Author Topic: I crave more competition!  (Read 8218 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: I crave more competition!
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »
Its a joke to Rumble. +1 if your name is rumble.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2009, 10:20:18 PM »
+1  :rofl

Offline sveno

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2009, 12:36:23 PM »
+1 on more squad competition.

and i flown the 109g2 (30 eny) for a year exklusive...

the SDL is the most precious 2 hours in the month.  :aok  :salute

Orgasmic Interception.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.

Offline CDR1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »
Change can be fun, sometimes it works sometime it does not. One thing for sure is if you don't try something new and just talk it to death you will never really know. For better competition here is my suggestion. Add a function to the controls that would :
1. allow you to switch your icon to user id which the other team could see.
2. allow direct vox to the player your fighting.

I think this would spice up the game. If you did a merge, punched the button and not only knew you were facing Shawk, but was able to talk to him as you fought, I am willing to bet the respect and the willingness to help each others game play would improve dramatically!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »
heck i dont care, this has turned into a wow/xboxer bashing thread for some reason. this thread is dead so lock it.

What you do you expect?  WoW sucks and anyone that plays it is just basically a limp wristed care bear that was accurately portrayed as the character "Jenkins" in the "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode of South Park. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2009, 02:50:19 PM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:12:13 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »
TC years ago we had a 2 on 2 Tournaments.  They were fun! The pairings were set and the combatants would

agree on a time and a place to meet.  As everything else here has been gamed my partner and I MrWulf got

through the first two rounds in a breeze.  Third round we lost a 2 out of 3.  Congratulated our opponents

and saluted them only to find out later that one had a rider whos' job was to chk 6 and keep the wingman

informed about position etc.

Myself and MrWulf did not say anything about it or publicly declare a foul or cheating.  We decided it would be

useless and childish.  We just walked away quietly and I have never entered anything of that nature again in AH.

There is always someone willing to try anything to win.  And willing in some way to do anything to tip the

balance in their favor.  And for that reason I do not participate nor will I participate in anything like that again

in Aces High. 

Hajo

- The Flying Circus -

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2009, 03:03:55 PM »
What you do you expect?  WoW sucks and anyone that plays it is just basically a limp wristed care bear that was accurately portrayed as the character "Jenkins" in the "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode of South Park. 

Untrue sweeping generalizations sure are fun!  Sorry ack-ack, you weren't the only one to make such a comment in this thread...but the most recent and pointed, surely. 

Hajo I do understand what you are saying, but at the same time I see people in the MA's do "anything to win" (see shade vulching) all the time...I just don't see how implementing this tourney idea would change it in any way. 

As previously noted Kazaa...let this idea simmer for a bit, re-introduce it in a few months without mention of "WoW" in your post, and bob's your uncle.

Offline strong10

• Copper Member
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »
+1. 

Idea:  Take some of the guys already players and train them into better competition by having more dogfight training.  Many of the guys here can get better.  Maybe a more advertised TA with specific daily training times w/ some rotating top players.  How about a Kazaa hour during the week?  I'd go.

You're not gonna get Aces High to do much though, heck they don't even switch Tuesdays to Wednesdays(Not that I'm complaining about the nice big numbers)  It's a money thing for them. 

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »
I'm sure nobody here needs tips on how to fly the XVI, the thing practically flies itself

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2009, 05:36:28 PM »

ack-ack

I've never played WoW, but it's a bit silly to say that an active duelling ladder type arena would turn AH into WoW or an xbox... I mean it'd have no implication on the MA.

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »
And not everyone on WoW is a no life fat virgin tard....
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2009, 05:44:41 PM »
"HiTech Creations was founded with a simple philosophy by Dale "HiTech" Addink in 1999. It's not to create a large corporation, a vast gaming network, or a line of online games. It's just to create a game, that is better than any other like it. Contrary to most companies, our goal is to keep the company small. We know that with a singular focus and an experienced cohesive team that enjoys its work, the production, service, support, and overall level of satisfaction will be unmatched. "

Personally I hate super competitive games because it leads to legions of trash talking 12 year olds, and poor 'play to win at any cost' gameplay. It's not about winning, it's about having fun. I guess I'm just a laid-back person.
  Yep I am sure HTC would rather make less money than more.. I mean why worry about making a million when u can just be skimming by on the bills...
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
  Yep I am sure HTC would rather make less money than more.. I mean why worry about making a million when u can just be skimming by on the bills...

Far from accurate. :)

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »
And not everyone on WoW is a no life fat virgin tard....

Oh, really? So you're trying to tell us that you're part of the .0001% that isn't?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song