Author Topic: Please Fix the IL-2 37mm Accuracy  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Please Fix the IL-2 37mm Accuracy
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »
  No, I wasnt there, but I can say that the wirby is magazine fed, I can say that the IL-2 with dual 37mm cannons should recoil at minimum like a single 37mm on the M8. 

Umm no... the 37x195 is the 37mm used by the IL2

The 37x223 is used in the m-8.

Since 223 is a bit bigger than say 195.....
See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »
You guys think resurrecting old threads, old posts, and general sniveling and whining is going to get you somewheres?

I'd say your ship has sailed. (Image removed from quote.)

Shreck how old are you? Seriously? You babble nonsense like a pooh-butt.
 gaaa-gaaa-gaaa-gaaaa. Schreck go gaaa-gaaa.

Let's be polite here Rich.  "You guys" lumps me in with views that I may or may not share.  The IL-2 fix is due, just want to keep it in HTC's view.  With the accurizing of the Wirbelwind, it's nemesis and chief antagonist should get the same accurizing treatment.

:salute

Way

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:08:01 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »
Let's be polite here Rich.  "You guys" lumps me in with views that I may or may not share.  The IL-2 fix is due, just want to keep it in HTC's view.  With the accurizing of the Wirbelwind, it's nemesis and chief antagonist should get the same accurizing treatment.

Way

I am being fair. You got reactions from Hitech himself in this thread and still you drag it back up. Why?

The WW simply got its turret tarverse slowed down. Its still just as accurate and its ROF hasnt changed. Last time I checked the IL2 didnt have a turret. For that matter what does the WW have to do with the IL2 anyways?

To much drama pal. If you deaccurize the IL2 then you can deaccurize every plane and vehicle in the game. Most of all your Shermans which can kill at obscene distances in AH that they couldnt in real life.

Cause they plain werent that accurate. :huh
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »
Waystin, if you can improve on the arguments I deployed here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,272550.msg3417261.html#msg3417261 then have it.  I felt like I was soundly defeated.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2009, 07:26:11 AM »
And let's conveniently ignore the fact that besides the tremendous amount of recoil that prevented firing more than a few shells in succession (with any accuracy), the 37mm cannon on the Il-2 were found to jam so frequently as to make the 23mm armament preferable. :P

Only in AH do mediocre weapons that never attained more than marginal success get turned into ubiquitous uber-weapons. :lol

I will reserach it Gavagai.  It was a fact that the Russian Pilots preferred the 23 mm gun set to the 37 mm for several reasons.  Instabilitties in flight and unsychronized guns were the reasons that I remember.  I must say  that there is little chance of Hitech changing it because of jams, this would open a pandoras box on a whole slew of planes.

BombRich, in no way did Hitech shoot down my request.  He instead shot down the ludicrous lines of thought put forward by others.  I look forward to the accurization of the IL-2. 

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »
Let all who have ears hear...HTC does grant well researched wishes!

Fixed in latest patch...

Il-2 37mm cannons are no longer synced together.

Way
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:22:48 PM by waystin2 »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »
Cool huh :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2009, 01:40:45 PM »
So when are you going to start asking to fix the ROF on the WW? :noid
See Rule #4

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2009, 02:07:56 PM »
Between the wirby's 3000 round sustained fire without reload or threat of jamming (that includes the Osty and M16), the IL-2's laser AP cannons (37mm), and a host of other direct fire issues in this "sim", it shows that there are vehicles and systems being released into this "sim" that are not being fully researched or tested correctly.

Yeager is correct to a certain extent, but having gross misinterpretations and implementations of weapons systems and their ability to perform far beyond the capabilities both historically and realistically is a travesty.  It does nothing but take away from the "sim" aspect and point it towards a X-Box game.  I'd like to believe that HTC would rather have a more fine tuned following bent on enjoying a realistic sim vs a horde or kids/summer game players looking for a quick game rush for the summer.

I hope, I sincerely hope that HTC is able to grasp historical fact and get it implemented into the IL-2, the wirblewind, and the other uber-vehicles in the game. 

Look at it this way; you up an Ostwind to defend a base. The first thing the attackers do is knock down the hangars with a rush of buffs. You rush to the town to defend the maproom. This all takes, say ten minutes. You now are the last line of defence for your field. A plane is coming over you at that perfect angle...you line up your shot and pull the trigger. The first round flies between his wing and horizontal stab. Your cannon jams and you are immediate fodder for every aircraft around you, one of which strafes your turret gunner and your time is wasted for nothing but a cannon jam. Would you be happy with that?

Better yet, if it were applied in one area, it would have to apply to others. Guns that were inverted jammed VERY often. If you flew a plane out and took an inopportune shot at an aircraft that caused you to go 0g or even into the negative and most/all of your guns jammed, would you be a happy player?

Also, "random failures" have been left out of this game on purpose. The goal is that everything is fair; if you up a Wirble, you get a Wirble. If you up an A-20, you get an A-20. Not half of one.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
BombRich, in no way did Hitech shoot down my request.  He instead shot down the ludicrous lines of thought put forward by others.  I look forward to the accurization of the IL-2.  

Meanwhile, back in the flight sim, the tank crowd celebrates a win.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »
Meanwhile, back in his own little world, Rich46yo continues to believe Aces High is a flight sim.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »
Rich, that is a great example of the immature invective of which you are so fond.  You can advocate for your favorite plane and point of view adequately without it.

Do a search on "appeal to ridicule," and "ad hominem."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 03:41:04 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »
IL-2 flight disruption when using the 37mm Wish thread coming to a forum near you in the next few days. :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2009, 05:02:14 PM »
wtg Way,
Hey can your argue for more Jap planes for me HTC seems to like you :D :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2009, 06:51:02 PM »
IL-2 flight disruption when using the 37mm Wish thread coming to a forum near you in the next few days. :aok

Right after the, "Sherman is a large caliber Ostie" thread. Honestly. You tank types want it all. You dont want airplanes killing you, around air bases in a flight sim, :huh. You dont want them to be able to upp right away, after you have shot them with your tank cannon, :huh. You dont want them to be able to see you. You dont want any of them to have F3. You dont want their guns synchronized. You want them to jam. :huh You want the guns to mess up the flight model, :huh "even tho no other plane or vehicle has same", :huh. You want ords to be perked. :huh Or the plane itself to be perked. :huh Or the plane when it has the big guns to be perked. :huh And with all this Historical accuracy about planes that are killing you you still want to be able to motor anywheres you want, alone, with nobody messing with you. :huh

As if that ever happened in the war. As if a airplane going into an enemy field alone has much of a chance. :huh

And you'll keep sniveling, and whining, and complaining, until you get what you want. Which is basically a Tank sim with airplanes that cant harm you. Or that you can limit by going on one suicide Typhie run.

Then we have Gaaa-gaaa-gaaaa-Gavagai. He doesnt tank, doesnt GV, doesnt IL2, and doesnt even run into IL2s much. So you tell me what hes about. A troll maybe?

This kinda whine here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,274228.0.html sort of sums up the kinda preemadonna attitude GV'ers have in this game. Boy, to think sombody would actually post that.