Author Topic: Do you fly one country only?  (Read 2191 times)

Offline froger

• Silver Member
Re: Do you fly one country only?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 02:49:35 AM »
always flown bish and have always been DFA
   squad rules to fly only bish but i must admit i would like to run a muck on the other country's just to see how the other two thirds live...

froger
frogs are people too

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2009, 02:55:23 AM »
started as a Knight and flew for about 5 years as a Knight. This year we started goin to low numbers, but have been bish for most of time, normally lowest numbers. Its more fun, flyin with guys you normally fight and vice versa
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2009, 04:23:05 AM »
Flew knights for a week when i first started not much help there and they where not very helpful. So i went to bish alot of help, missions and over all a good time been there ever since.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2009, 04:36:32 AM »
The Few
The Partless
The Knights
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:55:53 AM by usvi »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2009, 05:20:32 AM »
 :D ROOKS  :rock

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2009, 05:58:40 AM »
when I first logged on and saw the three different countries, I changed to "Knights" as I prefer the name and Icon..Immediately I saw this as my allegiance to one side, similar to supporting a football/soccer team. I have stayed Knights ever since,

The only place I swap sides, is in the DA to balance teams,
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 06:23:19 AM »
I joined the game, I was Bishop.  My squad stays Bishop.

In the last 12 months we moved to Rook's once....... For an hour.

Kazaa............  You make an empty attempt.  Nothing to do with a board game, nor the characters in it.  Aside from the squad's General Order's........ My loyalty is with the other squads that I regularly get the honor of flying with.  Punk... :D
:huh

You get really confusing sometimes.  :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2009, 07:16:20 AM »
Late War I always flew knight. Had no interest nor incentive to switch.
Although I had no problem with those who rotated on a regular basis.

Then I started flying Midwar.
With smaller numbers, more and more often I'd log on to find 12 - 15 knights, 3-6 bish and rooks.
So I started switching to the lowest country. Got tired of fighting the ENY, got tired of the endless land grab, roll the map, reset, do it again.

I have to admit, the more I do so, the less loyalty I have to any one chess piece.

Also the more I see how certain squadrons and groups of players are stuck in a single mindset.
Like they are at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and they can't even imagine what the view would be like from the Rim. Once you get up out of that hole, that loyalty, that mindset. You start realizing that anything is possible, that the options are near endless. That there are many different styles of game play, and they are all valid until they are taken to the extreme.

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2009, 07:38:42 AM »
Yes, I play only Rook... Which, 99% of the time, means
low numbers... Defending bases when outnumbered,
(sometimes 10vs1) gets old very quickly...

I'm a USMC vet...  Switching sides is virtually unthinkable
for me... Just the nature of the beast!

So, due to getting gangbanged constantly, I don't play
as much as I used to... Oh well!!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »
just like that!

Very bad for the game

What?   :huh

Putting a complete spanner straight  :rolleyes: 

Clarifying in this instance.  You initiated this on page 2 which if we are to believe your rhetoric is not only ironic but hypocritical.  My replies to you here are similar and supportive of what I said, to quote "1) I don't initiate crap on 200."   but by the psychic powers invested in me before you go  and  choose to ignore or side step this very point.  Perhaps you'd care to stick with the topic at hand instead of beating yourself up with your double standards. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:21:15 AM by LYNX »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2009, 08:10:50 AM »
first login on my 2 week trial and I was put in Knits. joined 71sqn a few weeks later so have never flown another country. apart from the server crash a week or so back - got dumped into bish for some reason :uhoh thought I'd fly a couple of sorties for novelty value so said hi on country and ... was completely ignored, so switched back to Knits straight away :(

as for the differences, the only thing I can say for sure is that Knits run less posted missions than the other 2 sides, and Rooks really do fly higher than the others. very rarely see Knits or Bish arriving at a fight with 20k+ under em ...

edit: I'll be happy to switch and fly with BOSS when the Beau arrives though ;)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2009, 08:31:03 AM »

as for the differences, the only thing I can say for sure is that Knits run less posted missions than the other 2 sides, and Rooks really do fly higher than the others. very rarely see Knits or Bish arriving at a fight with 20k+ under em ...

FLy rook for some time before making such statements. You will  be surprised how often you will see knights above you at 20 k too ;)

One thing that bugs me about the knights is that there're a lot of insanely paranoid people and armchair generals on that country. I don't know if this is normal throughout other countries, as it's been so long since I've switched, but it seems that there's almost always someone complaining about spies, cheating, how the knights never work together, how

..atleast once a month a knight comes in here on the BBS and claims their CVs aren't as strong, ack not as accurate, or their planes get knocked down easier. Why that is? I have no idea. It doesn't happen on the bishop side but once in a blue moon.

And that's exactly the stuff that did drive me away from Knights back in the day when I was flying for one country only. Every chesspiece has it's lil generals and crybabies, but the amount of paranoia spewed by a reletively large group of "vets" was getting beyond all limits  :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2009, 08:49:54 AM »
yeah there are a small bunch of us Knits prepared to play alt-tennis with the Rooks. Doesnt bother me too much - it got me flying the XIV regularly ;)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2009, 08:52:35 AM »
I'm Bish, and I always will be Bish.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »
Only Bish since I started last year, quite happy there, I like the people. If I did change, it would be to the Nits, but would never go Rook....
Game ID: Blimey