Author Topic: Gaming the game  (Read 3732 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Gaming the game
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »
Elevator trim is an unfair advantage?

If you don't know to use it is. I'm not online anymore so I was only able to do some offline testing. I've flown in this game for a long time and know what things look and feel like.  I set the K key to my stick and I can tell you this, it made a big difference, especially in the 38,... which I never flew well in anyway.

If I knew about it I would have used it and I would be fighting to keep it too I suppose. Realistically though, did WWll pilots really use it for what it's used here in this game?

I'd like to give it another shot...maybe next year when and if I return.
Using that key does give advantages.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
Another Game The Game cheat is how you can move your sight around to take shots. Most guys with the trackIR can figure it out but Adonia had it down pat. I'm not so sure he had trackIR though. When watching the films you'll need to view in "use recorded views"

You'll notice how he is able to move in circles  around his plane. Most of his shots are taken out of plane too...er head out the window anyway  hehe.

http://download112.mediafire.com/zw2lnnajzddg/21j42zogd2a/film2.ahf

EDITED IN:The text Buffer is hilarious too

Head position in films does not necessarily reflect the head position f the filmer as the head positions, as far as where the head is saved, is saved on the viewers computer.

For example, I can use F10 to save head positions while watching a film and if the head position is different in the film it may appear outside the cockpit or down in the dash, etc.

You know the Mark Twain quote about keeping your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about T00L?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 02:08:52 PM »
did WWll pilots really use it for what it's used here in this game?

Do you think WWII polits had "Combat Trim"

You know the Mark Twain quote about keeping your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about T00L?

:rofl

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 02:17:26 PM »
Another Game The Game cheat is how you can move your sight around to take shots. Most guys with the trackIR can figure it out but Adonia had it down pat. I'm not so sure he had trackIR though. When watching the films you'll need to view in "use recorded views"

You'll notice how he is able to move in circles  around his plane. Most of his shots are taken out of plane too...er head out the window anyway  hehe.

The film viewer only records inputs, not what actually happens in the game. So when Adonai shifted his head view up and in game it was stopped, he was still shifting it up (for whatever reason, probably out of reflex or something) but it couldn't move out any farther in game because... well, you can't, the game stops you to simulate what is possible with head movement. The film viewer does NOT do this however, because.... it makes it more convenient for viewing films... there's no point in it. So it seems like he's shifting his head out, as that's how it looks on the viewer, but he's actually not. Furthermore, he can't be using TIR because, as mentioned earlier, the Film Viewer only uses the inputs that can be mapped to a keyboard/hat switch for recorded views.

And, again, there's no gamey advantage to TIR, which was explained to you in the last thread you brought it up in but you ignored.

And trim doesn't give any unfair advantage, either, any advantage you gain is placebo.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 03:10:09 PM »
Elevator trim is an unfair advantage?

If you don't know to use it is.

With that definition, disabling stall limiter is gaining an unfair advantage too, as well as setting up your views and saving them with F10 to get a better view on your six.

Under normal flight conditions, using manual trim doesn't give you and advantage. It's getting important for example when controls are getting stiff in a 109. But that's what the trim is for, it's not an "unfair advantage"
Two Spits turning at 200mph, 50%fuel and coalt will have the same minimum turn radius, even if one is using manual and one is using combat trim.

Head position in films does not necessarily reflect the head position f the filmer as the head positions, as far as where the head is saved, is saved on the viewers computer.

Exactly. It's YOUR head position, not the guys one that recorded the movie.

Another Game The Game cheat is how you can move your sight around to take shots. Most guys with the trackIR can figure it out but Adonia had it down pat. I'm not so sure he had trackIR though.

You still don't have a TrackIr I guess?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 03:13:32 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 03:20:26 PM »

That's just the film viewer A8Tool.  Granted he is shifting his view from side to side to see better but for whatever reason sometimes the film viewer records those view shifts as out of the plane.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 03:25:57 PM »

And, again, there's no gamey advantage to TIR, which was explained to you in the last thread you brought it up in but you ignored.

And trim doesn't give any unfair advantage, either, any advantage you gain is placebo.

The last time I brought this up people wanted the film I viewed on youtube or where ever it was that I seen months prior to making that post. I could not find it again but it clearly showed how someone was able to hack TIR for this game. I also knew i had a few of adonias films somewhere but could not find them either. There were about 5 of them, this is the only one I could find and was found by mistake just today...I did not make it up.  Theres another missing one that even more clearly shows what you can do in respect to views but again is gone,.. they were old films and i'm just not sure what happened to them.

I kind of remember seeing this film slightly differently come to think of it. It's possible the viewer has changed since early 2008. Either way, the films I watched showed the sight moving about the cockpit and out of the window.  Well not exactly the actual sight out of the window but the view. Adonia himself said he used to put marks on his screen to use as a sight and he's not the first to do that. The film clearly shows his head leaving the cockpit and circling around it many times.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to prove what i seen and believe to be true. If I could find just one other person, I might not look like such a crazy liar....that is what your all calling me isn't it.

I realize the sight SHOULD only be able to move in the constraints of the cockpit window as the creators made it but it's a computer game, and like many, has holes.

People will do anything to game the game and using the K key to fly with is also part of gaming the game.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »
LOL.  The K key doesn't do anything to make you fly better, yes, even in the 38.  Having the K key held down is more of a hindrance.  Please hitech come and smack this guy down.

inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »
I realize the sight SHOULD only be able to move in the constraints of the cockpit window as the creators made it but it's a computer game, and like many, has holes.
No, it doesn't have 'holes', only the film viewer does. It's always worked this way. You can't do it in game. The film viewer doesn't record what is happening in game, it only interprets the inputs. This is why it's such a useful tool.

You can't shift your head outside of the cockpit except for on some of the very old models that need  updated (like the rear seat of the 110), and even then it's only like an inch or so. Not on the 109 or whatever adonai was flying. It's a film viewer thing.

You don't gain any advantage by using TIR. In fact, with TIR you lose the ability to use the 'mouse hold' or 'put marks on your screen' trick.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to prove what i seen and believe to be true. If I could find just one other person, I might not look like such a crazy liar....that is what your all calling me isn't it.
Whether you're lying or misinterpreting what you saw doesn't matter, you're spreading false rumors and people will debunk them to stop other people from falling for them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 03:34:36 PM by Motherland »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 03:42:04 PM »

Exactly. It's YOUR head position, not the guys one that recorded the movie.

You still don't have a TrackIr I guess?

I didn't make the film, adonia did and no, ...I don't have trackIR but would be nice. :aok

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humm, found that post of me complaining (in a way) about trackIR. I wish I had it but my end point was.. It could be hacked.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,262765.msg3267048.html#msg3267048

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »
Tool, its good that your taking a break. It seems you have some real pent up anger. I think there have been a number of very good explanation as to why it "looks" like the players head moves outside the plane, while in the game it DOES NOT do so. Your refusing to believe this and pushing other falsehoods will do nothing more than get you in trouble.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
Game the game= Anything to do with bombing and bailing to gain something, from perks to feilds captures.  Disabling enemy skins so the default tank colors show up.  Turning your tank diagonal to add in more equations to the damage model.  Using the invisible solid objects to glitch inside and out of when you spawn.

Just a few off the top of my head.   
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:05:03 PM by Belial »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 05:07:55 PM »
Turning your tank diagonal to add in more equations to the damage model. 

A real world tactic = gaming the game ?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 05:12:29 PM »
I always wondered why there was a option to get a capture in attack mode. The only way to get a capture in attack mode is to drop troops, end sortie and then sit on the runway in a plane thats set in attack mode until you get a capture mesg.

The capture will go to your squad and not you yourself and can increase overall squad rank dramatically. What was the reason for putting that in?

Another thing I just found out is that some of the best sticks in the game use the MAGIC K KEY to turn faster and tighter than anyone else plus helps you avoid auguring into the ground at high speed due to compression. Seems the K key over rules why we have compression in the first place.

Although I wish I knew about it before I left the game and probably would have used it, I think it should be disabled. It's an unfair, game the game type advantage for those who know how to use it.

isn't the k key the "up trim"?

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)