Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42644 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2010, 10:37:50 PM »

Kilz and me had 8 fights

was a fun 8 fights thanks for the extra fights flatiron
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2010, 01:19:39 AM »
Sorry to say it, but it looks like Sol and I didn't get our duels in despite efforts on both of our parts. I believe 40 lashes is a suitable punishment?
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2010, 08:36:20 AM »
I was online from 00:45 till 06:30 sunday night which more than covers the time we had suggested Husky....where you at??   Hope it's nothing serious.   :headscratch:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »
The first week is done and now we really get rolling but first there's some housekeeping issues to attend to.

I made a mistake in the original bracket missing v1st and placing madda in the bracket twice.  That mistake was corrected immediately and is reflected in this update.

We had four players join late (after the initial bracket posting).  Three of them joined before the first results were posted and were immediately assigned duels.  The other joined the following morning and, while I didn't want to add any players at that point, it was an opportunity for me to balance the two sides of the bracket so I let him in.  Those players are:

In-game -  BBs

AApache   -   AApache
Doolitle   -   doalot
kilz   -   kilz
xxxJCxxx   -   Jimbo71

We also had a name change.  dhart is now Doomsday in-game.  His BBs name remains dhart.

In future tournaments I will not allow late entries.  Please abide by the sign-up deadlines if you intend to play.

greens had to forfeit the first round due to connection issues.  This is reflected in the bracket and TC advances.

sandwich had to forfeit the balance of the tournament after beating waystin2.  This means that Vinkman who had a first round bye now advances another round through forfeit.  Sorry Vinkman but now you have to wait another week.  If you missed it in this thread this was my explanation to sandwich:

I considered letting waystin move forward but if I did he'd have to take the slot that showed you won the duel against him in order to match him up against Vinkman.  I'm not willing to do that.  You got the win and the record should show that.  Instead of a plane assignment between you and Vinkman it will be listed as Forfeit and Vinkman will advance.  waystin's out by a loss, you're out by a forfeit and Vinkman advances just as it should be.

We had four unfought duels this week.

In accordance with the following rule:  - If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in this thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.

Kazaa advances over AApache.  Kazaa posted on 2/4 and on 2/5 with no postings or response by AApache.
Strip advances over hlbly.  Strip posted on 2/3 and 2/4 with no postings or response by hlbly.

While WMSol and cactus should be determined by random draw, since cactus posted this morning that they had both been attempting to arrange their duel I am granting them a 48 hour extension to complete this duel.  If no results are posted within that deadline then the winner will be determined by random draw.

In addition and in further accordance with the following rule: - If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time and a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.

batfinkv and Bearkats should be determined by random draw (posting inside the 48 hour window).  Since batfink posted that he was awaiting Bearkats in the DA I asked batfink to PM me evidence of the duel confirmation which he did.  Unfortunately, there was no specific time mentioned in that PM.  Due to the fact that I am unwilling to advance a player who might cause further disruption in later rounds I am giving these guys 48 hours to either get a duel in or post a convincing argument why they should advance.  If no results are posted by midnight Tuesday with no posts from Bearkats then batfinkv will advance as he appears to be more active in arranging this duel.  If Bearkats posts it may lead to a random draw to see who advances depending on the content of his post.  Of course I'd prefer to see results of a duel.

In both these cases I will assign planes for the next round as soon as an advancer has been determined so Grue and Tongs, you'll have a plane assignment in this thread no later than Wednesday morning.  These extensions will not delay the midnight Sunday deadline to get the next duels in and posted with their round two opponents.

Finally, we had one person who didn't properly post results.  As a refresher results must be posted by the loser of the duel series as follows:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

We do it this way to verify that the duels are uncontested and to confirm that the first duel was fought in the assigned plane.

I want to thank those who have posted films.  There were some very good duels in this first round.  If you haven't watched the posted films I highly suggest doing so.

For those who lost quickly (as I did... three times now), my most recent loss prompted me to swallow my pride after 14 years of doing this and hook up with a trainer in the TA.  It was an enlightening experience that taught me a lot in the two hours I spent with MtnMan last night.  This was after studying my films of the fights extensively where I noticed several mistakes on my own.  No matter what stage of the game you think you're at a couple of hours of film study and a couple with a trainer (or one of the games better sticks) will probably help you out.  Sorry trainers but I knew you were bored.  ;)  Anyway, the point is use this experience to improve then come back next time with new knowledge and give it another try.  Three losses in a row were finally my tipping pont.  I'm looking forward to some DA action between now and the next tourney where I can practice what I've learned.

So, with that all said we had 24 duels scheduled last week.  Congratulations to those who made it through the first round.  This week we have 32 duels scheduled so the pace picks up and from this point forward everyone plays every week until they are eliminated unless there's a forfeit.

Good luck to all.  Here's the updated bracket:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:02:33 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »
In hlbly's defense we did get together on Thursday, unfortunately he had a new stick and was working out the details. Having fought hlbly before and had good times with him I offered to meet him Saturday morning. Later that day we broke our motor at race track, with a points race scheduled on Saturday night and a ton of work to be done to get it ready. Come Saturday morning I could not take an hour or so to run home and duel him at our arranged time, my fault completely. The bracket has been set, however I would like a one night reprieve and try to get this done. After that I will go with whatever you have to say BaldEagl, I regret we forced your hand in the first place.

<S>

Strip

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2010, 10:54:54 AM »
In hlbly's defense we did get together on Thursday, unfortunately he had a new stick and was working out the details. Having fought hlbly before and had good times with him I offered to meet him Saturday morning. Later that day we broke our motor at race track, with a points race scheduled on Saturday night and a ton of work to be done to get it ready. Come Saturday morning I could not take an hour or so to run home and duel him at our arranged time, my fault completely. The bracket has been set, however I would like a one night reprieve and try to get this done. After that I will go with whatever you have to say BaldEagl, I regret we forced your hand in the first place.

<S>

Strip

OK.  I'll grant a 48 hour extension.  There will be a new plane assigned after the results are posted.  If no results are posted then an advancer will be determined by random draw since both of you appear to be at fault (no posts from hlbly and a missed duel by you).

In the future please post these things before I update the bracket.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:57:13 AM by BaldEagl »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
DB, I may try and get on one or two evenings but it's tough to predict work related calls. How about about shooting for Friday evening sometime in the 7pm or later (CST) bracket? If not let me know what works for you and I'll try and accommodate.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2010, 10:59:13 AM »
PM sent to rufleak :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2010, 11:12:08 AM »
I had a rough Thursday-Sunday so I apologize, we broke our motor and its been a thrash to get it back together. We are rebuilding our main bullet all this week as the engine suffered a close call. I logged on just now, managed to see hlbly online and we fought it out.

First round             P-39Q.........hlbly
Second round         P-47M........Strip
Third round            P-38L.........Strip

Good fights hlbly, we should get together soon and have some fun rounds.

Strip

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2010, 11:15:35 AM »
11 duels to go (almost half) with a day and a half to get them in.  I know you're all working hard to get them arranged and that the weekend is "prime time" but someone has to be the nag.   ;)

BTW, when I logged into the DA Thursday night there were something like 167 players in there!  It was almost as many as one of the LW MA's.  I don't ever recall seeing that many in there.

Lot's of folks getting some practice. I was in there for over an hour with JUGgler. Thanks again to JUGler the lessons. <S>
Who is John Galt?

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
SWneo,

Lets get this one in early, my motor is sitting in a bunch of pieces so the longer this one goes the busier I am going to get.

:lol

PM sent as well

Strip

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »
I had a rough Thursday-Sunday so I apologize, we broke our motor and its been a thrash to get it back together. We are rebuilding our main bullet all this week as the engine suffered a close call. I logged on just now, managed to see hlbly online and we fought it out.

First round             P-39Q.........hlbly
Second round         P-47M........Strip
Third round            P-38L.........Strip

Good fights hlbly, we should get together soon and have some fun rounds.

Strip

I can't assign a plane for the next round until hlbly posts (disputed results) otherwise the review committee will have to see films.  We'll give him until this evening to post.  If he hasn't then you'll need to post links to the films and I'll need the review committee members to make a determination by midnight Wednesday confirming or denying these results.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2010, 12:08:52 PM »
gah i cant slide the image over with my phone. could someone tell me who im dueling? btw im avail any day after 8pm est.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:57 PM »
gah i cant slide the image over with my phone. could someone tell me who im dueling? btw im avail any day after 8pm est.

You've got Doolitle in a Bf-110C-4b

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »
PM sent to SkyRock
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey