Author Topic: A tactic as old as flight simming itself...  (Read 4487 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
Re: A tactic as old as flight simming itself...
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2009, 03:44:54 PM »
Good post.  Well written and expressed.  The point I was trying to get to as in "clue me in" was that after the fact, after the bullet has entered your head and killed you, it simply does not matter WHERE that bullet came from.  Tactics and strategy play their role in deciding how you are put in a position to kill or be killed, not some stoopid childish AH dicta that planes should NOT fire during a particular moment in any engagement.

Thank you sir and a big <<<<<S>>>>>.

You are correct, after a rifled .303 or Spandau fired bullet entered a pilot's head (except at the glancing skull shot that von Richthofen suffered--and almost killed him as well from blacking out while attempting to land) the game is over and get ready to be in a box.

I haven't read most of the game related posts about the HO in this thread (I only passed on the historical side on the subject) because the debate on the HO has been beaten into the dust in scads of past threads.

All I can pass on is what I tell my squaddies:

A)  Have the Situational Awareness to not get into the position of being HO'ed in the first place.

B)  There is a simple maneuver to not only avoid the HO, but to get a decent shot on the enemy attempting the HO--AND take away his HO firing solution in the same maneuver.  We work on this maneuver two to three squad nights a year in the DA as well as share films.

C)  There are times the using the HO is absolutely unavoidable in a fight, especially when fighting multiple enemy silmultaneously, but realize the statistical odds are not in your favor.

D)  The players out there who are one-trick-ponys and the HO is all they know--realize that on the first pass---and use the other tactics available in your mental experience to turn their HO-addiction against them.  One squaddie takes HO addicts to the deck and dispatches them pretty quickly in his Brewster Buffalo.

Anyone complaining about the HO because they keep getting HO'ed and killed, need to work on their tactics and maneuvers.  If they don't they will continue to be the easy kill for the HO addicts.

ROX

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:50:51 PM by ROX »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
Ya Yaeger - as you see above -  doesn't matter how many times you try to explain it to em - THEY just don't have a clue. Their cartoon positon on HO, while perhaps being well intentioned, is just presented  so insultingly - it is sort of sad. While initially I did give a bit of thought to their cartoon complaints - the repeated insults and degrading comments about people who do not play the game THEIR way has totally turned me off from them.

BESIDES - it's ALL cartoon - none of their circle-fight demands are any more realistic than anything else - NONE of this is real so none of it matters except that you should be having fun!!

MY fun may be different than theirs - let em go to the DA and play in the mud - I'll play my way and no one has the right to demand I, or anyone else, must play their way.

Must be the HIGH altitude air in their living room has gone to their heads!! :lol

...and the FOREVER HO thread goes round 'n round eh! :D

Misses the point of a COMBAT sim.

Yep.  Shufflers comment was entirely ironic coming from him.  I do appreciate the overall complaints about new people to the game not knowing how to play, or about people not giving a rats bellybutton and/or exploiting the collision model (intentional ramming).  But for me it is this constant whining that head on shots are immoral to attempt, even a snapshot, anywhere on the front quarter, and that two planes in the head on merge should "hold fire".  Take your rules to the DA and go play.  These are the same people that support coding an invincibility bubble around the nose of all airplanes.  Getting HTC to do this would destroy the simulation aspect of this game completely, in its entirety.  That is exactly what they want.  Dumbing the game down to their base level ability to comprehend.  If will fight against it as best I can.

Im not digging in on you Shuff, your a damned good P38 player in game......its just that on this subject you are an easy target  :rock

:salute

Will probably never understand a COMBAT flight sim GAME
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:07:15 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2009, 07:06:38 AM »
<sigh>

Ya kin lead donkeys to a FACT - ya just cn't make em think eh!!! :D

---30--- :bolt:
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »
Will probably never understand a COMBAT flight sim GAME
hmm.....

:huh
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns