Author Topic: Choose your plane and stick to it.  (Read 2314 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: Choose your plane and stick to it.
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2009, 02:19:49 AM »
I expected the primer 38 jocks to argue my points of course. I know you love your plane but there is no doubt that someone coming into the game will do nearly as well.

There are no noobs who can fight it well in a low furball. That takes time and practice and even when you think you've had enough to engage in a low furball for more than a minute or two, you'll find yourself in trouble quick if you don't extend.

There are much better planes for furballing is what I said.

As far as carrying one 1k bomb around looking for another GV to kill or finish of someones hanger, it's a very unstable way to fly a 38.

When I used to be big into the 38 (until one night, I guess I just "snapped" and died like every sortie lol), I'd take a 38G, with 1 DT and only 1DT, and either 50% fuel, or 75 depending on where I was going.

Even with 1 DT on, the 38 was still very stable. I don't know the difference with a 1000lb bomb, but IMHO, the 38 was MORE maneuverable with only 1 DT.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:40 AM »
Duno Del.. I have a hard time scoring any kills around you. :D  Sure have cleared out quite a few bardars with ya tho!  :aok

Sort of miss those days, once we got our communication down and we weren't doubling up on planes, we used to clean house.

I still say you are the better stick, though.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2009, 02:33:55 AM »
I'd call it the other way, but I guess we'll have to mess around in the DA sometime this fall!  I heard mensa can clean anybody up though.  Watch out for that guy!

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2009, 03:02:18 AM »
Don't mess with the best :devil

inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2009, 04:21:03 AM »
I get motivated to learn the plane that I consistantly lose against in a dogfight. I tend to fly at a particular time of day and over time have figured out who the "good" sticks are that tend to fly during the same time of day.  I try to fight them whenever I'm in the mood to learn how to fight my plane and how to fight clean.  The fun for me is the challenge of trying get on the others guys six for the kill shot.  To me nothing is better than to experience a cockpit to cockpit rolling scissors at least once in the fight.  I've been flying the F4U1A for about the last 6 months as my main ride. 

:salute

Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »
I disagree withg the premise that people need to do only one thing, ride in only one machine.  There are some people who play this game that use one ride and thats all they do.

They become so good in that one ride, with the same two or three proven strong moves over and over again that they actually become a sort of drag to deal with.  Also, they develop attitudes of cartoon superiority that are unhealthy for the game overall.

Some people need to expand their repertoire a bit to keep things interesting for themsleves and everyone else, to keep things in perspective, fresh, challenging.

One trick ponies do become a bit of a bore after ten years, don't they?

I think the part of the game that is boring is running up against a player such as yourself that has absolutely no interest in fighting and runs.  Just like you did against me in the P-39 the other day in the MW arena.  You had altitude and energy advantage and all you would do is run to your base and when I got involved in another fight, you climbed up for some altitude and came back to try and cherry pick, only to end up having your wing removed.

So tell me, what is more boring?  The player that flies one plane or the timid player that doesn't like to fight?

Those that think that there is something wrong with dedicating oneself to flying one plane are the ones with the problem.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Or learn hwo to do both =) bnz and tnb, and use it for the right situation!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2009, 12:54:53 PM »
spit9 & Fw-190a5 (I seem to fly the same things in LW as I do in MW) BnZ Loyalist  (okay, so I get the Spit8 when I want to turn-fight, shoot me already).

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »

So tell me, what is more boring?  The player that flies one plane or the timid player that doesn't like to fight?

Those that think that there is something wrong with dedicating oneself to flying one plane are the ones with the problem.

ack-ack
That was a sweet shot akak.  I really didnt think you would pull in tight enough while nosing down and inside like that but just before the rounds landed I lost sight of you in the corner of the view and I thought to myself....that bastard is gonna nail me.  Sure enough, one short sweet burst.

I hope that your return to the game finds you in better spirits than when you left.  You were constantly complaining and belittling other players (yeah, myself included) for not playing the game up to your standards. 

Welcome back and Good luck <S>!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 01:52:56 PM »

...................become a bit of a bore after ten years, don't they?

I think that's up for the individual to decide for themselves, don't you?

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »
I think that's up for the individual to decide for themselves, don't you?
decide what? whether they themselves agree with my opinion or not?  Sure.  Why wouldn't they decide for themselves?  Perhaps I do not understand your premise....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »
decide what? whether they themselves agree with my opinion or not?  Sure.  Why wouldn't they decide for themselves?  Perhaps I do not unbderstand your premise....

Shouldn't each person decide if they are bored or not?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »
I've chose the FW-190 since like AW1 days, no way anyoen going to make me change my mind=)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2009, 02:15:31 PM »
Certainly.  I think its more of an awareness of boredom that comes to a player rather than a decision that is reached at some conclusion.  But each individual is unique.  Perhaps the awareness is merely the first step that leads to a decision that allows one to conclude they are bored..... hasn't happened to you yet?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:17:37 PM by Yeager »

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

I'll tell ya whats boring! It's logging in and seeing 3 large HORDE dars, 1 nit, 1 rook, 1 bish each flooding an enemy base and the balance of the map void except for the occasional tool shedder! <---Now that's boring!