Author Topic: College Football  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: College Football
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »
Also one more thing

PAC10 is bowls least year

5-0.

Once more in English please.   :confused:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2009, 11:41:26 PM »
That's Engrish
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2009, 05:00:24 AM »
There is just no talking with the Pac-10 fanboys in a logical manner; there teams will never come and play the same type and quality of opponents and coaches week in and week out that the SEC does or for that matter the type that the Big-12 South does. Wins and Losses count but when you watch teams that are really good you get an understanding that football isn't about putting 40+ up on the board by both teams and then hoping that you get the last possession of the game so you can win. That is the type of football played on the West Coast and it just doesn't work week in/week out here in the SEC.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2009, 06:21:09 AM »

I guess I thought you claimed Texas and thus were a Big12 fan....

You just don't know when to quit do you?  :lol

I am a fan. I don't own them coach them or play for them so I can only support them not take ownership or credit for their achievements or failures especially a whole friggin conference. Unlike yourself.

The SEC has been in and won 4 of the last 6 BCS NCGs,  I am sick of seeing Big10 and Big12 teams lose to us.  

Wow, you're either an uberfanboimaximus or the Athletic Director of the SEC. Since you don't live in an SEC state... I'm going to assume the former an over active fanboi riding the high tide of a great record earned by others while claiming ownership of it and smugly blowing his own horn. Like I said in the last post you really should follow your own advice.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2009, 10:43:05 AM »
I am a fan. I don't own them coach them or play for them so I can only support them not take ownership or credit for their achievements or failures especially a whole friggin conference. Unlike yourself.

Wow, you're either an uberfanboimaximus or the Athletic Director of the SEC. Since you don't live in an SEC state... I'm going to assume the former an over active fanboi . Like I said in the last post you really should follow your own advice.

As far as claiming I have had anything to do with the success of the SEC in any way, please show the quote where I have done that.  Yes, I live in Texas.  I attended LSU.  Now, in addition to telling me that I should not have an opinion on these players because I never accomplished what they have at the college level, you are telling me that living in a state other than the school I root for makes me and "over active Fanboi riding the high tide of a great record earned by others while claiming ownership of it and smugly blowing his own horn"

You just don't know when to quit do you?  :lol

I quoted your Hook 'em and Texas emblem post because we are in a college football thread, and putting up an emblem and regular school saying usually would indicate that you are a fan of that team.  When I applied that label to you, you acted as if I pulled that out of the air.

As far as you go, I'll keep defending myself as long as you attack me for having an opinion, or as long as you make claims you can't support.  It's really not that difficult.

Again, get over yourself.  Telling me that I must be an over active fanbio because I don't live in my schools state is one of the stupidest things I have seen on this forum.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2009, 02:06:04 PM »
What football player has to graduate?  Ohio State owns the record for the most 1st round picks in the NFL draft and owns the single draft record for 1st round picks in a single draft.

Can you say millionaires?
- The Flying Circus -

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »
What football player has to graduate?  Ohio State owns the record for the most 1st round picks in the NFL draft and owns the single draft record for 1st round picks in a single draft.

Can you say millionaires?

Congrats on all the picks.  That's a pretty awsome record.  Too bad it hasn't helped a bowl record of no wins against SEC teams...0.  I know that sucks having to hear that again, but it is what it is.

As far as helping the SEC players out with their speech and life in general, I want to thank one of Ohio State's 2003 NC hero's who is blogging from his cell.  http://mauriceclarett.wordpress.com/  :aok

I especially enjoy the following post...

Human I Am
    Hypocrite I am not but human I am. Contradicting I am not but human I am. I have one physical life to live and I promise my family everyday that I will never burden them with another trip like this. I love my little girl and her smile. I love my girlfriend and her smile. I love my mother, brothers’ (both in Ohio and Cali) smiles also. We are all special in our own way. I believe that I have the ability to put an umbrella over all of their heads so they can rest and live easy. I once believed it would be through my physical abilities. I now believe that it will solely be through my mental and natural abilities. I’m not scared, just serious.

The Pride of THE OHIO ST. 2003 nat'l champs!!   :rofl

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
I quoted your Hook 'em and Texas emblem post because we are in a college football thread, and putting up an emblem and regular school saying usually would indicate that you are a fan of that team.  When I applied that label to you, you acted as if I pulled that out of the air.

As far as you go, I'll keep defending myself as long as you attack me for having an opinion, or as long as you make claims you can't support.  It's really not that difficult.

I don't get where you think I acted as if it was pulled it out of thin air when I admit in two post that UT is my favorite football team. I just don't take credit to be part of the team or a whole conference by saying US. After all the chest thumping and berating of schools and teams you've done here saying I'm attacking you is pure gold.

Again, get over yourself.

Again if you'd follow your own advice you'd make a much better debater and less angry.

Telling me that I must be an over active fanbio because I don't live in my schools state is one of the stupidest things I have seen on this forum.

Obviously you haven't looked at your own avatar.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:34:01 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »
I got my tickets to the Orange bowl.  Anyone else gong?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »
Hajo, are you an Ohio St. fan? I'm thinking you were.

If you are you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of this chart.

Regardless, bringing up how stupid the players are in another conference is always a last resort when your conference is not winning.   When your Buckeyes are 0-9 all time in Bowls vs. the SEC I can understand you are reaching...when your graduation rate is bottom 10 it sounds kind of foolish.

2008 NCAA Graduation Success Rate for BCS Football Programs

1. Notre Dame 94%
2. Stanford 93
T3. BC 92
T3. Duke 92
T3. Northwestern 92
6. Vanderbilt 91
7. Wake Forest 83
8. Texas Tech 79
T9. Baylor 78
T9. Nebraska 78
T9. UNC 78
T9. Penn State 78
T13. UConn 77
T13. Indiana 77
T15. Colorado 75
T15. Iowa 75
T15. Syracuse 75
T15. Virginia Tech 75
19. Cincinnati 73
T20. Illinois 70
T20. Michigan 70
T20. Miami 70
T20. Rutgers 70
24. Florida State 69
T25. Clemson 68
T25. Florida 68
T25. Maryland 68
T25. Wash State 68
............................. ............
T29. Kansas State 67
T29. Pitt 67
31. Virginia 66
T32. South Carolina 65
T32. Washington 65
T34. Oregon State 64
T34. Ole Miss 63
T34. Miss State 63
T34. Purdue 63
T34. West Virginia 63
T34. Wisconsin 63
T40. Okla State 62
T40. UCLA 62
42. Arizona State 60
T43. N.C. State 59
T43. Missouri 59
45. Louisville 58
46. Auburn 57
T47. Kentucky 56
T47. Texas A&M 56
T47. South Florida 56
T50. Alabama 55
T50. Iowa State 55
T52. LSU 54
T52. Tennessee 54
T52. USC 54
T55. Cal 53
T55. Oregon 53
T55. Kansas 53
58. Ohio State 52
T58. Arkansas 52
T60. Minnesota 51
T60. Michigan State 51
62. Texas 50
T63. Georgia 48
T63. Georgia Tech 48
65. Oklahoma 46
66. Arizona 41

Interesting.... has nothing to do with what team is good or bad though. I could see where a good team could be on bottom.... simply because several of their "good" players were picked up by the NFL. In that case they would not necessarily graduate at that time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »
Shuffler, of course saying that one schools players are uneducated is meaningless in an argument about the schools ability on the field.  The point that Hajo made about SEC players not being able to speak in complete sentences implies a jab at the education of the players.  Since Hajo brought that up I thought I'd point out that his favorite team isn't interested in education either.  In fact, Jim Tressel teams are notorious low graduation rates.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: December 07, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »
talking football.....Jim Tressel won 4 national championships at my Alma Mater I believe...or was it 3....to old to remember.(Youngstown State University)

One at Ohio State and played in two more championship games since.  At least OSU gets to the Championship game.

Congrats to all the BCS teams.  Now....let's have a playoff!  How many teams in DivI have made 3 championship games since 2K besides Florida, LSU, and OSU, USC, and Texas?

Since I believe there are 115 teams in Div I. that means quite a few can't get close to the championship game.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
There is just no talking with the Pac-10 fanboys in a logical manner; there teams will never come and play the same type and quality of opponents and coaches week in and week out that the SEC does or for that matter the type that the Big-12 South does. Wins and Losses count but when you watch teams that are really good you get an understanding that football isn't about putting 40+ up on the board by both teams and then hoping that you get the last possession of the game so you can win. That is the type of football played on the West Coast and it just doesn't work week in/week out here in the SEC.

It's not the Pac-10, but Boise State posted an offer to play ANY big conference team in their stadium without a return game at home in Boise.
None of those SEC, Big 12 or any eastern conference team took em up on the offer. Furthermore, the Pac-10 has the most top 25 ranked teams in the nation at 5. That's HALF the conference ranked in the top 25, and when they beat up on each other "week in week out" that's not easy to do. Factor in that this isn't a preseason, means nothing poll of rankings, it's the POST season rankings. All games played. STILL 5 teams ranked in the top 25. SEC has 3. So you can't really complain that they don't play "quality" opponents.

Again, throw everyone into a 16 team playoff....and we'll see who comes out on top. It's really the only way to settle any kind of debate on quality of team. Beyond that, I think throwing those non-conference games into a hat, and pulling opponents at random might do some awesome good. Get those east coast teams playing some west coast teams.
Rolling Thunder

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2009, 08:23:07 PM »

Again, throw everyone into a 16 team playoff....and we'll see who comes out on top. It's really the only way to settle any kind of debate on quality of team. Beyond that, I think throwing those non-conference games into a hat, and pulling opponents at random might do some awesome good. Get those east coast teams playing some west coast teams.

Only way to really find out.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »
Predictions for next year....

Texas A&M and Nebraska at the top of the Big 12 conference. - Well, if A&M gets some defense :) and Nebraska get's some offense. :)

they are total oppsosites - Texas A&M ranked 5th NCAA FBS total offense, 107th total defense. Nebraska ranked 102nd total offense, 9th defense.

Maybe they should combine the two teams? :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:09:22 AM by Waffle »