Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 10707 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2010, 09:46:50 AM »
didn't hitech once say the point of "the game" was to piss the other guy off?   :devil

Your both good sticks,  let's just have a big group hug and a beer   :cheers:    :banana:

true
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2010, 09:47:26 AM »
Or a real plane!!(ME!) :(  Yup! got all shot to hell by an SBD last week. I was surprised he stayed on me much less pick pieces off at will. sad, Disgraceful, humbling. I used to have a very poor opinion of the SBD. Now I understand I just don't know how to fly it.   :joystick:  :salute

snaphook is one of the main reasons i finally learned.......it's not the plane. it's the pile-it.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2010, 09:47:52 AM »
You're offically a retard now pardon my language but you are. If wmaker would have engaged him 1 vs 1 it would have left him with no option to disengage and rtb for fuel. He would have run out.

When others came to keep snap busy he could AFFORD a couple shots before rtb. Quit whining, please. It was a MA kill in all its fairness.

nice 5th grade name calling how old are you?
TBs Sounds 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »
You're offically a retard now pardon my language but you are. If wmaker would have engaged him 1 vs 1 it would have left him with no option to disengage and rtb for fuel. He would have run out.

When others came to keep snap busy he could AFFORD a couple shots before rtb. Quit whining, please. It was a MA kill in all its fairness.

WOW now we are into the name calling part.... great defense  :rolleyes:

Either you fight or you don't. Classy way would have been to call RTB and stay out, Lame way is to cry low fuel and then engage to try for a pick when you have numbers.

To me it's just a lame play, like most of the play that seems to be happening in the game these days. It's up to us "old timers" to set the example of good game play, or heaven forbid "honorable game play" as appose to the lame crap that seems to infest the game now. Wmaker showed a lame move instead of being an "honorable" opponent.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2010, 09:48:40 AM »
There are no rules of engagement in MA that require people to fight 1vs1 or leave fights when others join. Get over it.

If I would have started a flamethread of every time my low brewster was ganged by 5-6 enemies in superior planes we'd have 1000 threads more by now.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:27 AM »
There are no rules of engagement in MA that require people to fight 1vs1 or leave fights when others join. Get over it.

If I would have started a flamethread of every time my low brewster was ganged by 5-6 enemies in superior planes we'd have 1000 threads more by now.

"i know you are but what am i?" how childish
TBs Sounds 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2010, 09:51:19 AM »

So your going with the old "well everyone else dose it" defense. I'll take the high road and hope that some newer players will read this thread and maybe decide that they don't want to be as lame as others and takes the high road too.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »
WOW now we are into the name calling part.... great defense  :rolleyes:

Either you fight or you don't. Classy way would have been to call RTB and stay out, Lame way is to cry low fuel and then engage to try for a pick when you have numbers.

To me it's just a lame play, like most of the play that seems to be happening in the game these days. It's up to us "old timers" to set the example of good game play, or heaven forbid "honorable game play" as appose to the lame crap that seems to infest the game now. Wmaker showed a lame move instead of being an "honorable" opponent.

Lol honor. You gotta be kidding me.

Tell me:

1) would you have stayed to turnfight snaphook knowing you'll most likely run out of fuel before the fight is over - or would you have started to make your way home instead.

2) would you have joined others attacking the enemy trying to follow you in to vulch you for landing?

And if not, why not? Honor? Stupidity more like.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »

Tell me:

1) would you have stayed to turnfight snaphook knowing you'll most likely run out of fuel before the fight is over - or would you have started to make your way home instead.

2) would you have joined others attacking the enemy trying to follow you in to vulch you for landing?

he had plenty of fuel to engage once there was 3 others there helping i call bullcrap  PERKELE!!!!!!!

When im that low ill set the bird down 10 outa 10 cuz to me an sbd with 3 cons on it already posses no threat to me
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:56:40 AM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »
So your going with the old "well everyone else dose it" defense. I'll take the high road and hope that some newer players will read this thread and maybe decide that they don't want to be as lame as others and takes the high road too.

You still don't get it do you? You can keep your own high road and self imposed feel of superiority and shove it. It does not require _any_ action whatsoever from other players it's all in your head. You can follow your rules, the rules do not apply to anyone else.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »
he had plenty of fuel to engage once there was 3 others there helping i call bullcrap  PERKELE!!!!!!!

LOL did you read what I wrote at all? Do you have any sense of situational awareness?

You really don't see the difference between taking a snapshot against an enemy that cannot commit you to a long fight due to other players and committing yourself to an unknown duration of dueling?

He could afford to take a couple passes and rtb where he couldn't afford to start turning and burning with him potentially for minutes to come. It shouldn't be hard to understand.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »
This is the perfect example of 2 different gameplay agendas clashing. I suspect Wmaker is going for a top spot in the fighter rank this tour. I don't know, this is just my quess.
Snap, as we all know, is in it purely for the fight and the art of acm. I like both these fellas and won't take sides on who was right or wrong. But I will say that if you have to gang a SBD....well that's pretty lame.
The scoring system unforunately rewards dog eat dog fighting and not the "art" of 1 on 1 dogfighting.
Lighten up Francis

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2010, 09:57:04 AM »
He wouldn't have heard a word from me had he stayed silent. There's no need for him to start telling me how to fly. I made the dicisions to engage at any given time. As for the whine fest, this very thread was started to have an opportunity to whine about my flying. Ohh, but snaphook isn't whining...he's just "expressing his dissapointment regarding my flying". :rolleyes:

Like I've already said, I was curious if I'd hear from him on Ch200 and he delivered, a whole thread's worth actually. :rofl

ohh brother :rolleyes:

Had he come straight after me he would have easily had his fight. Now he decided to convert his speed back to altitude.
wow.....just....wow,

i never EVER would've imagined one running from an sbd, much less a talented stick.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2010, 09:58:21 AM »

Tell me:

YES ! one or the other, but NOT BOTH either I stay until I'm dead or he is, or I head for home and not turn back.

If I had made the choice to head home I would have headed home. Also knowing it was Snap I know he wouldn't try to vulch me on landing, he looks for fights not kills, there is a difference.

Honor is a personal thing. Even in the game a player can have honor.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:00:23 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2010, 09:59:33 AM »
LOL did you read what I wrote at all? Do you have any sense of situational awareness?

You really don't see the difference between taking a snapshot against an enemy that cannot commit you to a long fight due to other players and committing yourself to an unknown duration of dueling?

He could afford to take a couple passes and rtb where he couldn't afford to start turning and burning with him potentially for minutes to come. It shouldn't be hard to understand.

i do understand he had fuel to gang but not fuel to fight alone its a simple case of protecting ones score cuz he knew sbd could turn inside his brew plus he knew it was a good stick...he wimped out
TBs Sounds