Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 10635 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »
Hey I'll start threads of everyone that refuses to fly straight and slow in front of my BW from now on as I consider this is the proper thing to do to boost my score.

And God all mighty what bashing will ensue if someone refuses!
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2010, 01:42:43 PM »
You have a not-so-well hidden agenda anyway so please tell me what's your motivation? Xenophobia? Homeland versus eurotrash? Come clean.

lol, what?  you have a seriously skewed perception of what is going on here. i've never even heard of you. i could care less where you're from; in fact i didn't even know you were "euro-trash" as you so eloquently put it.  my only "agenda" here is point out your varying story, for the 5th time.  read into what you will, your paranoia and obvoius inferiority complex have shown through brilliantly.  you ask me to come clean, here it is......you have a varying story.  there it is.  for the 6th time.  do you get it now?  need it a 7th time? you have a varying story.  here, have a banana, on me  :banana:
-AoM-

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »
I play for those cute little explosions wirbles make when a bomb lands on them.  :devil
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2010, 01:45:35 PM »
Without commenting on this particular incident, I will say that I've NEVER understood why people think they have ANY reasonable expectaion of a 1 v. 1 fight in the MA.  (same goes for co-alt, co-e, similar aircraft performance, equal position advantage, etc.)

DA? Fine, different arena, different rules. MA?  If anyone ever gets a "fair" fight in the MA, then I say one side didn't do their job right.  If someone gets caught in an "un-fair" position, thats either bad luck or their mistake.  Suck it up.  It's a war.

There are only 2 kinds of combat pilots.  Bastirdz's and suka's.  Suka's complain about how un-fair it all was, Bastirdz fly home and F-the-PromQueen.

(Oh and before anyone gets their feathers ruffled, I've been both at various times.  So have most I suspect.  :P)

$0.02,
Wab
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:49:34 PM by AKWabbit »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »
lol, what?  you have a seriously skewed perception of what is going on here. i've never even heard of you. i could care less where you're from; in fact i didn't even know you were "euro-trash" as you so eloquently put it.  my only "agenda" here is point out your varying story, for the 5th time.  read into what you will, your paranoia and obvoius inferiority complex have shown through brilliantly.  you ask me to come clean, here it is......you have a varying story.  there it is.  for the 6th time.  do you get it now?  need it a 7th time? you have a varying story.  here, have a banana, on me  :banana:

Heheh keep on going, tell me what part did you take in the fight we're discussing here again? None I presume. So you must have some other agenda on your attacks.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
Heheh keep on going, tell me what part did you take in the fight we're discussing here again? None I presume. So you must have some other agenda on your attacks.

there ya go, skewed perception.  again, i was simply pointing out your varied story. that's it. there is nothing more to it than that.  i made a simple statement, and you have blown it waaay out of proportion.  i was making no "attacks".     this thread wasn't and isn't about you and i arguing, i'm willing to let this die if you are.
-AoM-

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
there ya go, skewed perception.  again, i was simply pointing out your varied story. that's it. there is nothing more to it than that.  i made a simple statement, and you have blown it waaay out of proportion.  i was making no "attacks".     this thread wasn't and isn't about you and i arguing, i'm willing to let this die if you are.

Please point out where my story varied. In the part where I was guessing what wmaker might have thought in his head? Strawman argument for creating negation at best. :)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2010, 02:40:38 PM »
I enjoy seeing "smart" "pilots" talk about how inferior everyone else is.  

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »
Without commenting on this particular incident, I will say that I've NEVER understood why people think they have ANY reasonable expectaion of a 1 v. 1 fight in the MA.  (same goes for co-alt, co-e, similar aircraft performance, equal position advantage, etc.)

DA? Fine, different arena, different rules. MA?  If anyone ever gets a "fair" fight in the MA, then I say one side didn't do their job right.  If someone gets caught in an "un-fair" position, thats either bad luck or their mistake.  Suck it up.  It's a war.

There are only 2 kinds of combat pilots.  Bastirdz's and suka's.  Suka's complain about how un-fair it all was, Bastirdz fly home and F-the-PromQueen.

(Oh and before anyone gets their feathers ruffled, I've been both at various times.  So have most I suspect.  :P)

$0.02,
Wab
I was keeping up with what your saying till you said  :"Its a war"  YOur in the right squad for your mentality.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
The clip here is a major disappointment to me in the sense that I was hoping for a good 1 on 1 and was surprised that a quality stick from what I've always considered to be a quality squad would not want the same.

very similar thing happened to me against the same guy. He had the advantage in his Brewster, but wouldn't fight 1v1 and only engaged once he had friendly backup. After getting killed by his buddy in my Hurri MkIIc I extended a cordial invitation to the DA, which he graciously accepted, providing I stick with the Hurri, and he with the Brewster.

I won the first fight, but he took exception to the style, so in the second fight he tried to use energy tactics by zooming after the merge. It would have ended there had my gunnery been better, but he was determined, and resorted to a HO on the next pass that left me with very poor vision due to oil and grease all over the canopy. I never gave up, and my poor little Hurri took one heck of a beating before I finally out flew him and claimed the victory.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20401945/Wmaker_0001.ahf

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20401946/Wmaker_0002.ahf

The catch is, owning him in the DA 1v1 only proved to him how wise his wussy tactics really were after all.

Gunzo

Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »
very similar thing happened to me against the same guy.

Color me surprised.

So Saurdaukar, was looking at your Avatar...is your handle Mazz in the game nowadays? :)

Has been since the mid-90's, or so.  

Here, have a scorpion.  It'll pass the time between "extensions."  :)

This is degenerating beyond it's intent in the sense that its not important if it was "me" or if I was SA deficient etc.

Immaterial.  You are wasting your time on the subject individual.  While your intentions may be (and I know are) genuine, they only serve to feed a juvenile's need for reaction.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:53:07 PM by Saurdaukar »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »
very similar thing happened to me against the same guy. He had the advantage in his Brewster, but wouldn't fight 1v1 and only engaged once he had friendly backup. After getting killed by his buddy in my Hurri MkIIc I extended a cordial invitation to the DA, which he graciously accepted, providing I stick with the Hurri, and he with the Brewster.

I won the first fight, but he took exception to the style, so in the second fight he tried to use energy tactics by zooming after the merge. It would have ended there had my gunnery been better, but he was determined, and resorted to a HO on the next pass that left me with very poor vision due to oil and grease all over the canopy. I never gave up, and my poor little Hurri took one heck of a beating before I finally out flew him and claimed the victory.

The catch is, owning him in the DA 1v1 only proved to him how wise his wussy tactics really were after all.

Gunzo

Lol so 1 win out of 2 is owning now? classic. :)

Hurri2c is a one ping wonder that enables you to kill the enemy by 1 lucky spray hit. That's weak.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »
I was keeping up with what your saying till you said  :"Its a war"  YOur in the right squad for your mentality.

So, we're going to try and drag squads into this now?

I remember reading an Japanese Ace's autobiography years ago.  His name escapes me now but you'd recognize it.

I remember a passage where he described how he came to realize the Japanese were doom to defeat.  Japanese aces couldn't get over the concept that they were going to separate and engage in one-on-one "samurai" duels with the American pilots.   The Americans would just grin and use their wingmen to set the Japanese pilot up for a tag team and shred him into little bits of fish food over the blue Pacific ocean.  He knew they had little chance to win because they just couldn't seem to master the same kind of "Football" team tactics like the American's were using.

Food for thought.

Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »

Gunzo

Just wow, that definately was below the belt!

You said yourself we were just testing planes, and the moment I said lets change planes you were suddenly in a hurry and logged out. No problem just found it funny. You said yourself lets go to DA and test planes....the way you act now is a rather big contrast to that situation. I won't go into the name calling but that is just low. The minute I said lets change planes you were in a hurry to leave. :) You would have losed just the same way in a Brewster against a Hurricane IIc as I did as long as 6000ft hard deck is used. Just like I told you.

And here's why:

On the deck Brewster out maneuvers HurricaneIIc but with a hard deck at 6000ft it gets both out turned, out run and out climbed by a clear margin. This is due to the fact that Hurricane's supercharger keeps the power up to much higher altitudes while Brewster's power starts to drop sharply after 3000 feet as can be seen from the climb chart.

Deltadog/Gunzo, we both know what would have happened if we have changed planes but I don't think you will be up for it anytime soon. :)

I really don't care wheater I lose or not but that was just low from you and you know it. The minute I said, lets change planes between us you left in a hurry.

You truly are a piece of work Gunzo! :)

Just wow, I guess it's the kick Wmaker -weekend!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:29:45 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
Lol so 1 win out of 2 is owning now? classic. :)

Where did you get the idea I lost any?  It was 2 out of 2 Brewster v Hurri, but we did other aircraft and I won them all, have film if required :)

Hurri2c is a one ping wonder that enables you to kill the enemy by 1 lucky spray hit. That's weak.

For you perhaps, but if you watched the film you would have seen there were no lucky shots involved :)

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo