Author Topic: 10 years later,Columbine High School massacre  (Read 1256 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Re: 10 years later,Columbine High School massacre
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »
I like you serenity, always have.

Stand down to no one, if you see someone who is down, pick them up, that is all you can ever do.
And yeah you will do just fine in the military, cause news flash people, they (the militarys of this world) dont give a DAMN what you think... feel, need wish or want.

Therefor it makes your personality issues or flaws or whatever COMPLETELY pointless.

Serve your people, and that is all that matters.

Ill say it again, if people wouldn't start something, there wouldn't BE somethin', i cant hold serentiy responsible for being a better young man than someone else. Now..im go smoke a joint. ;)
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 07:13:38 PM »
Is that relationship not manifested by the fact that smart crimes are not being discovered or recorded nearly as often?   :noid

If you have a motive, they'll tend to figure this out and find the evidence to convict you. This holds people back who can foresee consequences, even if some moral notion does not. The decent chance of being caught makes the risk/reward ratio of most crime seem unattractive to those who can think critically about the matter.

I mean, consider that you want a particular person dead. You surely have some good reason for this desire, which can be sniffed out in an investigation. This means you will be under the microscope if this person actually does turn up dead, whether or not you did the deed. How easy would it be to pull off the caper then, in this day and age, without leaving one fingerprint, one molecule of DNA, one witness, one security camera getting you on tape, without leaving anything tying yourself to the weapon? The amount of work alone would be enormous, apart from the risk. Even if you commit the "perfect" crime somehow and nothing can be proven, you can expect to defend yourself in some way, shape, or fashion for it, which would cost time and quite possibly a great deal of money. And note you will be tried by 12 of the dumbest people in your community. :devil Even if not convicted, your community would likely assume you did it anyway, with social repercussions. Besides, if you don't get to look the bastard in the eye as you cross rapiers and pierce his heart, then what may I ask is the point? :D  

Thus the intelligent person turns away from unlawful violence and simply prays for his nemesis to be struck with leprosy.

The real difficult ones to catch are those who commit crimes intelligently AND with no easily discerned motive, but like I say, the genius psychopath is far more common in Hollywood than real life.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:16:04 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »
I don't have a problem with you Serenity.   It's your "hypocrisy" that sets you apart from most.   "Attack you"?   No, the muggers did that.   You have no problems building yourself up, but when barely leaned on, you retreat and cry foul.   Just like ANY thread you've posted along these lines.   

"Smoking a joint"?   I don't smoke joints.   But I'm glad you are ripping on people getting "Straight F's, while you get Straight A's" and you start your sentences with "And".   

:rock

No, the reason I am calling foul, is because I know my temper. If I had this discussion with you on the street, it would probably end in violence judging by our personalities. One of my biggest flaws is how easy it is to get me upset. But rather than sit here and fight, rather than let my temper get the better of me and risk getting banned for lashing out at you, I am simply reporting your flaming, and refusing to discuss what you so dearly want to drag up from the depths. But yes, I am a hypocrite. I have admitted it many times. Hell, for a period it was even in my signature! I think I will go put it back there now just to be clear.

What can I say? I don't put a particularly high priority on proper grammar and sentence structure when I am having a casual discussion.

I like you serenity, always have.

Stand down to no one, if you see someone who is down, pick them up, that is all you can ever do.
And yeah you will do just fine in the military, cause news flash people, they (the militarys of this world) dont give a DAMN what you think... feel, need wish or want.

Therefor it makes your personality issues or flaws or whatever COMPLETELY pointless.

Serve your people, and that is all that matters.

Ill say it again, if people wouldn't start something, there wouldn't BE somethin', i cant hold serentiy responsible for being a better young man than someone else. Now..im go smoke a joint. ;)

lol. Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
Firstly, and foremost, I recanted NOTHING. The ONLY thing I will ever take back about that particular conversation was the immaturity I displayed in letting you all get to me. And that is ALL I will say on that. I will NOT be pulled into that again.

Kiddo this was a thread about a school shooting tragedy.

So now its what? An "all about me" Serenity thread? :huh
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
If you have a motive, they'll tend to figure this out and find the evidence to convict you. This holds people back who can foresee consequences, even if some moral notion does not. The decent chance of being caught makes the risk/reward ratio of most crime seem unattractive to those who can think critically about the matter.

I mean, consider that you want a particular person dead. You surely have some good reason for this desire, which can be sniffed out in an investigation. This means you will be under the microscope if this person actually does turn up dead, whether or not you did the deed. How easy would it be to pull off the caper then, in this day and age, without leaving one fingerprint, one molecule of DNA, one witness, one security camera getting you on tape, without leaving anything tying yourself to the weapon? The amount of work alone would be enormous, apart from the risk. Even if you commit the "perfect" crime somehow and nothing can be proven, you can expect to defend yourself in some way, shape, or fashion for it, which would cost time and quite possibly a great deal of money. And note you will be tried by 12 of the dumbest people in your community. :devil Even if not convicted, your community would likely assume you did it anyway, with social repercussions. Besides, if you don't get to look the bastard in the eye as you cross rapiers and pierce his heart, then what may I ask is the point? :D  

Thus the intelligent person turns away from unlawful violence and simply prays for his nemesis to be struck with leprosy.

The real difficult ones to catch are those who commit crimes intelligently AND with no easily discerned motive, but like I say, the genius psychopath is far more common in Hollywood than real life.

Intresting and vaild points. If you wanted someone dead you could dress in black from head to toe and use a 9mm pistol, study the target briefly to estimate daily routines for a safe intercept point and never let them know you were there. Motives in a criminal network would not often be obvious to police untill any chance of evidence is long gone.

There are a list of crimes that are obviously only for idiots who think that in this age they can get away with walking into a post office with a sawn-off and riding off into the sunset. A majority of these criminals that get caught could easily have done it through desperation, fear, fun or any number of reasons than plain stupidity.

In school children strive to break the rules. Some always get away with it and swagger past the detention line smilling at the unfortunates. Adult criminal activity is the same. Just because there is a long line in detention after school for bullying, stealing, smoking and what have you, does not mean the kids who relieved the cash box from the staff office are not eating ice cream by the river unbeknown to anyone else. Theft of money is by far the worst crime on the list and only attempted by those smart enough to devise a method of getting away with it.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »
Kiddo this was a thread about a school shooting tragedy.

So now its what? An "all about me" Serenity thread? :huh

Um... can I not respond to a post directed at me?

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 07:00:34 AM »
What effect on the school system did Columbine have?  It happened my Freshman year, and after that, it seemed like we (I was one of the screw ups at school) got away with much, much, much more.  Really, the administration just stopped trying over the next year.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:11 AM »
What effect on the school system did Columbine have?  It happened my Freshman year, and after that, it seemed like we (I was one of the screw ups at school) got away with much, much, much more.  Really, the administration just stopped trying over the next year.

Yeah lets get on topic, enough of this kids life.

Well for me being high school at the time, we were taught about what to do in an emergency.

We also had NBC come to our school and do a national show on my high school and how eeriely similar it was to Columbine High School. Which was weird, but me and my classmates got to discuss how we felt about the whole situtation on national television which was pretty cool.

Of course this also prompted 2 bomb scares and 3 school shooting threats during my last couple of years at the school, none of which amounted to anything. The last shooting threat was kind of a wild situtation, the police took it very seriously and we had the Swat team outside, a cop on ever corner of the hallway and bomb sniffing dogs checking bags at the door. I got to make a cameo on the local news station for that one.

Basically after Columbine I was ALOT more nervous at school, for awhile there I just didn't really feel safe. Just a sad day.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 12:31:03 PM »

I had graduated the previous year when it happened, and those friends of mine who were still in HS kept me informed of how Stalinist Carthage High School went. And of course, the students and parents just went along with it. Love or hate the youth of the '60s (and believe me, I hate 'em on a lot of counts), at least they had a spirit of resistance. Sure, the actions of a couple of psychos means everybody's dignities and liberties should be infringed upon...what it actually means is that we let the little psychos WIN by changing our lives and accepting BS on account of them, just like we let the 9/11 terrorists WIN.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:50:34 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
Yeah lets get on topic, enough of this kids life.

Thank you, "boy that kid will argue and babble till he's blue in the face".

For Law Enforcement, since Columbine, there have been changes in tactics. Which Im not going to discuss here. I dont fault those guys out there cause I dont know the full story. No doubt there was a lot of confusion and the presence of so many IEDs changed everything. Having different agencies respond didnt help communication either.

For us nothing much changed. We are used to violence in and around schools and when something happens we dont wait around for anything. We simply mob it with a sea of blue. Besides we have metal detectors and Police at all our High Schools.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
Thats alot of personal insight for someone who was complaining about another poster's personal experiences in the modern schooling system being voiced!  :P

You think the police know more than the students?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
The thing i was confused about, SWAT was there, they could have gone in and helped, but they waited afew hours, multiple lives could have been saved

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2009, 01:56:27 PM »
imo, this thread is giving them what they wanted from it all. We can salute the sad loss sure,  I for one dont want to keep it in the air past sorrow.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
imo, this thread is giving them what they wanted from it all. We can salute the sad loss sure,  I for one dont want to keep it in the air past sorrow.

If it makes you feel any better Bat, I believe there is a Hell.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »

Bingo. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC