Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42614 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2010, 07:42:26 AM »

The 110 was my first draw in the first turney, Plane has NO place in the turney period!!!!!!
Ink, if the 110 isnt allowed in the tourny....then only planes labeled as "Fighter" should be used. I can see people using ammo dumping to their advantage in these 1v1s but maybe instead of making it so we can use the heavy gun pack birds, BE can make a rule no ammo dumping and always used the light gun package.....Films must be posted with fights so they can be checked.....then the review committee would actually be a hard job, I feel like an old man watching these films :old:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2010, 07:58:17 AM »
Ink, if the 110 isnt allowed in the tourny....then only planes labeled as "Fighter" should be used. I can see people using ammo dumping to their advantage in these 1v1s but maybe instead of making it so we can use the heavy gun pack birds, BE can make a rule no ammo dumping and always used the light gun package.....Films must be posted with fights so they can be checked.....then the review committee would actually be a hard job, I feel like an old man watching these films :old:

I have been waiting for "Mr. Nice SPY" to drop a post, telling us all to let BE do  it the way he wants to  :rofl

where you hiding?  "Mr. Nice SPY"
 :noid

I am all for leaving the rules just as they are.......... heck, it has worked for 2 complete torunaments, and is working ok for this 3rd event so far..........

just saying  :old:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #317 on: February 12, 2010, 08:19:43 AM »

I have been waiting for "Mr. Nice SPY" to drop a post, telling us all to let BE do  it the way he wants to  :rofl

where you hiding?  "Mr. Nice SPY"
 :noid

I am all for leaving the rules just as they are.......... heck, it has worked for 2 complete torunaments, and is working ok for this 3rd event so far..........

just saying  :old:

Sorry, I am trying to avoid micromamanaging  :lol

REMINDER:  Keep mouth shut and let BE run it the way he wants.  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38:13 AM »
Tournament appears to be going really good.  My first fight was really great and my 2nd fight is tonight.  I would say that nothing is perfect and tweeking is part of anything that has to be organized but that should be left up to the committee and BE

:salute
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »
BE can make a rule no ammo dumping and always used the light gun package.....Films must be posted with fights so they can be checked.....then the review committee would actually be a hard job

Each committee member would have had to review 72 films last week and 96 films this week.  They would have to watch the first 3 minutes or so until the merge from both planes for a total of six minutes or almost 10 hours of film review to enforce this for this week.  With results being posted until midnight Sunday and the bracket being updated Monday morning they could concievably have to pull an overnighter Sunday night and then I'd have to verify that all films had been reviewed.

Not very practical IMO.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #320 on: February 12, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »
Is it to late for me to join?
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2010, 11:49:31 AM »
Dhyran and I are set to duel today at 3:00pm EST (9:00pm CET?)... Getting antsy.  :D
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
SkyRock and i had a duel set for last Wen. i showed up 30 minutes early and waited for 1 hour and 20 minutes. i have PM SkyRock and still no answer.

now this does not say SkyRock is avoiding me, i just hope everything is ok. he seemed like he was looking foward to the fight.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2010, 01:56:53 PM »
BE:  Redd and I are scheduled for 8PM Eastern US on Sunday evening.

-----------------

PS:  "Dumping ammo" is fairly common and, personally, I don't see it as a problem since it reduces effectiveness in one area for an improvement in another.  In effect, the player is reducing his gross lethality (negative impact) for a reduction in weight (positive impact).  

It's a player-controlled "trade" in my mind and has no truly adverse impact.

Besides - the savings in weight gained will hardly be deciding factor in any fight.  It's more a psychological advantage than anything else.  You could "dump" weight by flying to the merge on full WEP instead of 100% Mil, as well.  That's nothing more than a trade off between WEP time (negative impact) and weight (positive impact).

Variables make the duels interesting.   :aok

SkyRock and i had a duel set for last Wen. i showed up 30 minutes early and waited for 1 hour and 20 minutes. i have PM SkyRock and still no answer.

now this does not say SkyRock is avoiding me, i just hope everything is ok. he seemed like he was looking foward to the fight.

I will give him a call.  If he missed the time, he had a good reason.  Apologies on his behalf.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #324 on: February 12, 2010, 02:21:10 PM »
Dhyran and I are set to duel today at 3:00pm EST (9:00pm CET?)... Getting antsy.  :D

P51b - cursed - good fight, at least i crashed into a canyon wall  :cool:
seafire - dhyran - turning game, i picked cursed fuel so he crashed later with fuel out
F6F5 - cursed - cursed maked the better opening move, we endend up down the canyon, he shot my tail off

Good fights  :salute

and good Luck with the next round cursed

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #325 on: February 12, 2010, 02:22:04 PM »
I think dumping ammo on the sly is a bit cheap, should be agreed on by both contestants or at the very least, announced by the dumpee. It would make a huge difference in some planes with heavy gun packages. There is no reduction in lethality in something like an F4u or P47, jusst a reduction in weight. But then if everyone is going to do it, it has to be done. Just my opinion.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2010, 02:25:43 PM »
P51b - cursed - good fight, at least i crashed into a canyon wall  :cool:
seafire - dhyran - turning game, i picked cursed fuel so he crashed later with fuel out
F6F5 - cursed - cursed maked the better opening move, we endend up down the canyon, he shot my tail off

Good fights  :salute

and good Luck with the next round cursed

Dhyran,

Was great meeting you - the duels were excellent! Seafire duel sticks out in my mind. :aok

Hope to do this with you again in the future, Sir.

Cursed
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
They would have to watch the first 3 minutes or so until the merge from both planes for a total of six minutes or almost 10 hours of film review to enforce this for this week. 
I have been turning on the recorder at visual (dot) range.  Should I have been recording from launch?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »
still havent seen ivancrazy on anywhere.....You still out there ivan???

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #329 on: February 12, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
I think dumping ammo on the sly is a bit cheap, should be agreed on by both contestants or at the very least, announced by the dumpee. It would make a huge difference in some planes with heavy gun packages. There is no reduction in lethality in something like an F4u or P47, jusst a reduction in weight. But then if everyone is going to do it, it has to be done. Just my opinion.

You really think it gives any advantage?  It's like a runner shaving his legs before a big race to get an edge.