Author Topic: Ho's and ropes  (Read 2283 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Ho's and ropes
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »
Thanks for the films Steve, will watch those once I finish this oh so boring night shift - and I get what you mean about timing.

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Kostic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
Roping is a delicate skill. If you do it perfectly you're coming down on your opponent when they are just flippin over and losing their guns on you. Coming down on them while they still have gunsight on you even if theyre just hanging is just sloppy :)
Either way, it's the guy hanging n spraying on his prop pretty much unable to adjust a shot that is looking like the chump here.

Agreed, and this can be difficult at times as E states of the two aircraft may vary widely during the manuveur.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
Roping is a delicate skill. If you do it perfectly you're coming down on your opponent when they are just flippin over and losing their guns on you. Coming down on them while they still have gunsight on you even if theyre just hanging is just sloppy :)
Either way, it's the guy hanging n spraying on his prop pretty much unable to adjust a shot that is looking like the chump here.

Timing is the key  :aok

With all the Newbs coming in from the AH2 commercial Now is the time to start practicing things like these. In the past it was kind of hard to find someone with any knowledge of the physics, strategy and general SA to fall for this...hehe

I remember when i first started...can't tell you how many times I fell for the rope.

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
I still do lol I'm gonna catchem this time......
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2009, 07:57:07 AM »
Funny how many opinions and conditions people can build into an HO.

If both can shoot at each other at same time, it is an HO... and so what? They happen.

If one does not want to squeeze the trigger in that situation, it is his choice and liberty not to do so. However, he should not expect anything from the opponent. If you fly into an HO, live (or die) with your decision and forget about it. No further discussion needed. If you die in an HO, it is your own fault, nobody else is to blame.

I wish the "dead HO horse" could rest in peace already.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2009, 10:38:43 AM »
not really, but one can continue to hope they develop the skills to actually learn to fight.

lol Stephan, or should I say HO HO HO, fight a cartoon?

http://www.tinker.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123073403

The real "fighter pilots" can be read about in this link. They flew P-51s and if you read the story they closed head to head with 109s "The two P-51s turned head on into the enemy fighters firing their guns as they closed head-to-head." and Oh Nose they HO'ed them.

DBBTMS 

Infidelz.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:41:00 AM by Infidelz »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »
We're all real fighter pilots in a real war?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Yes moot. This is real, now suit up man, the future of the free world is at stake.

INFIDELz.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2009, 01:43:12 PM »
Steve, those films cleared it up for me nicely, thanks fella.

See what you mean about timing now - I've got some work to do on patience etc, but hey ho - its all fun.

Thanks again,

:salute

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2009, 01:59:17 PM »

I was but it was over when I was.

Ok, nuff of that....

Why on earth would you put yourself in a position to be a HO when you roped the dude? Makes no sense.

Roping is a very simple affair once you learn how and that takes about 10 minutes.

Ren

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2009, 02:01:41 PM »
By not having the patience to wait for him to stall out etc etc etc.....(well, that and not knowing what the hell I'm doing  :D)

Wurzel

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »
When is taking a shot right or wrong

In your opinion.....of course?

Interesting question. I was once asked something very similar by a small child. Everything is an opinion. A murderer may be right in his opinion and maybe in others, but not in most. Robing a bank might be ok in some folks opinion but not in others.

What we normally consider right or wrong is what the bulk of the community considers right or wrong.

The real "fighter pilots" can be read about in this link. They flew P-51s and if you read the story they closed head to head with 109s "The two P-51s turned head on into the enemy fighters firing their guns as they closed head-to-head." and Oh Nose they HO'ed them.

This is a game! Those looking for a fight will fight..... those just looking for a kill will just kill and are not interested in the fight.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:29:07 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »
What we normally consider right or wrong is what the bulk of the community considers right or wrong.

Isn't that how we came to owe 10 Trillion dollars? Gawd! :lol

This is a game! Those looking for a fight will fight..... those just looking for a kill will just kill and are not interested in the fight.

Interesting to note: There are old fighter pilots and there are bold fighter pilots but there ain't any old bold fighter pilots.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2009, 09:33:49 PM »
I won't take this shot . i hold off until I see top of his plane . Soon as I do , i unload on em .

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »
Liar.. You wait till they're face down.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you