Author Topic: Okay, SAPP.... Hand over they keys!  (Read 2498 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Okay, SAPP.... Hand over they keys!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 12:12:24 AM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:28:25 AM by Skuzzy »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 12:20:26 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:28:38 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 12:26:29 AM »
this is going to have a very bad ending... :(

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 12:27:28 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:28:51 AM by Skuzzy »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:15:46 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 12:38:11 AM »
I like to compare our posting of pictures to the veterans shooting down the plane and not the man. Post all the crashes you want for entertainment but to ridicule a historical bomber's crew for not being able to land properly (more so when all of them died in the wreck) is pretty sad. Some of these veterans are still around, after all.

I had the pleasure to talk to a B17 test/combat pilot for a few weeks before his prostate/colon/bone cancer took him. I'll never forget the strange look he gave me when I told him about Airwarrior and the constant nonsense that occurred on a daily basis both in the game and on the forums. I'll also never forget the relief he expressed knowing that someone would remember what happend when I explained scenarios to him. He had an interest in taking part in a scenario but he died before the next one took place.

Don't ridicule someone's demise, karma has a way of biting you.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 12:44:23 AM »
I said i was out but TC you are actualy dead right.

My choice of words was very bad, and disrespectfull though i failed to see it at the time, My appologies for that sirs.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 01:09:19 AM »
To clarify on the B24 crash photo.  It's a B24 of the 455th BG, 304th BW, 15th AF based near San Giovanni, Italy.  It was a take off accident, that killed five men.  Understand those B24s took off at weights that would not have been allowed in peacetime and it didn't always work.  The war demanded it and overloaded with fuel and bombs lead to many of those kind of fatal wrecks.

I spent much of the 90s researching a crew from the 454th BG that was based there as well.  They went down to flak in February 45 with 6 killed.  It was eye opening to me dealing with the families of those killed after all these years.  The pain hadn't gone away.  Tears came quickly and the grief was intense.  The surviving crew lived with some survivors guilt as well.  In talking about it, the events were just yesterday for them.

I post lots of pictures here of broken 38s and other birds.  I've always tried to make sure they're not from fatal crashes.  I do think it is a reasonable line not to cross in terms of trying to be funny, because in the end, if you think for half a second, it isn't funny.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 01:26:04 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:29:27 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 02:00:00 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:29:56 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 02:05:41 AM »
TC,    I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that you are one standup indivadual and the BS meter has officially broken off the damned scale.

Now can we all return to the normal schedule.  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 02:18:54 AM »
To clarify on the B24 crash photo.  It's a B24 of the 455th BG, 304th BW, 15th AF based near San Giovanni, Italy.  It was a take off accident, that killed five men.  Understand those B24s took off at weights that would not have been allowed in peacetime and it didn't always work.  The war demanded it and overloaded with fuel and bombs lead to many of those kind of fatal wrecks.

I spent much of the 90s researching a crew from the 454th BG that was based there as well.  They went down to flak in February 45 with 6 killed.  It was eye opening to me dealing with the families of those killed after all these years.  The pain hadn't gone away.  Tears came quickly and the grief was intense.  The surviving crew lived with some survivors guilt as well.  In talking about it, the events were just yesterday for them.

I post lots of pictures here of broken 38s and other birds.  I've always tried to make sure they're not from fatal crashes.  I do think it is a reasonable line not to cross in terms of trying to be funny, because in the end, if you think for half a second, it isn't funny.

Indeed. There's a little bit more information on the incident here:

http://coloradowreckchasing.com/
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:16:26 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Folks, if you cannot make a post without taking making some type of derogatory remark about another poster, then please do us all a favor and keep your fingers off the keyboard.

If you want to admin a board or be a moderator, please go start one for yourself.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 01:42:18 PM »

Bingo! A while back I got a book from my local library that showed a picture of a P38 crashing. Parts were flying everywhere and I was going to post it with a caption making fun of Dan about his landing, but after reading that the pilot died I thought it wouldn't be in good taste.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner