Author Topic: Fighter Hangars always down  (Read 1492 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Fighter Hangars always down
« on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
So I logged on today for about an hour before work and I looked for the biggest dar. Saw half a sector darbar that had a full darbar of friendlys heading at it plus another half a sector in the sector where every one was launching from. But then the enemy dar went away in a minute and I was like wtf then i checked the field status and saw only the FHs were dropped, nothing else not even radar....This is very cowardly of the knights who like taking bases because I know personally that Knights have alot of pretty decent sticks that work together and can easily handle almost any enemy 2v1. Does this happen on the other sides this seems to be a Knight thing that is getting out of hand. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
Re: Fighter Hangars always down
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »
So I logged on today for about an hour before work and I looked for the biggest dar. Saw half a sector darbar that had a full darbar of friendlys heading at it plus another half a sector in the sector where every one was launching from. But then the enemy dar went away in a minute and I was like wtf then i checked the field status and saw only the FHs were dropped, nothing else not even radar....This is very cowardly of the knights who like taking bases because I know personally that Knights have alot of pretty decent sticks that work together and can easily handle almost any enemy 2v1. Does this happen on the other sides this seems to be a Knight thing that is getting out of hand. :salute

I'm glad they let Valley girls in the army now.  :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »

DMBEAR, you and I don't hit it off that often, but I'm with you this time !  :rofl

Oh and Junky, it's been my experience that its usually the Bishops that pull this stunt.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 09:31:29 PM »

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »
Valley girls? If your insulting me for post it was a rant. Also you dont know me in person or what type of Soldier I am, whats your occupation? you dont see me saying you suck at being a civ......
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
It is not any particular country that kills the fight. THEY ALL DO IT. I know becuase I am a country switcher ....(and a spy some say). I see this happen in almost every good furball no matter what two countries are fighting each other.

What is really funny is when you have a great fight/furball going with no intent on taking the base and some griefer flys buffs over and asks for fighter cover because he is going to drop the FH so "you guys can push the fight back" = absolute lameness at its best.....LOLOLOLOL.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
Valley girls? If your insulting me for post it was a rant. Also you dont know me in person or what type of Soldier I am, whats your occupation? you dont see me saying you suck at being a civ......

lol junky, just ignore it and drive on. charlie mike !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »
:rofl

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 09:59:32 PM »
lol junky, just ignore it and drive on. charlie mike !
im kinda laughing because I just got done level 2 combatives and last week shot 39 out of 40 at the range, im more sqaured away then most (EIB coming in may  :rock )
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 10:02:14 PM »
It is not any particular country that kills the fight. THEY ALL DO IT. I know becuase I am a country switcher ....(and a spy some say). I see this happen in almost every good furball no matter what two countries are fighting each other.

What is really funny is when you have a great fight/furball going with no intent on taking the base and some griefer flys buffs over and asks for fighter cover because he is going to drop the FH so "you guys can push the fight back" = absolute lameness at its best.....LOLOLOLOL.

ownage should be used in these situations :D
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »

I sit on the fence with this statement..

I decided to help out a GV fight. I flew a few CAS missions and then decided to go knock down the enemy VH's. I announced it on range and not one person said "Hey, Don't do it!" So I ran my first mission ('eavy P-38L) and dropped the dar (Yeah I suck at life) and then RTB'd. I Then announced on range that I was going to perform another attack on the VB and a few guys said that they preferred that I did not hit attack the VB. It's a good thing my aim sucks or I could have hindered the GV battle quite a bit and then would have probably been lumped in tot he category you are speaking of.

People on the range channel need to speak up and let people know if they want an attack on a specific location/target.. You can always do this on the "Country" channel. so if people do not speak up that's their own fault.

See my point?
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:05:44 PM »
I Then announced on range that I was going to perform another attack on the VB and a few guys said that they preferred that I did not hit attack the VB. It's a good thing my aim sucks or I could have hindered the GV battle quite a bit

See my point?
No.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 10:07:54 PM »
If you are over a base in a massive furball and you want the buffs to stay away let them know. Same thing goes for DV fights let the guys in the air know of you want them to stay out of it. If the person still drops or joins in the fight that shows poor class but at the same time you can't talk crap about someone who drops and was never told to stay out of it and the same thing goes for those performing CAS in a GV fight.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:17:56 PM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 10:40:12 PM »

C'mon you're kidding, right???

An attack that turns into a good furball over or near a base, eventually has to come to an end, correct?

If I was in charge of trying to take a base, I would leave as much of the base intact as possible.

Shut down as much as it takes to take the base.

Taking down the FHs puts a pretty big hurt on the defense of the base

Now if the guys working the town are efficient enough, the base should be taken, and still have enough of it left to defend its self till the FHs come back up.

Its pretty hard to defend a base that is totally devestated after you take it, sooooo----

So Imho, it was a smooooth move. :rock
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:42:44 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
If you are over a base in a massive furball and you want the buffs to stay away let them know. Same thing goes for DV fights let the guys in the air know of you want them to stay out of it. If the person still drops or joins in the fight that shows poor class but at the same time you can't talk crap about someone who drops and was never told to stay out of it and the same thing goes for those performing CAS in a GV fight.
Well to answer your question before you edited it, no, you are the one being stupid here. You tell people to "speak up" on range ch if they dont want you to drop the hangers. Yet, in the post I quoted you on you said they asked you not to drop on the VH's and yet you still attempted to.
I Then announced on range that I was going to perform another attack on the VB and a few guys said that they preferred that I did not hit attack the VB. It's a good thing my aim sucks or I could have hindered the GV battle quite a bit.

Oh and I boldend the words for the "dense" as you would call it.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.