Author Topic: Give the people what they want!!  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: Give the people what they want!!
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 12:47:13 PM »
Boston III's were American A-20's sold to Britain.

And the idiots replaced the .50's with 303's :huh?
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »
And the idiots replaced the .50's with 303's :huh?
The 4 .303s were considered sufficient early on, and they are lighter with fewer guns, making them feel more like an underpowered P-38.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2009, 06:18:37 PM »
The 4 .303s were considered sufficient early on, and they are lighter with fewer guns, making them feel more like an underpowered P-38.

I can understand that, but wasn't the A20G a midwar plane? If it was, then I woulndn't concider 4 303's "sufficient"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
I can understand that, but wasn't the A20G a midwar plane? If it was, then I woulndn't concider 4 303's "sufficient"
The Boston Mk III is not an A-20G.  Remember, France ordered them so they are most definitely not a mid-war aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »
Also, if the 2 7.7mm MGs in the 109s are able to take off wings, why shouldn't 4 .303s? They are both deadly.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2009, 06:50:44 PM »
They would be sufficient in a fighter. Not in a light bomber. They would be a deterance to head-on's but wouldn't give any real stopping power in the brief time you have to find your opponet, swing the nose over to him, and aim, before he shoots you up (or down, depending), and zooms above you for another pass. I admit you can make a luck shot (or a great one, again, depending) and damage their engine, or kill the pilot, or something that will kill them, given enough time; But it takes a while to shoot them up enough for them to explode like you get with larger caliber cannons in one shot, or after a while like with the .50's and smaller cannons.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »
Just 2 make every 1 happy around here i think that they should give every1 at least 2 planes and vehicles of every category...

this is just my opinion but these are the vehicles of my choice. 1st off, im a avid bomber pilot im sugesting these planes 4 big boom

#1 the big man bomber..the b-29 superfortress,He-111 or germanys biggest bomber the monster known as the fw-200....of course the b-29 will be a perk plane...the ceiling will be about 25k and down the load 2 about 19,000lbs

#2 OMG THE CV PLANES... i might not be the only 1 but our c.v plane selection is not somthing 2 throw a party over....these 3 planes im about 2 give u will change aces high naval combat forever...the ship sinker known as the SB2-C HELLDIVER which has sunk more jap ships than any other sea plane...Second the SB2-D DAUNTLESS....and since the graphics update its became harder to find carrier groups we definetly need some plane boats like like the P.B.Y CATILINA for c.v scouting that'll definetly fix it ...even thoe the helldiver will be a perked plane dew too its 2 20mm cannons and 2,500lbs bomb load, but i can deal with that!!!

#3 Our american selection of heavy tanks is far from making alot of people happy campers...lol get it campers!!! but i think these three medium and heavy tanks will do so....my first one like a million post i.ve read will be the almighty M-18 HELLCAT,THE M-26 PERSHING or the mighty M-36 JACKSON/SLUGGER

#4 im not a good fighter pilot so ill recemend  yall 2 make sugestions on fighter planes!!!!!

#5 i think they should make a night fighter/bomber category of planes in aces high... i've only been onboard the this wonderful game for 3 months but i've seen its potentail of being the best MMO IN THE WORLD WAR 2 AVIATION THANKS AND HAPPY POSTING

1SOLOWNG

TRIPLE A *V* DEVILS REJECTS
This is a joke right?  :huh
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
Sorry FYB, but it's not. Wish to god it was, but it's not.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 08:43:11 PM »
Sorry FYB, but it's not. Wish to god it was, but it's not.
Oh lord... May you have mercy on the felines who have done nothing wrong.  :pray

I can understand a new forum member posting something old, or maybe new. But with sufficient/accurate facts to back his idea up.

B-29 does not have a 25,000ft alt limit. The B-17 has an alt limit of 41,000ft. and the B-29 was to be twice as strong, faster, better armed/armored and climb out of reach of Axis fighter planes.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2009, 03:39:33 PM »
FYB, am I the only one that doesn't understand the use of the PBY as a scout aircraft? I could see it being used as a naval bomber, from costal bases (MIGHT not be affected by hangers being downed depending on the moddel we get), but I'm pretty sure a regular bomber could scout just as well, or maby better.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »
Well if  you want to go somewhat historical the PBY and other Seaplanes operate from bases that did not have an airstrip. So if you were able to somehow to model taking off and landing on water you could have them available only at Ports. That is their main difference.

Oh, and yes the B-24 was used for coastal and anti-submarine work.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »
Thought so. Thanks.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2009, 07:42:53 PM »
I want an invincible unicorn with wings that flies and shoots 25mm shells at 440s/m(shells per minute) from its horn in a straight line up to 4.5k and flies at 600mph cruise speed with unrealistic maneuverability. Oh, and I have to be the only person in the MAs who can fly it.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »
I want an invincible unicorn with wings that flies and shoots 25mm shells at 440s/m(shells per minute) from its horn in a straight line up to 4.5k and flies at 600mph cruise speed with unrealistic maneuverability. Oh, and I have to be the only person in the MAs who can fly it.
I choose!   :D

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »
Lol