Author Topic: squad GV league ** New idea **  (Read 926 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
squad GV league ** New idea **
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:47:02 AM »
I brought this up a while back, now that all the bugs in the patch are mostly out of the way. How bout takin another look at it. I still think its a great idea.

OK me and cobra45 thoguth of this while battling in TT tonight

A squad vs squad event where 10 of the best/volunteers from each squad battle it out till one squad loses all 10 men. If we do get enough squads to join we can make a tourney or at the LEAST a league. This could be a great way for squads to battle it out for the title of best gving squad...EI: THE FEW vs. THE CLAIMJUMPERS. 10 of best gvers from each squad. Start about 17-20 miles away from each other. No rules ( ei: flanking and spliting up is allowed). ALL out battle till 1 squad loses all 10 men. The winner (tourney) can move on to next round and battle a different squad say a week later. In a league, The bracket keeper can keep track of wins and loses for all squads. Possibly for each player if this becomes a big enough event. Your suggestions, yes or no's, would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks a lot and see you in the skies <S>!

Jrjolly

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: squad GV league ** New idea **
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
Dr7 vs 3 squads- dr7 wins
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
They already have Heavy Metal Sunday. I don't think there are enopugh squads that really are heavy into the GVs to set something like this up. Shegotya and crew seem to get a good group going tho.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
They already have Heavy Metal Sunday. I don't think there are enopugh squads that really are heavy into the GVs to set something like this up. Shegotya and crew seem to get a good group going tho.
Yeah but its on Sundays. Football and Racing  kinda fill that timespace up for me. :rolleyes:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
I like the idea. However before id even think about joining in the "hills" that were removed a few months ago from the terrain would need to be put back. (This should happen in the next update)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 02:11:37 PM »
I brought this up a while back, now that all the bugs in the patch are mostly out of the way. How bout takin another look at it. I still think its a great idea.

OK me and cobra45 thoguth of this while battling in TT tonight

A squad vs squad event where 10 of the best/volunteers from each squad battle it out till one squad loses all 10 men. If we do get enough squads to join we can make a tourney or at the LEAST a league. This could be a great way for squads to battle it out for the title of best gving squad...EI: THE FEW vs. THE CLAIMJUMPERS. 10 of best gvers from each squad. Start about 17-20 miles away from each other. No rules ( ei: flanking and spliting up is allowed). ALL out battle till 1 squad loses all 10 men. The winner (tourney) can move on to next round and battle a different squad say a week later. In a league, The bracket keeper can keep track of wins and loses for all squads. Possibly for each player if this becomes a big enough event. Your suggestions, yes or no's, would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks a lot and see you in the skies <S>!

Jrjolly
20 miles away? Really?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 02:23:39 PM »
20 miles away? Really?
Well lets see here. At 40mph, plus trees, hills and grandmas house. Would take me about 45 mintues to get pinged by 1 shot. :D

Would be interesting to use the new city terrain though, but I'm not sure about the bridges.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »
Think about it!!!   2 squads going towards each other at 25mph will be about a 15 min. Drive. Plus if you want a stratagy you could have time to get to your places.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »
Make it a cage match.  Each group starts out in a hanger at opposite ends of a large airfield.  Anyone driving off the airfield is disqualified/ejected from the match.  Beyond that anything's fair including using the rearm pad.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Vertex61

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 07:50:48 PM »
this thread will soon be skuzzyed, sooooo

IN
~VeRtEx~

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 08:00:29 PM »

IN

you fail
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »

IN
First of all, it's Skuzzified.
Second, it won't be locked, valid conversation.
W/ Fud here, failure.

I'd say make a small map with two GV bases and a medium sized city in between. Make the bases 10 miles apart, so the city is 2.5 miles from each base, and there's a spawn going into city from each base. Squads have choices between spawning from hanger or spawn.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »
First of all, it's Skuzzified.
Second, it won't be locked, valid conversation.
W/ Fud here, failure.

I'd say make a small map with two GV bases and a medium sized city in between. Make the bases 10 miles apart, so the city is 2.5 miles from each base, and there's a spawn going into city from each base. Squads have choices between spawning from hanger or spawn.

i like that idea too spikes

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 10:03:07 PM »

IN
:lol

Anyways, I like the idea but having two sqauds posting 10 players each for gv'n may be a bit tough. Id say the # would need to be lowered.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 10:43:04 PM »

IN

Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner