Author Topic: Why so few people?  (Read 5829 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Why so few people?
« on: May 12, 2009, 06:30:28 AM »
Why do so few people play in axis v allies? :frown:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why so few people?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:49:55 AM »
Limited plane sets
Charlie don't surf!

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 07:25:27 AM »
Limited plane sets

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Its a little deeper than that...  :rofl :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 07:48:59 AM »
Its because the arena is haunted. :t
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 08:47:08 AM »
I assumed when I joined the whole thing would be like axis v allies. Its an anathema to me two german planes fighting eachother. The planes evolved to fight the other countires planes not each other and this is part of the facination for me. Shure a free for all arena is a good idea but I thought A V A would be the most popular not the least.

When I get a fight in AVA it seems to be dictated by Channel 200 as in why did you do that why arnt ou doing this, you should learn how to do ACM'S better.

I want a realistic combat simulation for a bit of fun not some geek telling me how to play AH like he thinks it should be because he spends most of his life on here.   
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:02:31 AM »
I assumed when I joined the whole thing would be like axis v allies. Its an anathema to me two german planes fighting eachother. The planes evolved to fight the other countires planes not each other and this is part of the facination for me. Shure a free for all arena is a good idea but I thought A V A would be the most popular not the least.

What are you talking about? Right know there is a BoB setup and unless the arena is porked its always Axis vs. Allies.

When I get a fight in AVA it seems to be dictated by Channel 200 as in why did you do that why arnt ou doing this, you should learn how to do ACM'S better.

Here is a great idea, detune 200 and you wont have to see that.

I want a realistic combat simulation for a bit of fun not some geek telling me how to play AH like he thinks it should be because he spends most of his life on here.  

Then you shouldn't be playing in any arenas. There will always be people that tell you to do this or that but its up to you to listen to them or not. If you cant handle people like that then you should be playing an on line game.

From your two posts you I see you aren't here to ask why people dint fly the AvA. You are just here to stir the pot and get everyone pissed off at each other.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
From your two posts you I see you aren't here to ask why people dint fly the AvA. You are just here to stir the pot and get everyone pissed off at each other.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression I would like more people to fly AVA its a bit boring when you are the only one on.

So I would like to know whhy more people dont I suppose and ideally would like to promote it somehow.

I find iots either empty or a series of duels between old lags.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 09:15:31 AM »
One of the main reasons no one flies the arena is because no one flies the arena.

It may sound strange at first but its true. No one wants to go into an arena when no one is there to fight. Best thing to do is find someone that wants to go there in the MAs and fight them for a while. Most of the time when people see others in there they will check to see whats happening and if begins to snowball. The more people that are in the arena the more that go in.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:19:12 AM »
One of the main reasons no one flies the arena is because no one flies the arena.

It may sound strange at first but its true. No one wants to go into an arena when no one is there to fight. Best thing to do is find someone that wants to go there in the MAs and fight them for a while. Most of the time when people see others in there they will check to see whats happening and if begins to snowball. The more people that are in the arena the more that go in.

I shall do just that thing :salute
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »

I couldn't say it better.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »
I couldn't say it better.

No way!  :D

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »
Best fights you'll ever get are in the AvA
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 12:07:52 PM »
And the best smack  :aok

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »
Me thinks Marbles tender ego is just a few weeks away from a "I'm leaving this game forever!" post...
See Rule #4

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 01:23:23 PM »
Me thinks Marbles tender ego is just a few weeks away from a "I'm leaving this game forever!" post...

I dont do all that Flouncy nonsense though Ive read many of these. Its all in the hope that someone will do some shallow soul searching and beg the particular jesse not to leave as they will be misses. All that obvious attention seeking not for me. I try to stimulate people to think not emotionally blackmail them.

Anyway whats the beef I am trying to be constructive about A V A here I just dont like the people who fly in it  :rofl

Seriously I have had some great fightis in their but its also far too gentlemanly for my liking. If I see anyone haveing a nice little one on one I will join in if it suits me and if you dontlike it go to he TA.

Result Ill probably end up on my own again but I long for a proper A V A war and Ill be on in a couple of hours :rock       
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:26:49 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP