Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42637 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »
krazivan was in the DA last night.

Sorry you guys last night that was dueling. My connection went to hell and back, then back to hell. Had lots of fun last night.

<S> Redd, those fights were long as hell lol.

Now that i know how to spell his name ill look for him today. Thank you!

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
Jbecks had RL and couldn't make our duel, he PM'ed offering to forfeit.  I sent another PM to try and reschedule, never heard back.  Bit of a drag since the F4U was such a favorable draw for me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:12:52 PM by shiv »
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
just for giggles :)

Mossie 25% fuel and full ammo - 17,913 lbs
Mossie 25% fuel and all 303s gone - 17,711lbs
Mossie 25% fuel and enough 20mm for a kill - 17,291lbs

so not as much of a dif as the jug but still it's an advantage of just over 600lbs

as grizz says, it's not much in most planes but it is in some.

Thx for proving me wrong, it is definitely an advantage in the jugs.  I think the best way to look at it is the ratios of weight being fired off, not necessarily the poundage.  In the case of the mossy, dumping ammo with 'enough to kill' gives only a 4.5% decrease in weight.  As for the jug, dumping ammo gives 7.5% decrease in weight.  As far as trying to establish some sort of a guideline for which gives 'noticeable advantage', I'd say >5% decrease in weight = noticeable advantage, <5% negligible advantage.  

As far as these types of rules in a tournament like this with nothing on the line?  Meh, no need for it.  If you get a jug as your dueling aircraft, dump ammo!  

P.S. I'm willing to bet the 110G might also gain a nice advantage also but since it is already a heavy 2 engined aircraft, the percentage difference in weights might be similar to that of the mossy, <5%.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
Me and SWneo have yet to fight, I am hoping to get our fights in tonight though.

I pm'ed him and let him know I would be popping in and out most of the night.

Hopefully our paths will cross...

Strip

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »

with all this talk of ammo dumping.......
It all makes sense to me now....I never seem to be able to saddle up nicely on a con until I have nothing to hit him with......now I understand why  :lol :lol :lol :lol....If only I could whip out that .45
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 05:17:41 PM by SPKmes »

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
Kazaa I sent you a PM, did you receive it?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #381 on: February 14, 2010, 05:30:35 PM »
Jbecks had RL and couldn't make our duel, he PM'ed offering to forfeit.  I sent another PM to try and reschedule, never heard back.  Bit of a drag since the F4U was such a favorable draw for me.

he's on the boards right now & he just posted in AvsA forum @ around 5:43 pm EST......

see if ya'll can make this happen..... these forfeits are gettting ridiculous.......

come on peoples
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #382 on: February 14, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »
Now that i know how to spell his name ill look for him today. Thank you!

thats the wrong krazyivn this guy is in my squad and not in the turny at all. the one your looking for is CRAZYiVN wtih the Hells Angels
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »
thats the wrong krazyivn this guy is in my squad and not in the turny at all. the one your looking for is CRAZYiVN wtih the Hells Angels

doh  :o
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
pwnt!    :eek:

Niki - Redd
K4 - Redd

Great fights, bud.  You need to put on a 'Rolling Scissor-Avoidance Clinic'  ;)  <S>

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
SWneo,

It was fun sir, sorry I had to jump in and out (again), life is pretty busy at the moment.

It should slow down this week though, if you want to jump in for some fun runs later on let me know.

<S>

Strip

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2010, 07:14:44 PM »
pwnt!    :eek:

Niki - Redd
K4 - Redd

Great fights, bud.  You need to put on a 'Rolling Scissor-Avoidance Clinic'  ;)  <S>

Good fights Mazz  !   <S>   Whenever I rolling scissor with you 109k guys I get 30mm up the clacker  ;)

I come from a land downunder

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »
I haven't heard anything from Snaphook. Don't look like our duel is going to happen   :frown:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:53:31 PM by uptown »
Charlie don't surf!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2010, 07:35:26 PM »
JOACH1M posted this in the 3rd  Tri-annual Bracket    sign Up  thread

C.205 - Drkn
Bf109F - Drkn

possible alt. voilations?

JOACH1M, why did you bump that thread ....it was on a few pages back

anyways........

The  Tournament Review Committee & BaldEagl need you to post your Duel films for your fights, see below quote:

Following is a PM sent in the matter of Drkn vs JOACH1M:

JOACH1M,

Since you lost your duels with Drkn but didn't post the results to confirm the loss, Drkn was asked to submit films to verify his win.  The Review Committee has identified rules violations on the part of Drkn, specifically breaking the pre-merge cieling in both duels.

We request that you submit your films for further review.  We need those films no later than midnight Monday.  If no rules violations are found in your films then Drkn's wins will be disqualified and you will advance provided your films are from take-off (even if they aren't please submit them).  If there are rules violations by both parties then the review committee will take appropriate action which could include a re-match, a random draw or ejection from the tournamnet of one or both participants.  If your films are not submitted by midnight Monday it will be assumed that they also contain rules violations and a decision will be made appropriately.

I am also posting this in the Bracket and Results thread.

All Committee members and alternate Committee members have been copied on this PM.

need to post your films here, or email them to BaldEagl for the Review Committee

Thank You
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:08:12 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline -Draken-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2010, 09:24:31 PM »
I'll just forfeit, save everone some time :) <S>