Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42617 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2010, 09:50:27 AM »

the Review Committee is making a decision right now...... please be patient
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »
Watch it ladies... my purse is armed with a Mk108...  Dont make me swing it. :noid

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »
In the matter of Strip vs. hlbly (Law & Order... or... Judge Judy) the review committe has weighed in.

The films posted by Strip were determined to be "within the spirit of the tournament" (i.e. guns cold, co-alt merge, etc.) and that Stip won those duels as evidenced on film.  The committee by a vote of 2-1 has determined that these duels should stand.  The dissenting vote was for a random draw (which had already been done prior to the bracket update with Strip winning anyway).

Further to this, the committee has weighed in on these duel's violations of the official tournamant rules and has determined that any future violation of the rules as stated should constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.  I want to make this very clear to everyone that we simply cannot allow every player to make thier own rules or the tournament will deteriorate into chaos.  This decision was unanimous.

In the matter of Strip vs. SWneo the committee has determined by unanimous decision that these duels should be re-fought as Strip "jumped the gun" in fighting them.  The opening aircraft in this duel series will be the Bf 109F-4.

I personally think these are decisions everyone can live with and want to thank the review committee members for their quick responses and lively behind the scenes debate.  This was the biggest issue the committee has had to tackle in three tournaments.  Now I've got to go clear out my PM's.   :D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
Mossie-Twizzty
P51D-Bosco
C202-Twizzty

Excellent fights Twizz, some of the best fight's I've had in a wile.

<S>!
wow Twizzty i would love to go a few rounds with ya   :)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »
wow Twizzty i would love to go a few rounds with ya   :)

We can definitely do that DrBone! Look me up tonight or later on this week, I'll be on after 8pm est.

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2010, 11:56:49 AM »
Great I am gonna try to leave early from work to pratice...  lol

<S> Strip...  I look forward to another opportunity.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »
I wont be able to plan anything tonight and likely the rest of the week until Saturday morning or Sunday.

If I do log in it will be a random unplanned deal, I will look you up if so....

Strip

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »
funny how someone could quote me w/o reading what i said notably "nothing to take personally" and "suggestion" . anyways thanks be and bat for the clarification..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:31:35 PM by TW9 »
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
the situation at hand IMO cant use the rules in it since the 48 hour extension was technically not stated as a rule before.

A 48 hour extension is a discretionary call by me to allow players to complete a duel series if conditions exist that cause them to miss a deadline and if they are making an attempt in good faith to get the duels in.  It will never be in the official rules.  If it was then we might as well just push all the deadlines back 48 hours, get rid of that discretionary call and go strictly by the rules regarding random selection as to advancement.

Regardless, an extension isn't a reason to disregard all of the other rules in place.

I've been very careful in these tournaments to maintain an environment where the players can't manipulate the brackets or the rules to their own ends and will continue to be vigilent in this regard.  I won't play favorites and I intend to keep the playing field level and fair for everyone.  I will however work with players to accomodate special circumstances as long as the tournament keeps flowing along smoothly and within the guidlines of the rules.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »
DadRabit and I are scheduled to fight at high noon on sunday.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
We can definitely do that DrBone! Look me up tonight or later on this week, I'll be on after 8pm est.
will do bud looking forward to it  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2010, 06:29:29 PM »
PM me when your ready ivancrazy, Im on mostly every night. EST

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline doalot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »
TW9 my BBs name is doalot. Don't know about you but, I'm going to need a little practice before our duel. Just wanted to be sure you have my BBs name.        Doolitle(doalot)

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
Akelfy whoop me preety good
spit 16 akelfy
c205 akelfy

I'm sorry I logged quick elfy my computer locked up.  I had to reboot just to sign on here.  I hope you can show me some moves before the next bracket.
v1st

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2010, 08:44:16 PM »
Just a heads up to whom I will be paired with this next duel.  I have to work 12hrs a day for the next 7 days so between 7p.m. and 9p.m. cst is the only time I will be available I hope you can accommodate.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep