Author Topic: Respect Vs Rank  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Respect Vs Rank
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
a guy name MrMeaty was talking smack about his squad being ranked 13. I don't know the guy, but it was really amusing. 

I was LMAO at that last night.  Too funny!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 12:40:55 PM »
Although I don't have a problem with this it does sort of connect to something I find amusing. Some squads  equate their squad rank and their ability to steamroll with numbers to skill in the game. They might be skillful in gathering a large group of guys together, I guess. As has been said, quantity has a quality all its' own.   Last night, a guy name MrMeaty was talking smack about his squad being ranked 13. I don't know the guy, but it was really amusing. 

These mega squads are adept at using overwhelming numbers to accomplish their goal. Perhaps there is a certain skill in achieving this kind of organization. I'm sure within the horde there are skilled ack killers, hanger busters and building slayers.

The amusing part to me is that some members of these mega squads will talk smack here on the boards and in game but if their group ran up againt a squad of "fighter" sticks, they'd get their arses handed to them lickity split.

Meatsack is your "favorite" squad's 15 year old towel boy..(Pigs On The Wing)...   :rofl
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 01:14:23 PM by Anodizer »
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »
Stats are digital affirmation of progress or regression, nothing more.

Rank 'should' be implemented, but as it stands it good for gauging you and your personal progress over weeks/months. 

It helps me realize when I am beating my head against a wall.  I suck in attack mode, but I'm pretty good as a fighter and a bomber.  So I work on my attack ability to have more fun...not to compete.  But it is nice to see your stats rising when you progress. 

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
Although I don't have a problem with this it does sort of connect to something I find amusing. Some squads  equate their squad rank and their ability to steamroll with numbers to skill in the game. They might be skillful in gathering a large group of guys together, I guess. As has been said, quantity has a quality all its' own.   Last night, a guy name MrMeaty was talking smack about his squad being ranked 13. I don't know the guy, but it was really amusing. 

These mega squads are adept at using overwhelming numbers to accomplish their goal. Perhaps there is a certain skill in achieving this kind of organization. I'm sure within the horde there are skilled ack killers, hanger busters and building slayers.

The amusing part to me is that some members of these mega squads will talk smack here on the boards and in game but if their group ran up againt a squad of "fighter" sticks, they'd get their arses handed to them lickity split.

My squad typically recruits 1 player a year.  (sometimes none)

It is rare for us to have 7 of us on at one time.  (3-4 core members are over in Iraq/Afghan. and two just got back)

BUT I am constantly amazed at what 3-4 WidowMakers can do to affect a battle.  Are we that good?  Meh...  We're pretty durn good, but what we excel at are the little things. 

We are the de-ackers.(you won't find manned ack's up with WM's on station)  We always bring bombs.  (better to have them and pickle 'em that not have 'em and need them)  We pay attention to spawn points and dar.  (no pesky whirble sneaking in to spoil the capture)  If we up from a CV on a raid, you can bet we gonna pork ord at all the surrounding bases and drop the shore battery. (you won't find a WM run CV going through nme pt spawns or putting it right offshore)  We LOVE high alt fights. (heck, we just plane love fighting)  We don't mind taking off a sector or two back and coming in with alt to establish a high cap. (amazing what having high cap can do to shift a furball)  We stick around at the fields we capture so they don't get the sneak back.  We are stubborn and don't like giving up no matter the odds. (6th time is a charm)  We resupply.  And, might I add, we have probably the best durn troop hauler in the game.  (Spacer.  He's a sneaky bastage)  I could go on...  (can't give away all our secrets)

Six of us can usually get handled what would probably takes twice that.  Again, are we just that good?  No, that isn't it.  We're good, but far from the "best".  What we DO excel at are those small details that most overlook/ignore and THOSE are the things that let's a base get captured vs. stiff opposition or shifts the momentum of a fight when the nme out #'s us.

As they say, "The Devil is in the details".  That should be our squads motto now that I think of it.  (adding to sig. now)

It's the little things IMHO that matter the most.  That is what I would say is the diff. between a bad, good, and a great squad.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »
I would like to have film of a mehasquad from each side meeting in the middle on a fighter sweep for eachother. Just to watch the mayhem would be cool. Would the server be able to take that many people in a single sector though?
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »

Dang Steve, I don't even have clue what my squad is ranked. How the heck do you and Meaty know that number?????? :confused: It's Waystin's job to keep numbers from me except that I'm ranked 9999.999th in fighter stats. Or was that 0000.001???? :confused: SYKO swears thats the BIG rank to shoot for.................
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 01:58:26 PM »
            * There is no road home
               Death x tard town square
               Brags about his score daily
               that is really lame

:D
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 02:19:06 PM »
Dang Steve, I don't even have clue what my squad is ranked. How the heck do you and Meaty know that number?????? :confused: It's Waystin's job to keep numbers from me except that I'm ranked 9999.999th in fighter stats. Or was that 0000.001???? :confused: SYKO swears thats the BIG rank to shoot for.................

I didn't know that number.  Meaty touted it on ch 200, that's where I got  the info. I didn't connect that he was a pig til someone reminded me in this thread.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »
It seems to me that most people of lower rank or nicer than some of the higher ranked people. It must be something that when they die it will ruin their rank or they think they are better cause they do have a good rank witch we all know doesn't tell how good someone is.
Strokes

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
Most high ranked so-called "sticks" are out flown every day. Fight to fight means something. Rank can easily be manipulated so counts as nothing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 06:22:39 PM »
It seems to me that most people of lower rank or nicer than some of the higher ranked people. It must be something that when they die it will ruin their rank or they think they are better cause they do have a good rank witch we all know doesn't tell how good someone is.

Having rank is kinda like having money. Some people can handle it with grace, some people thing they're a god because they have it.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 09:05:49 PM »
Respect vs rank? 

I have one name for you.

Pacerr.

:rofl

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 09:16:13 PM »
While it seems we have a good thread on multiple topics, i originaly started this becuase somebody ruined a squad night becuase they felt
they had the authorithy too.
Perhaps reading the original post i produced would allow us to get back on topic.

Thanks  :salute

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »
   Last night, a guy name Limbo was talking smack about his score being ranked 13. I don't know the guy, but it was really amusing. 

+1
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 12:20:36 AM »
Respect vs rank? 

I have one name for you.

Pacerr.

:rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey