Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 20748 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #525 on: August 22, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »
I know it's been asked for before but I think it is time to add contrails to the bomber formations, this would also give everyone an idea of what's going on up above the clouds.

That would be some nice eye-candy.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #526 on: August 22, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »
Uh, no I don't.  Perhaps there IS an attempt at grabbing the base or soon will be.  Furballers for the most part don't seem to be able to process more information than what it takes to shoot at the plane in front of them.

I still think furballers belong in the DA.
LOL  what  is more information overload.

A. noe...drop town... drop troops
B. 20+ plane furball

Hmmm... decisions....decisions
See Rule #4

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #527 on: August 22, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »
[taunt]

The decision is easy bring it to 20k feet! Let's rumble!   :t

or is everyone of you OP monkeys a big 'ol  :cry

Just kidding but seriously a fly on the wall as told me about a large bomber mission tonight, look to the stars in fear for the 91st is inbound with eggs (no (pun intended thndregg) and when people look back on this night you will tell them "no that is not a falling star, it's an OP monkey falling in a ball of flame!".

[/taunt]

:noid
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:36:07 AM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #528 on: August 22, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »
Uh, no I don't.  Perhaps there IS an attempt at grabbing the base or soon will be.  Furballers for the most part don't seem to be able to process more information than what it takes to shoot at the plane in front of them.

I still think furballers belong in the DA.

first off........

furballers need to process a LOT of info.

what's the guy in front going to do? what can my plane do better than his? what's above, behind, below me? how fast am i going? how much alt do i have if i stall? there's more.

secondly. some of us do other things besides furball too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #529 on: August 22, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »
I've tried to furball, I'm to lethargic for that style of game play.. my eyes see the con then it takes a few seconds for my brain to say "pull trigger" the odd thing is that my brain can say "whooops" while flailing my arms with no delay...uhm.. :lol

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #530 on: August 22, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
  Furballers for the most part don't seem to be able to process more information than what it takes to shoot at the plane in front of them.

Good furballers, to be one you must have very good SA, are processing E-states of many planes(foe and friend), arrivals, departures,  plane capabilities, pilot tendencies, angles, etc etc.; all the while trying to stay alive, keep their plane flying, and perhaps get a gun solution now and then. This process is constantly running, as it is very dynamic, changing fluidly and endlessly in a furball.   
A stick who is unable to process more information than what it takes to shoot a plane in front of him isn't a furballer, he's a target.

Either you have no idea what goes through a good furballers mind or you are trolling.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:11:21 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #531 on: August 22, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »
The amount of information that needs or get's processed is inherent to the mission that a person has chosen to fly.  If you think a particular mission lacks in skill and uberness then don't fly that mission, don't smack talk or knowingly ruin someones fun because you have a god complex.  Which brings us back to the original point of this thread, everyone should show enough respect to honor peoples wishes, most do but there are those that are hell bent on degrading peoples fun factor just to degrade it.

I wish there was an internet gnome that could travel from PC to PC to punish those who are purposely degrading other peoples fun factor just because they can't be throttled by the people they are online with.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #533 on: August 22, 2009, 01:09:47 PM »
No if we could just have that as a pop in game for those that are being tools for the sake of being tools.. No offense A8tool  :aok

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #534 on: August 23, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Good furballers, to be one you must have very good SA, are processing E-states of many planes(foe and friend), arrivals, departures,  plane capabilities, pilot tendencies, angles, etc etc.; all the while trying to stay alive, keep their plane flying, and perhaps get a gun solution now and then. This process is constantly running, as it is very dynamic, changing fluidly and endlessly in a furball.   
A stick who is unable to process more information than what it takes to shoot a plane in front of him isn't a furballer, he's a target.

Good friggin post Steve.   :aok
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #535 on: August 23, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »
Previously chewed gum anyone?
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #536 on: August 23, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »
I'm "pretty sure".  Classic example to prove my point would be right after a base capture.  How many furballers will stick around to defend it until the town starts repopping?  It's of no interest to them.  They'll just fly off to the next furball.

Absolutly correct ... now why don't you and your "sneaky" leet base takers stick around and defend what you just took ? ... or does that not interest you "sneaky" leet base takers ? ... or are you "sneaky" leet base takers above such a task ? ... I would guess that latter, after all you are "sneaky" leet ... :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #537 on: August 23, 2009, 09:50:44 AM »
Absolutly correct ... now why don't you and your "sneaky" leet base takers stick around and defend what you just took ? ... or does that not interest you "sneaky" leet base takers ? ... or are you "sneaky" leet base takers above such a task ? ... I would guess that latter, after all you are "sneaky" leet ..

That would require a plan that covers both before and after action... The L33T base rapers seldom have a plan that extends further than the base take. Some do though, When I flew with the C-hawks we would grab a base and defend it with everything that we had or if we wanted a more forward strike base we would steamroll a few bases to give us an advantage in map position so our crew could roll without having to fly to terribly far.

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #538 on: August 23, 2009, 03:29:06 PM »
Absolutly correct ... now why don't you and your "sneaky" leet base takers stick around and defend what you just took ? ... or does that not interest you "sneaky" leet base takers ? ... or are you "sneaky" leet base takers above such a task ? ... I would guess that latter, after all you are "sneaky" leet ... :rolleyes:

OH, believe me, the "sneaky" leet base takers DO stick around to defend.  And it's usually tough going for them since the horde of "I am GOD" furballers bail to the next furball as soon as there's nothing left to shoot at.
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #539 on: August 23, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »

All the while ignoring the pleas for help with enemy gvs laying your town to waste, or taking the time to shoot down the last 2 or three buildings so troops in town could be let out, or dragging bogies low over town while troops are trying to get in.

Shoot down a couple buildings, helping with gvs?  Heh, there's no skill in that.  Let the dweebs do it, I'm gonna stay over the field so I can start vulching as soon as the hangers repop.
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...