Author Topic: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?  (Read 1806 times)

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
Re: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:06 AM »
I took a 4 year break, called HTC and asked if my name was still available. They said yes, I signed up later that day. If someone else had it, I would have simply used another name. No big deal it's just a game.

Offline gunnyman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 10:22:03 AM »
When I deployed to Iraq I called and spoke to HT and they were kind enough to hold my profile. No issues. The hold was not open ended or anything. I had a date that I would return. It is amazing what actually happens when you call real people and speak to them on the phone and explain your unique situation. What a novel concept. A heartless money grubbing company....I think not.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 11:11:59 AM »
No offense, but apples and oranges...  Long-time customer/short-time customer...  Health issues/Lack of enjoyment.
Yeah, I hear ya,
It wasn't a big deal, I'm just hoping my in game name is still available when I come back.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »
When I deployed to Iraq I called and spoke to HT and they were kind enough to hold my profile. No issues. The hold was not open ended or anything. I had a date that I would return. It is amazing what actually happens when you call real people and speak to them on the phone and explain your unique situation. What a novel concept. A heartless money grubbing company....I think not.

:aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
What Tr1gg and Vudak said. HTC customer service is 2nd to none.

If they can’t, or choose not to hold a call sign, such is life. They certainly have the prerogative to keep or not to keep call signs for long time or short time customers should they choose to. If you want to toss the baby out with the bath water that will be your mistake.

Hope your health improves.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 08:51:16 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya,
It wasn't a big deal, I'm just hoping my in game name is still available when I come back.

Why not come back now?  If you can't find a trainer, just ask a vet to take you into the DA/TA.  If you notice, these forums are normally full of complaints about how "the game isn't fun anymore," because "no one knows how to fight."  Most of those complaining would fall over themselves to help bring you to competency.  You are the future, after all.

Come back, tune 200, get called a name, and then ask the person who called you that to show you a better way.  Be polite, and most will go.  I'll bet in 1/2 an hour you'll go from thinking the guy was a loud-mouthed jerk to thinking he's an alright person, too.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 09:03:06 PM »
Actually, Gorf is right.
I was floundering around in this game, frustrated, not being to get online at regular times, not being able to hook up with trainers etc, so I decided to cancel my account for awhile and concentrate on learning every aspect of this game offline until I was able to find the time to  make it worth even the small sum of 15 bucks a month.
I called and asked if my account could be suspended for a month or 2 and was told my only option was to just  cancel.
:salute I too have had alot of frustration and quit numberous times until I end up coming back(at least 6 times) :lol And have never failed to get my Cpid back. No matter how foolish the reason HTC has always been polite and helped me out.
Lighten up Francis

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 09:26:43 PM »
Why not come back now?  If you can't find a trainer, just ask a vet to take you into the DA/TA.  If you notice, these forums are normally full of complaints about how "the game isn't fun anymore," because "no one knows how to fight."  Most of those complaining would fall over themselves to help bring you to competency.  You are the future, after all.

Come back, tune 200, get called a name, and then ask the person who called you that to show you a better way.  Be polite, and most will go.  I'll bet in 1/2 an hour you'll go from thinking the guy was a loud-mouthed jerk to thinking he's an alright person, too.

It was my own lack of time that prevented me from getting help with trainers and what not, once things slow down for me on the work/home front I'll be back.
You can count on it!!

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 10:27:26 PM »
:salute I too have had alot of frustration and quit numberous times until I end up coming back(at least 6 times) :lol And have never failed to get my Cpid back. No matter how foolish the reason HTC has always been polite and helped me out.

Only coz nobody wanted that name !!!!<G>

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 11:53:18 PM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:52:23 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 12:30:12 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:52:58 AM by Skuzzy »

~AoM~

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2009, 08:26:04 AM »
Did anyone ever consider, that with the new name change utility in the Oclub that lets you change your name online, that HTC can NOT suspend an acct without fouling up the works?

Not to mention if they do it for one, and not for another all the favoritism comments, etc.

If you actually have a problem that they can solve, their customer service is second to none.
It just seems to me that you were asking for something they can't do.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2009, 09:44:03 AM »
another  +1   for the "give them a call" option.  A quick conversation with them will probably go much further than you think. :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »
Did anyone ever consider, that with the new name change utility in the Oclub that lets you change your name online, that HTC can NOT suspend an acct without fouling up the works?

Not to mention if they do it for one, and not for another all the favoritism comments, etc.

If you actually have a problem that they can solve, their customer service is second to none.
It just seems to me that you were asking for something they can't do.

People can still pay by check...

Polite people who can keep secrets get far in life :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group