Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11246 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
Lolz, I can't remember the last time I have been kill shot.  The best solution to all things pertaining to Dweebery in this game is assume all your enemies will HO you, all allies will clear your 12, and making the appropriate adjustments.  The counter to greedy allies is either flying where you have no allies or pwning hard before they have a chance to shoot 'your' target.   :devil

Wisdom.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »
I've been the 'victim' too many times of new guys diving in front of me to engage a target I'm already shooting at. The last time he managed to shoot down the enemy while I shot down myself because he rudely parked his plane in front of mine.  This effect is called killshooter. If you fire at your own team, you take damage.
New guys please show some courtesy. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Don't just dive in front and 'steal' the kill.

Been the victim???  +1 for dramatics.

Honestly, this is the wrong place to post this because "n00bs" have not gotten around to using the BBS yet so this will go unheard of for the 1000+ noobs.  Just logic bud, thats all.

But I can see them BnZ and not looking at their blind spot for you so just get over it bud.  

I been a victim too ya know..... :cry
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
Lolz, I can't remember the last time I have been kill shot.  The best solution to all things pertaining to Dweebery in this game is assume all your enemies will HO you, all allies will clear your 12, and making the appropriate adjustments.  The counter to greedy allies is either flying where you have no allies or pwning hard before they have a chance to shoot 'your' target.   :devil

Dude, if you tried and missed a shot once in a while you would know what we are talking about.  Not every one is using photon torpedoes in his planes  :furious  How can anyone steal a kill or kill shoot you when you look at con and it explodes?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
It true that a lot of new players dive right in and cross a friendly bullet stream. This usually happens to me when I have run the bandit down and am lineing up a close crossing shot. It is usually a spit or fast p51 who can pull the turn at a highter speed than me...they swoop in for an easy pick but take the angle right in front as I am firing so I get killshot instead.

This behavior is very rude. What is even worse is when they do this while THEY are dragging bad guys with them...they just drag the bandits right to my six, steal the kill, and I get jumped by the bad guys the newb was dragging.

Its one thing when I get myself ganged but a whole different thing when a kill stealing friendly newb brings the hord right to me. :furious
Especially when I have successfully dragged a bad guy out away from the hord for some slow scissor fun and the newb drags the whole conga line out saying " im coming agent....stay alive"  :lol :lol :lol

A lot of times the newbs just don't know any better...it is up to the experienced players to teach them.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »
Dude, if you tried and missed a shot once in a while you would know what we are talking about.  Not every one is using photon torpedoes in his planes  :furious  How can anyone steal a kill or kill shoot you when you look at con and it explodes?

LOL. That brings us to our next topic, don't miss when you have green guys around you because they will shoot 'your' con!  Mostly likely spray him with no actual physical damage but enough random hit point damage to award them the kill when you finally do finish him off a few turns later.  It's frustrating when it happens but it's hard to blame anyone but myself when it does happen.

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »
I agree with Blooz if you can kill them before me then go for it just dont jump IN FRONT OF MY BULLETS TO DO IT. On the other hand what i do not like and has happend to me and I'm sure everyone else umpteen times is a good 1v1 and nobody enters to help or "steal " him but as soon as you take off his stab or vator or wing and he goes fluttering down 453 greens all chase him to the deck putting every round they have into him and you end up with the assist.   :x

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 04:25:40 PM »
You say rude. I say teamwork.

Teamwork is when folks work together not against eachother. If your flying through friendly bullit streams your a menace to your own side.

It all depends on you're perspective. I'm not so full of myself to think it's "kill stealing". If you can kill the guy faster than me, go for it! There's plenty of reds to go around for everybody.

Plenty of reds ?? Good go get one of them instead.

It's going to happen so why not just accept it as a positive thing?

I don't think lameness will ever be accepted by most folks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »

It all depends on you're perspective. I'm not so full of myself to think it's "kill stealing". If you can kill the guy faster than me, go for it! There's plenty of reds to go around for everybody.

Blooz, it is rude behavior. Skyrock is right on!!!

IF you read my post above you will see why.

If your hord of friendlies (aka your squad) are playing "chicken wing" (that's a vet term...you prob don't know what it is) then that's fine....just don't do that to someone you don't know.

Since you brought up "teamwork"
Teamwork - the actions of individuals, brought together for a common purpose or goal, which subordinate the needs of the individual to the needs of the group. In essence, each person on the team puts aside his or her individual needs to work towards the larger group objective. The interactions among the members and the work they complete is called teamwork.

Now, as for this game it means things like....covering a lead planes six so he can make the kill, giving check six, taking a position above the friendly on the kill to maneuver in on the other bad guys coming in for the easy pick....OR OMG maybe actually setting up a bandit for SOMEONE else to kill....what a concept...

FYI - Chickenwing = a comical game played by squad mates usuallying numbering 5 or more. When one member calls "chiiiiccccckkkkennnwinnnnnggg" all the other members try to steal his kill before he can get it himself. This usually results in hilarious howls of disgust and much smack talking among the squad mates.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 04:44:11 PM »

Newbs dont listen to this dweebery. Pure silliness.

I don't need my 12:00 cleared>>>> plain and simple... Its rude .   And a few more things will were on the subject.

If you cant communicate on vox or 200 or country and your getting your butt kicked ina a 1v1 I'm not going to presume U need help. If you ask I will bounce the con and let u reengage..

If I'm 1v1  DONT EVEN ASK> I would rather learn something and finish the fight .Live or die.
If i get killed THEN its your turn.

I have been very nice about names i dont recognize doing it... If i see your name more than twice you are going to get an ear full from me.

<S>
right on bud!  That is exactly what I would say, but you said it better!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »
Depends on the situation though Rock.

If I'm in a furball, and someone kills the guy I'm on, I can look passed that. However if I'm in a good fight like Shuf mentioned, then that's when it is completely rude and wrong.
Nah, PK... I respectfully disagree... never, and I mean never, should a friendlie be looking to clear your 12!  Now, that is not to say I don't understand there are times when 2 or 3 or...hell, 8 friendlies all see the same con at the same time, and you just got there a little before they did... I mean if you are on the guys six and it is plain to everyone.  :aok

btw...    :salute 

:D
Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »
yeah, those of us with a death wish and a yearning for outnumbered fights have a harder time though... you finally kill two of the 3 you were fighting, get on the 3rd guys six, and some "I'll save you" guy comes in blasting him off your 12.... gahhh!   :furious

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 04:49:23 PM »
Blooz, it is rude behavior. Skyrock is right on!!!

IF you read my post above you will see why.

If your hord of friendlies (aka your squad) are playing "chicken wing" (that's a vet term...you prob don't know what it is) then that's fine....just don't do that to someone you don't know.

Since you brought up "teamwork"
Teamwork - the actions of individuals, brought together for a common purpose or goal, which subordinate the needs of the individual to the needs of the group. In essence, each person on the team puts aside his or her individual needs to work towards the larger group objective. The interactions among the members and the work they complete is called teamwork.

Right On!!!! I hate it when I work a guy down and I'm on his 6 setting up a tater shot and some dude comes in a 400mph and sweeps my kill.. all that effort, no reward... lame
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »
yes, I say rude.  Teamwork is when your countryman communicates with you, finds out you don't need his help, and disengages.  :aok

Wow.   Logic gives me an abundance of reasons why this line of thinking isn't good!  :aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
:rofl

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 04:56:11 PM »
I agree with Blooz if you can kill them before me then go for it just dont jump IN FRONT OF MY BULLETS TO DO IT.
uhhh....op...topic..... :O