Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26799 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »

Yeah, but only came out of the closet once they went into midseason undefeated...

#1 Bills
#2 Saints.

Have a nice day.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #286 on: October 28, 2009, 03:39:28 PM »
Ya the Pats are going into a real tough month. I hope for the best. If by chance the Pats and Saints ended up in the Superbowl it would be hard for me. I of course want the Pats to win, but I would like to see the Saints go undefeated and win the superbowl as well. The Pats soured Miami's champagne a lil a couple years ago. Id like to see the Saints put an end to it for good before Shula and co. croaks.

Pats are rebuilding. The trading of Seymour, Vrabel, and the retirement of Bruschi pretty much sent me a message. That being said, Bill will try to win anyway, which is what makes this team unique. I see making the playoffs, but I think the secondary is just too young and inexperienced to take on the powerhouse offenses. Combine that with a poor pass rush and you've got trouble.

Btw, keep cheering on the Titans to lose. What seemed like a ho-hum trade during the last draft is looking real interesting. The Pats traded their 3rd round pick last year for the Titans 2nd rounder next year. What looked like a pick at the bottom of the second round is now looking like a pick at the top of the second round, w00t!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #287 on: October 28, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
They are one of the teams that worry me against the Saints, so are the others in Bold:

Nov 02    vs. ATLANTA FALCONS (MON NIGHT GAME)
Nov 08    vs. CAROLINA PANTHERS 
Nov 15    @ ST. LOUIS RAMS 
Nov 22    @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 
Nov 30    vs. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS  (MON NIGHT GAME)
Dec 06    @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS 
Dec 13    @ ATLANTA FALCONS 
Dec 19    vs. DALLAS COWBOYS  
Dec 27    vs. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 
Jan 03    @ CAROLINA PANTHERS

As of now, the Redskins are not much of a threat, but with their head coach being relieved of play calling they could have the potential of being an issue.

(Image removed from quote.)

Do you think the Atl game will be close? If we perform like we did last week I'm sure it will be out of control...to me unless our D picks up the pace like they did late last week, it will be a point toss up between Ryan and Brees.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2009, 11:06:30 AM »
Have a nice day.

Okay, okay, I'm convinced... I amend my statement to,

"but only came out of the closet when they came out of the early season undefeated..."

You may now call me an a-hole.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »
I see, Dads. So, would you call the secret to the Saints success an instance of scheduling to lowered expectations?

Okay, and that's a loaded question but I've often wondered whether it benefits a team to play a patsy schedule. They might forgo a few losses but are they getting the regular season experience they need to advance deep into the playoffs?

The schedule can usually and not always determine a teams success, each team has its lows and highs each year. How that schedule will effect the win loss record can only be determined after the season has started.  I know it looks like an easy schedule, but to be frank, previous years our division was much tighter as well as others, some of the teams we are playing this year did much better in previous years than we know today.

I don't think that playing patsy teams helps by no means, since your going to have to face a hard core team in the end that may have dominated earlier games, but so far the saints have done well with some of the "current" NFL leaders, if they were overrated that could be debated or not, but it is what it is.

Do you think the Atl game will be close? If we perform like we did last week I'm sure it will be out of control...to me unless our D picks up the pace like they did late last week, it will be a point toss up between Ryan and Brees.

Which leads me to answer YES, this should be a close game, NO and ATL have a history of some awesome games no matter who is leading the division that year it ends up being a battle and good football for the fans.

I unfortunately found out today that I will not be available to watch the game Mon night, I will be out at sea for the night, thank goodness for DVR.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:31:33 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: October 29, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »
Okay, okay, I'm convinced... I amend my statement to,

"but only came out of the closet when they came out of the early season undefeated..."

You may now call me an a-hole.
Said thread was not posted until after Week two, so how could I come out before thread was posted? If you continue your argument you must say Dadsguns is also a closet Saints fan...

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #291 on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
Said thread was not posted until after Week two, so how could I come out before thread was posted? If you continue your argument you must say Dadsguns is also a closet Saints fan...

How far back is considered closet fan? 
My 01' Ford has plates 1SAINTS on it since I bought it, I have a Saints APEX jacket from 1994, still in excellent condition I might add, since it hangs in the closet most of the year, was raised in LA since I was 7 and will be 41 soon, The only thing in my closet is old shoes and guns.   :D

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2009, 06:27:06 AM »
Dads a closet fan???  :huh  I just can't believe it. The man DID start this thread w/ a huge WHODAT. All I can say is  :cheers: Dads  and GEAUX SAINTS
 :D  :D  :D
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline oso831

• Zinc Member
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2009, 07:45:20 AM »
I think the Saints have a great chance to be the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC. :aok I doubt they will be able to go undefeated since they have to play ATL twice and a split is the most likely outcome. The Pats game could be interesting since the Pats play the Jets the week before while the Saints take on the JV Bucs so the schedule should benefit the Saints leading up to that game. The Cowboys are fraudulent until prove otherwise, Romo has not performed well in big games yet so until he does I don't consider them real contenders. I would love to see a Pats vs Saints Super Bowl, but I think it is doubtful they can secure a 1 or 2 seed in the AFC since already losing to the Broncos so the odds are pretty slim of them making it to the Super Bowl.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2009, 09:10:17 PM »
My 01' Ford has plates 1SAINTS on it since I bought it, I have a Saints APEX jacket from 1994, still in excellent condition I might add, since it hangs in the closet most of the year, was raised in LA since I was 7 and will be 41 soon, The only thing in my closet is old shoes and guns.   :D
I was stating it as if he were going to call me one, he'd have to call you one too...not saying you were!

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »
I was stating it as if he were going to call me one, he'd have to call you one too...not saying you were!
I know.  

There is some truth to closet fans though, wait and see when the Saints are in the playoffs and what comes out of the woodwork....  :lol
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:09:29 AM by Dadsguns »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: November 01, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
Intresting day...Denver got whooped, Indy barely saved themselves...it's just the Saints and Indy undefeated now...

FlyKommando.com

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #297 on: November 02, 2009, 06:46:41 AM »

It's time to replace that Ford, Dads... Send me a personal email (any time - now or in future years) if you want a little Friends and Family discount on a new one. I'll even chew out your dealer if he, or the service bay, givesd you any problems.

Honestly, I've followed Ford my whole life and have worked here in Corporate for the last 15 years and I can say without hesitation that the product line is better than it has ever been. Derrick Kuzak talked to us way back in '05 about how we had to have "no-excuse" vehicles.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #298 on: November 02, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »
It's time to replace that Ford, Dads... Send me a personal email (any time - now or in future years) if you want a little Friends and Family discount on a new one. I'll even chew out your dealer if he, or the service bay, givesd you any problems.

Honestly, I've followed Ford my whole life and have worked here in Corporate for the last 15 years and I can say without hesitation that the product line is better than it has ever been. Derrick Kuzak talked to us way back in '05 about how we had to have "no-excuse" vehicles.

Thanks for the offer, I will keep that in mind in the future for sure and will take you up on that, but to be honest with you, at this juncture I dont want to replace something that looks and runs as good as the day I bought it.  Thats one good looking Ford   :aok

I wont be able to see tonights game, will be haze gray underway, I am going out on a limb here and saying that the Saints will win by 15.......   :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:16:27 AM by Dadsguns »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: November 02, 2009, 08:47:14 AM »
Intresting day...Denver got whooped, Indy barely saved themselves...it's just the Saints and Indy undefeated now...

I saw Orton get his bellybutton hammered worse than Perez Hilton on Pink Leather Aces Initiation Night. That guy's a retard - I still say.

The Bears won over the hapless Browns. They need at least another week to try to get some on the D healthy. I note that the D appeared to play significantly better with Lovie calling the plays as opposed ot Marinelli.

My verdict: they'll be lucky if they can squeeze out another 5 wins.