Author Topic: Country Base/Hanger Design  (Read 1484 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Country Base/Hanger Design
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »
The man makes a valid point.  Could be trouble for low end computers.  Flags would be great though.

The ONE and only concession I have to this being a "good" idea would be a flag.

I could see HTC putting a flagpole on the fields that changes when the field is captured.

Maybe put it on the tower in lieu of a flagpole.

Other than that I don't see why HTC would bother.  

All this idea would do is cause more lag for the players and suck up bandwidth.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »
   My apologies to bravoa8.  I didn't know you were being serious about the flag thing.  I'm just looking at this through a simulated bomber pilots point of view.  When we're looking through that little scope there, it'd be kind of nice to see a different type of structure.  I mean after an hour or so flight, why would you want to drop on something that looks just like the building in your own back yard?
   I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.  You gotta' admit though, this is one of my better wishes.  LOL 

ps bravoa8, the more I think about it, the flag would probably be more practical.

<S> 100Coogn

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »
Yeah and maybe a little flag that has each countries symbol on it

If I didn't know that it would drop FR's for everyone, I'd ask for custom pait schemes or at least the we each have our own symbol, or insignia on the side of our planes...
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 11:47:38 PM »
From this perspective, I totally appreciate the idea!!!   :aok

I'm just looking at this through a simulated bomber pilots point of view.  When we're looking through that little scope there, it'd be kind of nice to see a different type of structure. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 04:11:16 AM »
Flag may have a chance not sure about the rest of it.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
What about mine Lyric? Don't you want your solid black 109 to be a symbol of terror :D?
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 04:41:10 PM »
I would actually like to see a flag with the country that owns that field on it. Have 1 right by the tower, and 1 more in the town at the map room. When a country takes that base from them then the flag is lowered, and the countries flag that took it is raised. Maybe have a short little song too play too to raise the morale of our troops?  :D
Someone plays too much COD4 ;)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 02:26:58 AM »
What the fields look like in the game bear little resemblance to the war I think. I know that airfields varied depending on their purpose. Germany had well founded large bases made of concrete and also 'circus' fields that were not much more than tents and sandbag maintenance areas (or aircraft were worked upon in the open).

My greatest familiarity is with American airfields having seen how P-51s were crated at the factory and delivered to airfields. Basically an airfield was constructed on the fly and in many cases the runway was a welded grid of steel only. There might be a flag I suppose but the airplanes would arrive in crates and the crates opened and the planes put together. Then the crates themselves would be used to make the mess and barracks and latrines and etc. I imagine it was the same for new airfields and as new planes arrived their crates would be added to the infrastructure of the airfield.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.