Author Topic: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: WHy can't HiTEch hold our profile if you have to stop payment?
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 02:26:25 PM »
i have lots of perks, fighter and bomber. :D

no point in me using them i am just as rubbish in a perk plane :x
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2009, 03:18:42 AM »
What Tr1gg and Vudak said. HTC customer service is 2nd to none.

If they can’t, or choose not to hold a call sign, such is life. They certainly have the prerogative to keep or not to keep call signs for long time or short time customers should they choose to. If you want to toss the baby out with the bath water that will be your mistake.

Hope your health improves.

But am curious as to why past historical data goes with it.  Not sure how it all works, but why does past stats and squad affiliations for each tour get taken with it.  I would think that tour stats wouldn't be tied into the "open" database and be adjusted along with it.  When someone leaves, account deleted or squad affiliation changes, their past historical data changes with it.  Until recently, I always figuired that past tour stuff was just a final snapshot of that tour and not tied into the active database.
AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:21 PM »
Its not hard to keep account info after the account has expired and in the cancel section just put an option to keep the account info if you are leaving for a short period of time.  Purge the accounts after a year of inactivity and thats that.

Of course the name and perk points are not really an issue since you can earn them, and unlike other MMOs, its not like your character is semi-unique and you spend weeks, months or years (in the case of eve for example) skilling, collecting, gathering, training.  In AHII you still get to fly the same planes, dl the same skins and sounds and so on - so in the end, its just not really a big deal to keep all that info.

the argument goes both ways - keeping the acct. info is practically free (the community is jsut not large enough) but at the same time, there is practically nothing lost in losing your acct either.  Now if this game were more MMOish. . . then I could understand being more upset, but its not.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2009, 05:48:46 PM »
Its punishment,............obviously it would be easy to hold your creditcard #, and simply let you log back in.
But the crew are lonely, and desperatly need SOMONE to talk to on the phone...

Naaaah, its punishment, you should have spent your dough on aceshigh instead of that shiny new drumset thats in my garage!!!! oh sry... :x
Spell checker is for Morrons