Author Topic: Die Zeit ist reif für Schlacht! - The time has come for battle!  (Read 12797 times)

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Die Zeit ist reif für Schlacht! - The time has come for battle!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »
Ready and able, II/JG11, my roster is filling fast, need orders to verify # of pilots allowed in the group.

TT

Twintail, a preliminary OOB was given to the COs to allow them to recruit GLs and staff.  I would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to not post information that may or may not be accurate in the final write up on the boards.

Thanks.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Die Zeit ist reif für Schlacht! - Registration Starts Tomorrow!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
Play and minimize the link below while you read the message.

Krupp Steel Campaign

Achtung! Young German officers and men; the time has come for battle. You have been patient in your waiting.
I ask you to be patient for a while longer. At this moment German high command prepares for us a place of registration;
so that we may plan the destruction of the Red Army force across the river. Soon we will have our objectives. Soon
we will have our rules of engagement. The fight will be to the death. There is no answer but total victory. But this will be up
to you young Germans. Many of you have had great experience in these arenas; over France and England, over the deserts of North Afrika,
in Italy, the Russian theater, and finally here in the Fatherland. I ask this of you. When the time comes do not hesitate to destroy your enemy.
Do not fear the end for this is a new beginning in Germany. It is time for our resurgence with the strength and power of our minds and our
machines to do battle with our vile foe. Train yourselves well and listen closely to your commanders. They will not steer you astray.
Continue to keep your attention here as registration is at hand. We will prove to our foe that we can not be beaten. Remember
we fight for our honor, our dignity, and most of all for our Fatherland.

Victory to Deutschland!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:39:59 PM by swareiam »
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 06:19:31 PM »
<<<---------- Motivated!   :rock

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
 :salute Herr Redtail7
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 11:43:13 PM »
Meine Herr,

REGISTRATION IS OPEN SCHNELL SCHNELL SCHNELL!!!

:salute
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2009, 12:15:23 AM »
I have volunteered at my local recruiting office and have been accepted.
I am  IN, IN, IN.
Training will commence immediatly.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2009, 07:22:50 AM »

Offline 4440

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ahxarl.com
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »
I have reported for Duty as well   :salute

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »
I'm in, but really disappointed at the allowed number of GV's.  So small it almost begs the question, what's the point?
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »
I'm in, but really disappointed at the allowed number of GV's.  So small it almost begs the question, what's the point?

You aren't alone. With demand comes supply, though.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
Oh ye of little faith.  ;)

We need just to avoid the problem of starting with a setting of 30x2, finding that (instead of 60) there are only 45 GV'ers in total who want to play in the scenario, and 30 of them join one side and 15 join the other.

Let's fill those 20 on each side, then go from there if there is more demand.

Keep in mind that Tunisia was set at 30 per side, and getting that filled was like squeezing blood from a stone, and in frame 4, there were about 20 GV'ers playing per side.  If the population of GV'ers interested in scenarios has increased since then -- excellent.  But let's see if there are enough of them to fill what we have before we increase.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:15:36 PM by Brooke »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »
Oh ye of little faith.  ;)

We need just to avoid the problem of starting with a setting of 30x2, finding that (instead of 60) there are only 45 GV'ers in total who want to play in the scenario, and 30 of them join one side and 15 join the other.

Let's fill those 20 on each side, then go from there if there is more demand.

Keep in mind that Tunisia was set at 30 per side, and getting that filled was like squeezing blood from a stone, and in frame 4, there were about 20 GV'ers playing per side.  If the population of GV'ers interested in scenarios has increased since then -- excellent.  But let's see if there are enough of them to fill what we have before we increase.

There are 40 GV'ers?

That's why we need the B-29 with a nuke.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
That's why we need the B-29 with a nuke.

Only if you're the Russians.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2009, 06:10:09 PM »

Hiyas Sloehand.   :salute

Thanks for your participation in the scenario.  It is no little result of your efforts as a ground commander, along with others on both sides, during Dawn of Battle helped set the stage which allowed us to continue to include a ground component in Scenarios. 

It is as Brooke said...

The scenario team will be more than happy to add as many GV slots as needed to allow all those who want to participate in the scenario to do so.  What we do not want to have happen is for one side of another to fill up and leave the other empty.  When both sides have gotten close to their current levels, the CMs in concert with both side's Command Teams will re-evaluate the levels and increase them as necessary.  So by all means tell all your friends and get them to sign up.  The CMs will continue to monitor the registration and react as required by the numbers.

Cheers!
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2009, 12:20:47 AM »
Hiyas Sloehand.   :salute

Thanks for your participation in the scenario.  It is no little result of your efforts as a ground commander, along with others on both sides, during Dawn of Battle helped set the stage which allowed us to continue to include a ground component in Scenarios. 

It is as Brooke said...

The scenario team will be more than happy to add as many GV slots as needed to allow all those who want to participate in the scenario to do so.  What we do not want to have happen is for one side of another to fill up and leave the other empty.  When both sides have gotten close to their current levels, the CMs in concert with both side's Command Teams will re-evaluate the levels and increase them as necessary.  So by all means tell all your friends and get them to sign up.  The CMs will continue to monitor the registration and react as required by the numbers.

Cheers!

Great job Fencer...on the design <S>...

My two cents on the ground game...

I believe that you could generate tremendous interest in the ground aspect of Scenarios if you put the centric activity of ground and air at nearly opposite ends of the maps...and give a proportional and weighted scoring to the GV aspect of it...

In other words split the theater of operations into two zones...

In one zone we could have vehicles against vehicles, plus a punitive and restricted plane set capable of JABO, fighters with no ords, and level bombers to support strategic operations...

The other zone of the map would contain the typical mix of fighters, heavies, ground attack and of course more ground vehicles...this zone could feature the classical interceptor-defense/strat-tact play that is so common in the game..

The ground guys are a rabid bunch...they love what they do...and they take tremendous pride in doing it well...as a bomber pilot I have a weird sense of kinship with them...the fighter pilots are always stealing the thunder...meanwhile we ground/bomber guys either plod along or above and do our jobs...with little recognition...

We have to find a way in future designs to increase their participation...make it irresistible for them not to attend...we need to build them a sand box and let them make hay...while the battle rages above and beyond...carve out a corner of the map and let these guys go at it...and you will be turning away people on game day...

My two cents...

<S> to the ground guys...

Nice looking event Fencer...thanks for your hard work...

Oneway