Author Topic: HOing whinners  (Read 3782 times)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: HOing whinners
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »
Many times, I will shoot beside the windshield of a plane I'm sneaking up on, just to get a little fight out of them! :aok

Last night I came up n flew about 10y behind n next to a p47n. I wrote p47n check it!! on 200 n sprayed some mgs. He promptly jerked his stick and proceeded colliding into me... I guess it's not a good idea to fly formation with the enemy.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »
If you going to make a attempt on HO on somebody and lost, don't cry and whine about it.  You dam well know what may happen. If you have a problem about it, cry to AH about and see how far you will go.  Suck it up and move on.

My 2 cents 
being new to this game I thought it was a wwII game and therfore I choose to fight like they did in WWII, with respect and class (which i was told by a friend meant no hoing and wait until they get alt from their base)
Am I wrong or just that naieve? Iam trying to learn how to dogfight the way me dad did and maybee I'm wrong maybee I should leave or start cheat ing the way they do
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline jammerz

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.SKBG.org
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 01:22:57 PM »
Please excuse my ignorance!  I am a bomber pilot and gv driver most of the time and, just here lately, I have been trying a little fighter action.  What exactly is a ho?  My understanding is when 2 planes end up shooting at each other in a head-on coarse, the one that got killed was the one that got hoed while the killer is the hoer.  I must have something wrong in this translation because, to me, if hoeing is bad then both pilots are just as guilty in which case there shouldn't be any whining because you win some and lose some.   :salute Thanks in advance for helping me understand this issue better.
SKHammer
CO: Sky Knights

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »
When you see this coming, and you should see it coming just a few moments ahead of time, tehn manuver to dodge and gain an advantage....it is a very winnable situation, because you know where the fella is going to be. :aok
Mark, that makes perfect sense, but what if you're flying a Dora, the "TnB dream machine"? I usually go vertical to save my E, but by the time I'm over the top, the other guy has usually managed to reverse and we're into merge #2. This happens enough times and I can find myself Co-alt and Co-E. Not exactly where I want to be in a friggin 190.
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »
Please excuse my ignorance!  I am a bomber pilot and gv driver most of the time and, just here lately, I have been trying a little fighter action.  What exactly is a ho?  My understanding is when 2 planes end up shooting at each other in a head-on coarse, the one that got killed was the one that got hoed while the killer is the hoer.  I must have something wrong in this translation because, to me, if hoeing is bad then both pilots are just as guilty in which case there shouldn't be any whining because you win some and lose some.   :salute Thanks in advance for helping me understand this issue better.
sometimes, you can see the fella lining up a HO from enough distance where he should have been lining up angles to kill the opponent without subjecting himself to teh guns of said opponent(the HO).   This only takes one to HO...most of the time opponents will meet heading opposite directions(to each others base)..so being pointed at someone is inevitable....One, may pass right by setting up angles to kill the other while dodging the HO attempt(he might call the HOer a HOtwit even though he himself was in front of the opponent, yet he was not going for the HO, nor did he fire, avoiding the HO tag right off the bat).  So, it only takes one to HO, and that one shall be called a HOtwit.  :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
being new to this game I thought it was a wwII game and therfore I choose to fight like they did in WWII, with respect and class (which i was told by a friend meant no hoing and wait until they get alt from their base)
Am I wrong or just that naieve? Iam trying to learn how to dogfight the way me dad did and maybee I'm wrong maybee I should leave or start cheat ing the way they do

Well, what WWII pilots did was a hell lot diffrent compare to this game.  In real life air combact theres no room for mistakes.  you only have on e life.  This game u have unlimited life.  there are things your dad could do but in this game you cant.  And that is the same way around. LW pilots during WWII attempt HO our bombers and really a lot of HO between fightes.
Head on (HO), vulching, alt picking and ramming is seeing as skills effort for one to get kills.  HOing is something that will happen as a lot.  if you are in a moss, 110, 190 or some planes that has heavy amount of 20mm, 30mm, and 37mm MG, you will HO any body.  
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:59 PM »
Mark, that makes perfect sense, but what if you're flying a Dora, the "TnB dream machine"? I usually go vertical to save my E, but by the time I'm over the top, the other guy has usually managed to reverse and we're into merge #2. This happens enough times and I can find myself Co-alt and Co-E. Not exactly where I want to be in a friggin 190.
In a dora, I always nose down under his guns and do a snap rudder slip 1/2 jellyroll(it's very hard for opponent to land guns, and it gives you an angle to make up for bad the turning radius of dora). :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »
This only takes one to HO...

Hold on,  Are you saying that it takes one person to HO? 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »
In a dora, I always nose down under his guns and do a snap rudder slip 1/2 jellyroll(it's very hard for opponent to land guns, and it gives you an angle to make up for bad the turning radius of dora). :aok
Thx, I'll go get killed 15-20 times trying to pull that off. :D
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
yes

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:20 PM »
To quote Steve  "It takes one to HO, and two to merge". But who gives a squat what he thinks? :lol

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 01:45:42 PM »
yes
i disagree.  thats like saying tghat it takes one to make a baby. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
To quote Steve  "It takes one to HO, and two to merge". But who gives a squat what he thinks? :lol

:lol        :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member