Author Topic: We arent all bad  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: We arent all bad
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 02:43:27 PM »
Just because you don't like the Jonas Brothers doesn't mean you like anything worth listening to.

And what the hell is the music in that video?

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »
No, there's only one or two notable exceptions, the rest of you wouldn't know a correctly spelled word if nurse ratcheted herself broke you down and made you spell it.  You are all bad, and it pisses me off.
:rofl
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 04:00:38 PM »
That explains TwentyFo's man crush obsession with the band.

ack-ack

There is a bar in Chicago called "The Manhole". You can find TwentyFo in there on any given night.
Atti11a

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
:rofl   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »
Interesting thread on a WWII simulation website..lol

OK here's my take.  I know who the Jonas Brothers are only because of the marketing machine plastering them all over television. I couldn't tell you any more about them than that.  However I am a fan of all music.  I try to listen to all types and be open to what I am hearing.  However it seems that the music I associate better with is by bands, artist, whatever you want to call them, that have done their time on the road.  To me that means that they started out by working their way up.  Learned their instruments, singing, wrote their own songs or collaborated with other artist, played small venues, learned the ropes and became successful without being marketed like American Idol does.  I have never and will never watch that show.  The bands that have gone through their own coming of age have gained experience, wrote songs, played thier instruments, sang about these experiences, and seem more well rounded with better musical material.  An example as related to classic rock, pop, even rap when it first came out, is that the top albums of all time are still always the same albums.

A few examples:
Led Zeppelin IV
Eagles Hotel California
Stevie Wonder Songs from the key of life
Rush Moving Pictures
AC/DC Back in black
Fleetwood Mac Rumors
Pink Floyd Dark Side
The Who Who's Next
Yes even Jackon's Thriller is an important album in the progress of music.  By the way Eddie Van Halen Is responsible for the guitar riff in Beat it.

I could go on and on.  These artist worked on their music and produced groundbreaking albums not just marketed quick hit singles.  It seems like pop music now is all about the quick marketed band or singles without any substance to the music. You don't see the back street boys as producing one of the greatest albums of all time.
I like a guitar solo or riff that knocks my socks off vs. a 3 chord song that repeats the same thing over and over.  That would be like flying only the c47 in this game and not utilizing all the other vehicles. 

With that being said if I understand the Jonas brothers are nothing more than a  quirky quick marketed pop band with no substance I will probably, no I will change the station.
Rock on all and make sure your Ipod is loaded with good music for your own life's soundtrack  :rock

Being a musician myself, I have the exact same outlook as you do..  Jonas Bro's is just a grossly inflated facsimile of exactly what goes on in the corporate world of music today..
Anything you're hearing on the radio, whether it be country, alternative, hip-hop, adolescent pop, etc. is attached to an image..  In the end, the image matters more than the
music itself..  A lot of these bands and artists you're hearing on the radio today were found by talent scouts and pressured into joining up with some other people found by talent
scouts.  These people never ever write their own music (usually because they can't or don't know how).  A lot of the alternative rock you hear today was also manufactured in such a way..
They get some good looking guys together(that never met before), basically instruct them on what to play, and voila!  You've got the next biggest thing on your local alternative rock station! Whether they are good musicians or not means nothing..  Everything can be "fixed" in a studio.. 
Corporate music of today has no chemistry because it's all about the image and how good they can "sell" that image....
F corporate music....

I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »
May I add, if I didn't do what I was taught, it was hard to sit down for a while.  When I go to the grocery store, I hear kids talking to their parents in a way that if I had done it, I would still be sitting on a donut pillow.
I remember going school shopping with my mother and grandmother. I had/have a smart mouth at times. I decide to make a wiseazz comment to my mother and as I said it I moved away so she wouldn't smack me. Never saw the backhand coming from grandma... She actually put me on the floor of the mall.  Her only comment was "don't speak to your mother that way" and she kept walking.  I deserved it and also never once thought about calling the cops on my parents like kids today do.  I had my hindend warmed too many times to remember and I still say I'm the better man for it.  It's also the main reason kids today lack any discipline or selfrespect. :furious
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »
Is it a post count thing?  Is that why?    Idiota
*cue why we fight WW2 propaganda music*

We teenagers arent all bad sometimes we agree with all you oldies at what must be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1xI_NfHrEQ&feature=related

Idiota más grande
Jonas Brothers > Pink Floyd
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 10:54:07 PM »
the more posts you have on a forum generally indicates the ammount of time since you signed up that you have either thought people should listen to what you have to say or simply had absolutely nothing to do in real life.

less than 5% of all internet posts have a truly usefull purpose and more than 80% of them are caustic putdowns of other people's lives.

Forums are great fun!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:56:07 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
the more posts you have on a forum generally indicates the ammount of time since you signed up that you have either thought people should listen to what you have to say or simply had absolutely nothing to do in real life.

Says Mr.

So are you one that thinks you have important things to say or are you bored/boring IRL?

You don't have to answer, more of a rhetorical.   :aok
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 10:57:49 PM »
I say the same thing about the Jonas Brothers or whatever their name is as I did about Elvis when he first hit the scene.  WHO :confused:

At 66 my fav's were and are;  Peter. Paul, and Mary, the Kingston Trio, Burl Ives, and so on  :salute

The Beatles showed up when I was in the service so I guess they might qualify  :rock
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »
What part of blatantly self depreciating humour do you not understand??

I had a bad case of rhetorical once, luckily we caught it in time, right as rain now.

edit: oh, check it out....freaky

Name:  bongaroo
Position:  Public Forums
Date Registered:  April 02, 2008, 08:34:10 AM
Last Active:  Today at 11:00:16 PM

Name:  mechanic
Custom Title:  Parolee
Position:  Public Forums
Date Registered:  April 30, 2004, 07:37:53 AM
Last Active:  Today at 11:00:30 PM

:P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:01:23 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »
Being a musician myself, I have the exact same outlook as you do..  Jonas Bro's is just a grossly inflated facsimile of exactly what goes on in the corporate world of music today..
Anything you're hearing on the radio, whether it be country, alternative, hip-hop, adolescent pop, etc. is attached to an image..  In the end, the image matters more than the
music itself..  A lot of these bands and artists you're hearing on the radio today were found by talent scouts and pressured into joining up with some other people found by talent
scouts.  These people never ever write their own music (usually because they can't or don't know how).  A lot of the alternative rock you hear today was also manufactured in such a way..
They get some good looking guys together(that never met before), basically instruct them on what to play, and voila!  You've got the next biggest thing on your local alternative rock station! Whether they are good musicians or not means nothing..  Everything can be "fixed" in a studio.. 
Corporate music of today has no chemistry because it's all about the image and how good they can "sell" that image....
F corporate music....

Much to my dismay as I am an avid rock fan, I have to agree entirely with this post.  A couple popular modern rock bands left that actually are in control of their product are tool and radiohead.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 11:17:52 PM »
Also as a 'personal musician' (which means i can perform and compose musically but i do not do it for a wide audience or for money - that might of course just mean i suck) I agree with this completely.

It always amazes me that over the last 40 years of mainstream pop music culture no body twigged on to the fact the only good looking and perfectly formed people could sing or dance or write music. Its so glaringly obvious that it flew over the world's head, or they chose to ignore it because thiking for yourself is just effort.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 11:24:55 PM »
Beep Beep Beep

Scuze me fellas...just backing up the crane to move this over to the other forum.

~AoM~

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »
we're not old.
 :aok

Ancient comes to mind.
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/