Author Topic: SCRAP ENY ONCE AND FOR ALL  (Read 5650 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: SCRAP ENY ONCE AND FOR ALL
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »
Yes i have heard all of the arguments throughout the several years i have been playing, and the just switch sides argument posted by hitec and numerous individuals has one major flaw! when you log back on to your country some one will eventually say....."didn't i just shoot you down?!" or visa verse.
 This wouldn't be a problem except for the few people who find it funny to spy and ruin that portion of the game. so good luck with the eny incentive

The only flaw I see is anyone taking this so serious as to worry about spies.

Having switched often, I have yet to have anyone get worked up about it whether they shot me down or vice versa.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »
I logged into EW the other day (early) and found my normal Rook side had 8, bish 1, and nit 1.  Nobody attacking nit so I switched bish to find a fight.  Second kill I made was my squaddie.  :devil

We had a good laugh, cuz it's just a game.  I switch not because eny won't let me up an uber ride...I like the fights, not the easy base captures.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »
Getback if you only not switch when the other side has the numbers advantage, how do you find yourself stuck with 15+ ENY?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2009, 12:43:29 PM »
FW 190A-5 ENY 25 Highest K/D Ratio in Tour 115 2.62

It Turns, It Burns, It throws 20MM.

Nuff Said
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »
I agrre with the guys who hate ENY. Ya ll should quit the game, that will show HiTech who is boss, plus if enough of you leave, it will lower ENY. Good luck fellas
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2009, 01:24:59 PM »
I agrre with the guys who hate ENY. Ya ll should quit the game, that will show HiTech who is boss, plus if enough of you leave, it will lower ENY. Good luck fellas
ROFLMAO!!!  :rofl
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2009, 02:18:42 PM »
Getback if you only not switch when the other side has the numbers advantage, how do you find yourself stuck with 15+ ENY?

Dang it, you caught me! I went back and corrected what I said after thinking it through.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2009, 03:25:51 PM »

Having switched often, I have yet to have anyone get worked up about it whether they shot me down or vice versa.
Yes, but everyone likes you. I switched to Bishops once in order to fly DDGhost and some of his buddies. The chewing out I got over 200 and PMs from some patriotic Rooks was more scathing than that glance you get from the popular girl that says, "You are lucky I even look in your general direction," to say the least.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

Everyone knows your a spy guppy. No sense making the announcement on country channel
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2009, 05:23:32 AM »
That's not true:

No, it is indeed true.  You are being extremely disingenuous here.   Who wants to be limited to using the very worst planes and vehicles in the game?

In any event, the issue was enough to help destroy the squad that I used to fly with, and ( combined with headaches with the new release of the game ) convince the entire leadership to switch to Battleground Europe.   So now I find myself without a squad to fly with.

And to be honest, I don't know another Knights Squad that I am all that impressed with. 

So I have quite a predicament now.   My main enjoyment of playing the game was being part of a well organized team.   And I no longer have that.

It has been a very discouraging experience.

--

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2009, 05:55:01 AM »

No, it is indeed true.  You are being extremely disingenuous here.   Who wants to be limited to using the very worst planes and vehicles in the game?

In any event, the issue was enough to help destroy the squad that I used to fly with, and ( combined with headaches with the new release of the game ) convince the entire leadership to switch to Battleground Europe.   So now I find myself without a squad to fly with.

And to be honest, I don't know another Knights Squad that I am all that impressed with. 

So I have quite a predicament now.   My main enjoyment of playing the game was being part of a well organized team.   And I no longer have that.

It has been a very discouraging experience.

--

Your squad left because of Eny?  Wow.  Even if they were committed to knights, usually if knights have a numbers advantage in one arena, they are the underdog in the other arena.  Why not just switch to Blue?  Too many lepers in there?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2009, 07:31:44 AM »

So says teh uber spiezez haxxor    :furious

:P
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2009, 07:55:42 AM »

Your being extremely myopic here ... it's all about YOU ... who wants to be ganged by your country that has 3 or 4 times the number of people in my country ... and you all are flying the 5 ENY planes.

I guess you weren't around in the days before ENY. The scenario that I described above was an every day reality just before ENY came into effect. It sucked, day after day, and was worse than any ENY restriction that you may have to endure in 1 night or 1 hour. People were logging off in droves and subscriptions were being lost ... which prompted HTC to come up with ENY. ENY was born from a huge thread discussion with HTC and the players and it was a player's idea.

Grow a set a learn to fly the high ENY planes if you must/have to fly with the country that has the most lopsided members.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2009, 08:00:59 AM »
Your being extremely myopic here ... it's all about YOU ... who wants to be ganged by your country that has 3 or 4 times the number of people in my country ... and you all are flying the 5 ENY planes.

I guess you weren't around in the days before ENY. The scenario that I described above was an every day reality just before ENY came into effect. It sucked, day after day, and was worse than any ENY restriction that you may have to endure in 1 night or 1 hour. People were logging off in droves and subscriptions were being lost ... which prompted HTC to come up with ENY. ENY was born from a huge thread discussion with HTC and the players and it was a player's idea.

Grow a set a learn to fly the high ENY planes if you must/have to fly with the country that has the most lopsided members.

Sounds like it's working....   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2009, 09:25:28 AM »

None of you guys have even bothered to listen to anything that I have said in this thread.   I've lost the friends that I used to play the game with.   The squad that I was in, the Screaming Devils and its sister squad, the Hades Angels, are no more.  They are Kaput! Finished!  Extinct!

One of their biggest beefs with the game was with ENY.   But it was the latest release of the game that was the straw that broke the camel's back, and caused them to leave and go try another game.

Anyway, now that I lost the people that I enjoyed playing with, the game really has lost its attraction for me.  As I said earlier, I am going to devote more time to my other hobbies, and give up gaming entirely.   It is just not fun for me anymore.

I closed my account a few minutes ago.

--