Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?  (Read 8895 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?
« on: March 13, 2009, 02:19:01 AM »
Ok I Gv ALOT and most people would say i'm a camper lol and they would be right.  But if anyone is interested I can give you advice on becoming more accurate, and getting your round off accurately while being quicker than the other guy.  I'm in main arena almost everyday PM if you whanna work on your gv'ing.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:31:45 AM »
Online training is always nice...

but why not share your tips here too? It's the perfect forum for it :)

Be it in text only, with annotated pictures or even film - all useful & reasonable information is always welcome, no matter if it's about dogfighting, bombing or tanking.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »
I agree pictures would be helpful but i'd rather get some 1 on 1 time with people, but i'll mention a few tips here and go more in depth in main arena.

For starters when you are zoomed in on a target and have your sites where you think the bullet will hit the bad guy, put your cursor on that distance line as a reference.  This will give you a basis for aiming up or down and save time.

2nd depending on what type of tank you are shooting at there are "kill zones" To kill a Tiger-shoot for the turret where it meets the body in a frontal attack, and in the same spot at bottom of turret for a side attack.  For the t34-85 as well as the t34-76-in a frontal attack aim for the bottom of the frontal armor, I like to call it a chin shot, and in attack on the side of t34's try to aim from the center of the tracks to 3/4 up the tracks.  When fighting a m4-firefly-an m4 may seem very intimidating which they are with that big gun, but go for that same kind of "chin shot" i mentioned earlier bottom of front armor and you will get a 1shot kill.  When fighting a Panzer, almost anyplace on a panzer when hit will result in a kill, but you may get a ricochet off of some points in the armor, I aim for the turret.

3rd Whenever possible try to shoot on level ground, shooting crooked may result in missing an easy shot that would have otherwise saved your life.

4th Whenever possible find some sort of dirt mound to park behind, the less of your tank you expose the harder it will be for them to hit you, and also if you park diagonal behind a hill in for example a sherman, most rounds that do hit you will ricochet off of your turret.

5th If your find yourself severely outnumbered supplies can be a lifesaver, a t34-85 parked behind a hill with only the turret exposed is impossible to die in.  The turret on a t34-85 is indestructible, and you will have 8 extra chances at surviving with supplies around.

6th If you find yourself wanting to spawn into a field and discover somebody has it camped, spawn in a perkless ride like a panzer and dont try to shoot first sortie, get into your pintle gun and scan for enemies before starting your engine.  Wait for the camper to fire a round and kill you, "important" make a mental note of where the round came from, now it is your turn.  You spawn in a t34-85 "which has the faster turret in the game" and spin that turret around to where they were sitting, now when they appear blast them and wait for the "you cheated accusations" lol.

7th  If you wish to take out the beast the Tiger, which it is when used properly.  Ask someone if they would mind setting out supplys for you before upping, if no one will run some out yourself before upping the Tiger.  It is important to put the supplys in a spot at least 2,500 yards from the tanks you will be shooting.  I recommend a hilltop, but never park with your Tiger facing downhill, as its turret is very weak, and this exposes you to shots on top of your turret.  At a range of over 2,500 yards, only truly skilled tank drivers will be able to kill you with supplies around.  So have fun putting a Tiger to good use, which isnt often done in Aces High.

Alright theres just a few things that come to mind, like a said I will offer tips and advice to anyone who wishes just PM me <S>

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:28:38 PM »
B,

Thank-you!  If I see you tonight, I'll ask if you have the time to give me a hand.

<S>

hap

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 02:59:02 PM »
I sure did appreciate that by the way...  I hate to GV but my squad needs me sometimes,  so I guess I can at least try to shoot something.  = )
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 05:47:23 PM »
Yeah thanks, I have gv'ed alot and have a wealth of knowledge lol, let me know anytime.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:13 PM »
Belial i know i suck in GV's can you train me? Ill PM you.
Strokes

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »
Not implying anyone needs training, just sharing any info i have for the greater good :rock

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »
When I am in a G.V. I do not see other enemy G.V.'s like other G.V.'s on my side. What are they doing to see them. Exact steps. Thank You Ketinkrad

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 10:29:17 PM »
Icons for enemy gv are disabled for everyone, this is part of the allure for vehicles, it allows for sneaky play.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
they are not disabled, they are just below the GV and you can't get enough alt to get a good angle to see them.... tho I hear jeeps sometimes fly   :devil

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »
they are not disabled, they are just below the GV and you can't get enough alt to get a good angle to see them.... tho I hear jeeps sometimes fly   :devil

You know what i meant :)

Offline LivrLips

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:30 PM »
Ketinkrad, when you're in a vehicle, hit shift f4. This puts you in ground vis mode. It should help you see enemy gv's better
LivrLips tour 88 to 176
HolyMoly tour 179 to 180
Currently flying as 99Loco

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 04:44:00 AM »
Thank You for the Info. Ketinkrad

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 09:07:07 AM »

:aok
Flying since tour 71.