Author Topic: New perks to be implemented  (Read 2851 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
New perks to be implemented
« on: November 21, 2001, 08:02:00 PM »
The P-51D, the FW190D, and the LA7 should be perked, to a reasonable value of 10.

In addition, I think the ENY ratings of certain AC should be changed. The P-47D11, the Hurricanes for starters. I know this shouldnt be a real pressing issue, but could use some attention.

V/R
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2001, 08:31:00 PM »
Agreed, 100%.  Bf109-G10 as well, or everyone would jump to it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2001, 08:33:00 PM »
The P-51D, the FW190D, and the LA7 should be perked, to a reasonable value of 10.

Why these in particular? I notice the N1K2 and Spitfire MkIX, the usual two punching bags, aren't on the list.  I'm just curious about your reasons.

You also missed the Ki61-I-KAIc.  It also needs an ENY update (The N1K2 could use one as well).  ;)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
Perk EVERY plane with a cannon. Nothing with them should be allowed to fly. Why you ask??? Simple. I don';t like players who fly planes with cannons and think they should have to pay to fly the plane they like. That IS the purpose of the lead post on this thread isn't it?

Damnit just fly what you want and DON'T fediddleing worry about what anyone else flies for their $15.00 a month.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2001, 09:23:00 PM »
ignore.
ammo just wants an award.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2001, 09:47:00 PM »
Karnak, speaking from my LW-centric point of view, it isn't nescesary to perk the SpitIX or the N1K2 to open up the rest of the LW planeset to general use.  The planes that give the LW planes fits are the P-51D, the La7, the Yak-9U, the Dora, and the G10.  

You can fly anything but an 109F4 and be fast enough to outrun a Spit of N1K2 on the deck.  Surely this is the case with the U.S. planes as well.  You'd see more P38s, P47s, and P51B (mediocre plane, IMO) if the 109G10, Dora, La7, Yak-9, and P-51D were perked.  Oh yea, and the Tiffie to.  

I don't know if it would work though, because there would always be a "fastest" plane to jump into that could get away from all the other planes.  Just my thoughts on it, I don't know if Ammo was serious (or if this was his train of thought), or just trolling though.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin:
Agreed, 100%.  Bf109-G10 as well, or everyone would jump to it.

Good call, I cant believe I forgot that one.

karnak saidWhy these in particular? I notice the N1K2 and Spitfire MkIX, the usual two punching bags, aren't on the list. I'm just curious about your reasons.

You also missed the Ki61-I-KAIc. It also needs an ENY update (The N1K2 could use one as well).
The Spit and the N1K are NOT perk plane material IMO. They do not dictate the fight. The N1K could create an argument for perks, but in the real truth, it just isnt fast enough to be on the level of the other AC that urchin and I mentioned.  Folks get stuck in the furball mentality and end up losing to the spits, the N1k, etc.. and think they are uber. But all they really need to do is adjust there flying style, create good SA habits, and these low-wingloaded AC are no longer a big problem for them. RESIST the urge to turn :) Don't get me wrong, they are both fine AC, but easily defeated or avoided if you fly the fast AC to their strengths.

Agree completely on the ENY updates you mentioned.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2001, 09:56:00 PM »
PS..I am sincere in my suggestion.

Animal, go back to trolling at the local Jr High School for a date.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2001, 09:59:00 PM »
Not a bad idea. Too costly though.

P-51D : 4 perks
La7: 4 perks
190D9: 4 perks
Ta152: 20 perks
109g10:4 perks
F4U-4: 30 perks
(heck, it aint as if they dont have a variant that flies almost like they do).
Temp: 20 perks
Me262:100 perks
Arado:30 perks (kinda useless now anyway)

And some planes should have their perk winning ability increased. The Zeke, the 38L, the SpitV, the Hurricane, F4U-1a, ki61... all planes that are hard to compete with the late war planeset in the MA.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
I agree

p51d
109g10
fw190d9
la-7

should be perked atleast 10 but I would make them 8 perks to match the chog.

Karnak spits are easy kills because of the folks who fly them. The current spit planeset imho is as good as any if the right pilot is in it.

Some of my squaddies jumped in them and were surprised as to how easy it was to run up multiple kills and how survivable it is. That goes for an la7 and p47s.

Spits catch hell like the chog did or the niki cause you see so many more of them then anything else.

Theres certainly no need to perk it or the niki.

I at first really had no opinion about the chog being perked. Although I hated seeing so many of them but the chog was and is in a different catagory then the spit ix because it totally unbalanced the main with so many of them capared to their rl impact in ww2.
I think it turned out to be a good move by htc.

As we get more planes of the early-mid war type I would hope that the later planes would get a small perk price.

I pay 15 bucks too and will air my opinion.  :)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2001, 10:24:00 PM »
Tac my squaddies and I get an average of 8-12 perks per sortie.

We can and have gotten 50 perk sorties. With some regularity we get 20 or so per sortie.

4 perks is not enough. 8-10 are too little imho but i think its fair given the current perk prices.

My squaddie started this tour with under 200 perks he flies a 262 until he gets killed then it takes him no more then 2 days to have
enough perks to get another one.

The thing about flying planes with a lo eny value is you have a harder time gaining perks. Instead of complaining get in those planes with a higher eny value. You are limiting the number of perks you get on your own. It only takes 1 or 2 good sorties to afford a ta152 now.

Ammo is also correct that a lot of the planes should be reviewed and their eny value adjusted.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2001, 10:35:00 PM »
Perk everything after 1942.   :)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2001, 10:35:00 PM »
Translation of initial post:

"Whaaaaaa!  Mommy!!!!  The big bad Pee-51s and Laffer-7's and Dorka-Niners outrun MY favorite plane!!!  Waaaaaaaa!   Take the big meenie fast planes away!!!  I want I want to be able to run away in MY plane!   Waaaahhhaaaaaa!"

Value of post = $.01     Intelligenze Quotient of post = -03   Whine value = off the scale

NEXT!

J_A_B

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »
I didnt whine.

I am 34-8 against the P-51

I am 28-9 against the LA-7

I am 6-2 against the Dora

I am 11-2 against the G10

I think the perk system hads merit, if it is used consistently, and fairly. I am only offering a suggestion that I think is good.

You are the one with the loud mouth. Contribute something useful, or shutup.

Next usefull thought please.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
What are perks for?

I thought they were for controlling rare planes, not for adjusting their arena appearance?

However, over and above that, having a free basic model, and a *very cheap* perked "hot" model of each ride would give newbies and the "ACM challenged" (ok, I mean buff drivers) a sense of achievement.

Is there some way of finding out how many perks per sortie the bottom 25% score on average? Could that be a guide line for cheap perk rides?