Author Topic: Water sucks again...  (Read 2180 times)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Re: Water sucks again...
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 07:45:25 PM »
Yep...water sucked, then was ok, now sucks again. Can't tell if I'm 10k or just 10 foot above the water.

As I said in my earlier post and I guess I should say it again ....... since Im still confused what the problem is......

you state 'water sucked' (patch 6 and earlier)  then you state 'then was ok' (patch 7)  then you state 'now sucks again' (patch 8)..... the part thats conusing as to where your problem lies is that in patch 8 you have the option to use the water from patch 6 or patch 7........ your choice

If you dont like the water from patch 6 and earlier..... simply goto your graphics settings and change it to the patch 7 water
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »
As I said in my earlier post and I guess I should say it again ....... since Im still confused what the problem is......

you state 'water sucked' (patch 6 and earlier)  then you state 'then was ok' (patch 7)  then you state 'now sucks again' (patch 8)..... the part thats conusing as to where your problem lies is that in patch 8 you have the option to use the water from patch 6 or patch 7........ your choice

If you dont like the water from patch 6 and earlier..... simply goto your graphics settings and change it to the patch 7 water

Well then, I'm confused as well, as I don't see a setting for changing the water to some other version...the advanced graphic settings allow detailed water separately, but that's all i see.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »
I don't whine or cry.   I've also NEVER started a thread anywhere close to this.   Again shadesboi, lemme know if you wish to back up your mouth in the DA. 

Hmm...."Masherbrum" calling me a shade...now that's funny stuff right there...

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2009, 08:17:33 PM »
You're gaming the game with that crap and have the audacity to call out HTC and their "water sucking"?   

Does anyone NOT zoom when they are going for a kill?

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2009, 08:26:41 PM »
 :lol i have read through this thread, and i still for the life of me can not figure what possessed karaya to make such a sweetheart of himself.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2009, 08:34:20 PM »
the advanced graphic settings allow detailed water separately, but that's all i see.

BINGO

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »
BINGO

I'm having enough issues running this version as is, not sure i can realistically run the advanced water. But I didn't have to run the advanced water before, so what's up?

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2009, 09:16:21 PM »
Im using about as low as you can get as far as hardware goes....... and I take no hit at all with detailed water turned on...... no different than bump mapping

you didnt have to turn it on before because patch 7 made it the standard for everyone..... when they put out patch 8 they reverted the graphics changes from 7 due to some issues....... but they added the option for detailed water so you could still have that if you wanted it...... its an option

you cant really say the water sucks if you have the option to use the water you claim to like..... with no side effects other than solving your problem

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2009, 09:25:16 PM »
Im using about as low as you can get as far as hardware goes....... and I take no hit at all with detailed water turned on...... no different than bump mapping

you didnt have to turn it on before because patch 7 made it the standard for everyone..... when they put out patch 8 they reverted the graphics changes from 7 due to some issues....... but they added the option for detailed water so you could still have that if you wanted it...... its an option

you cant really say the water sucks if you have the option to use the water you claim to like..... with no side effects other than solving your problem

Ok, so then why have the option? Previously, you could pick the better water, then it's default, then you have to pick again? Really, I'm having so many stutter issues right now, turning on anything will just make it worse...

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »
you have the option because some people didnt want the wave effect in the water....... I know we all believe this game is designed specifically for each of us...... however it is not

I for one prefer the water detail turned OFF...... thankfully HTC saw fit to give me that option....... I can however if I choose turn it ON and it doesnt effect my system or fps ...... and as I said my 32MB onboard shared is about as low as you can get....... I lose 1 fps with the detail on

you seem to prefer the way it looks with it on....... thankfully HTC saw fit to give you that option as well

use the option or dont use it...... thats up to you...... either way its not HTC's fault which way you choose

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2009, 10:18:25 PM »
Does anyone NOT zoom when they are going for a kill?

Yea. I've not zoomed in on a plane for a shot.

Then I see blood all over, and half a wing off,  and then a countrymen yelling "scratch one" as he pulls up above me.

:D
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2009, 10:22:36 PM »
You're gaming the game with that crap and have the audacity to call out HTC and their "water sucking"?   
Sooo ,using the zoom is gaming the game?  :rofl
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
Zoomed in or not, the water looks the same. You can't tell how close you are to it.

Odd, I can. Turn your gamma up to 1.1, it helps.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
Sooo ,using the zoom is gaming the game?  :rofl
(Image removed from quote.)

WOOT!!!! Pile on boys!!!!   All you have to do is read what he's typing.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
WOOT!!!! Pile on boys!!!!   All you have to do is read what he's typing.   

I believe there's this button that allows you to go back in time, before u wrote ur post, and type it again, theres efen uh buhtoon foohr cheeking urs's splelling
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes