Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42709 times)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
You really think it gives any advantage?  It's like a runner shaving his legs before a big race to get an edge.

<--- shaving my legs right now.  I need any advantage I can get.  :D
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
You really think it gives any advantage?  It's like a runner shaving his legs before a big race to get an edge.

Most definitely in some planes. The P47 for example, just take one up and dump all the ammo whilst looking at the E6b and watch the pounds drop off. No, it's not going to make you out turn a zero, but in same plane co-alt duels it will make a difference.

Lets look at it from another angle, if it makes no difference at all then why is anyone doing it?

edit:

just did a test on the P47-D40 with 25% fuel and full gun loadout.

Fully loaded with ammo weight - 13282
Empty of ammo weight - 12228
Loaded with 200 rounds for one kill - 12290

so a difference of  ~1000lbs is going to make a difference. That's like one person fighting with a 1k bomb strapped on while the other is clean.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:28:21 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: February 12, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »
I have been turning on the recorder at visual (dot) range.  Should I have been recording from launch?

Nope.  No need.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: February 12, 2010, 06:14:44 PM »

I still think the 110 and mossie should not be in it....and they should be held where ever the duelers feel the most comfortable. (kept to the DA of course)

also I so think the "typical" way of dueling IE; fly past each other wing tip to wing tip is not really a great way to duel, at that point it is just a matter of who can bank around faster, who ever came into it slower will bank around faster, lame does not show skill in my mind.

The Merge is where you win or lose a fight (for the most part) if you were to fly in the mains the way these duels are being played out you would be HOd over and over, To me I attempt to merge with the person, in a way that allows me to kill him but denies him a shot on me, in other words, giving myself a gun solution but denying him one, in this way you will learn to kill as fast as possible, because we all know the next nme cons will be on you very quickly, so if you can learn to merge and kill at first "contact" you wont have to worry about the first guy in, cuzz he is already dead, leaving you prepared for the next one and so on....and so on...

mind you aiming is huge, the most important part of this or any type of "aerial combat" is Aim, this sad to say I am very lacking. there are days though that I am spot on, and have killed 8 plus trying to kill me, using the merge technique I tried to explain

plus I think the duels should be more then two out of three, should be more like 4 out of 7, or 6 out of 10.
plane should be choice, not same.
say its mine and Grizz's duel, I was randomly picked to choose first plane, I pick the hurri2c then Grizz could pick his plane of choice, who ever WINS picks his plane first, and then they duel at a pre-agreed to ALT.
 I have been thinking about this a lot I was not gonna say anything but what the hell, I am dedicated to this turney and would love to see it as a permanent, integral part of AH.
 this would allow people to fly the plane THEY feel comfortable in.

I don't know just some thoughts.

flame away :D

INK

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2010, 06:29:15 PM »
DB I'm stuck on a conference call, will stop in as soon as I can...should be available just about all of tomorrow afternoon evening/Sunday if we cant hook up tonight. Sorry bout that....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline -Draken-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2010, 07:06:30 PM »
Film of our duels for review if need be.
I'll admit I messed up on both duels, need to pay more attention to thealtimeter instead of chatting it up heh :)

http://members.shaw.ca/draken/firstduel.ahf
http://members.shaw.ca/draken/duel2.ahf

Offline Phanza

• Copper Member
« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »
Phanta vs. TnDep results:

i-16 : Phanta
F4u-4 : TnDep
Spit9 : TnDep
Winner : TnDep
Good fights! <S>

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:25 PM »
still havent seen ivancrazy on anywhere.....You still out there ivan???

he is normaly on late nights in the late war arenas

I will give him a call.  If he missed the time, he had a good reason.  Apologies on his behalf.

i know Mark never did mind handing my arse
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2010, 09:09:22 PM »
Dodger & TC

Round # 1 - Bf109G14  - Dodger
Round # 2 - P40E        - TC
Round # 3 - La7          - Dodger

most excellent fun fights Dodger, holler at me if ya need a sparring partner to get ready for your next match

Good Luck  :salute
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2010, 09:26:27 PM »
DB, I may try and get on one or two evenings but it's tough to predict work related calls. How about about shooting for Friday evening sometime in the 7pm or later (CST) bracket? If not let me know what works for you and I'll try and accommodate.
I waited 3 hours. From 6:30 to 9:30 Snap wasn't online.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:29:58 PM by uptown »
Charlie don't surf!

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »
<S> TC was a blast, next round I'm just hoping for the k4 :lol

BE we did get interrupted  in one of our fights(no issue), just in case it matters later.
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »
<S> TC was a blast, next round I'm just hoping for the k4 :lol

BE we did get interrupted  in one of our fights(no issue), just in case it matters later.

please don't tell him a Review Committee member ( ALT ) forgot the rules and thought he had a ceiling cap of 10K for the entire event......... <shakes head bows head in shame>

seriously though, Dodger is going to be a force to be reckon with.... <thumbs up> he is like 15 times more cagier than when I practiced with him back in that very 1st tourny BE held ( think it was that one )....... you others better practice TOO.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline doalot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »
bf110c-4b TW9 donut handed to me 
typhoon    TW9 donut handed to me yet again

SALUTE TW9 and thanks for the fights sir. Welcome back.

Offline doalot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:20 PM »
Oh the third one was the ugliest.  typhoon TW9                  nice merge TW9

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #344 on: February 13, 2010, 04:40:41 AM »

also I so think the "typical" way of dueling IE; fly past each other wing tip to wing tip is not really a great way to duel, at that point it is just a matter of who can bank around faster, who ever came into it slower will bank around faster, lame does not show skill in my mind.

I don't know just some thoughts.

flame away :D

INK

There's nothing saying you have to go wingtip to wingtip, the rules state that once you're at icon range you can begin your merge break.  if you don't want to go nose on with the guy, I don't believe you have to, could be wrong though.
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us