Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42690 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #405 on: February 15, 2010, 11:08:44 AM »
Here are the films...

SWneo1

SWneo2

Strip

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2010, 11:39:25 AM »
Oh my this has been a busy week!  I'll get right to business.

After the last update Bearkats forfeit the first round and batfinkv advanced.
WMSol won a random draw but subsequently forfeit advancing cactus into the second round.

After hlbly didn't post the results of his loss to Strip it was discovered that the duels had taken place in the wrong area of the DA and at the wrong altitudes.  This led to a review committee determination that the films posted by Strip to confirm his wins were "within the spirit of the tournament" (i.e. guns cold, co-alt merge, etc.) and that Strip won those duels but that Strip had jumped the gun in fighting SWneo in the second round and that those duels needed to be re-fought.

More importantly the committee weighed in on the duel's violations of the official tournament rules and determined that any future violation of the rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.

Immediately afterward Drkn posted results of his wins and, since JOACH1M failed to post the results, films to verify them.

It was determined that Drkn had broken the alt ceiling in both duels and there was speculation that JOACH1M may have done the same.  A debate raged behind the scenes with some committee members strongly urging the ejection of both players from the tournament with others recommending a rematch or a random draw.  Without JOACHIM's films and not wanting to rely on speculation I went to the DA last night and tested the C.205 in the canyon area at 25% fuel.  On a standard climb-out and leveling at 10K I reached the mid-point between the fields within 1 mph of JOACHIM's speed as shown in Drkn's film.  While the committee hasn't weighed in again after my test I am going to make a decision on their behalf.  I don't believe JOACH1M broke the alt ceiling based on my test results therefore Drkn's wins are disqualified and JOACH1M advances.

This brings us to the following rules changes:

The rule:

- Both players will film all duels in case of a dispute.

Will immediately and for all future tournaments be changed to:

- Both players will film all duels from take-off in case of a dispute.  These films must be saved until at least midnight on the Tuesday following the duel or until 48 hours after the end of any extension in case of a dispute.  If a dispute arises then they must be saved until such dispute is settled.

In addition, the following rule:

- In the case of contested results both player’s films will be reviewed by the review committee and a determination will be posted no later than 48 hours after the initial posting deadline.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made a winner will be selected by random draw.  The review committee's determination will be final.  Because this will delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.  In any case, the next duels deadlines WILL NOT be delayed.

Will be immediately replaced for this and future tournaments by the following:

- Each player has the opportunity to review films of their duels for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can petition the review committee via PM.  Both regular and alternate committee members, the tournament administrator and the opposing player must be copied on the petition (the review committee members and administrator are listed in the roster).  This petition must be filed by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a posting of their own films with the petition along with a description of what they believe the rules violation to be.  An initial determination will be made within 36 hours of the petition.  If the review committee finds sufficient evidence to further their investigation a committee spokesperson will contact the opposing player for their films of the duels.  These films must be submitted within 36 hours of the committee's request or the duel(s) in question will be forfeit by that player.  The review committee will then make a final determination no later than 36 hours after receiving those films.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made the review committee will determine an appropriate course of action which could include a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the tournament.  These are not intended to limit the actions that the review committee might recommend.  The review committee's determination will be final.  In any case a final determination will be posted by no later than noon Friday in a worst-case scenario.  If a final determination is not posted by midnight Wednesday the winner of the dispute and their next opponent will automatically be given a 48 hour extension of their next duels, which must then be completed no later that midnight Tuesday of the following week.  If a determination is made by midnight Wednesday the normal midnight Sunday deadline will be in effect.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.  
- Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.

Earlier this week I responded to this comment: "I have been turning on the recorder at visual (dot) range.  Should I have been recording from launch?" with "Nope.  No need".  Obviously this has now changed.

I also had a PM exchange this week with TW9 who had shot the wing off his opponent's plane making it unflyable but then collided making his own plane unflyable.  He stated that there was no definition of a win in the rules and, after a brief glance I agreed, however, after further review there is a definition in the rules and the following rules would have applied in his case:

- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same  
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.

I bring this up because I told him that I'd add a definition to the rules but it's already there.

In accordance with the following rule:

- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested.

Strip and Bruv119 have both posted results as winners and are, for now, both considered contested.  Both have posted films and I need the review committee to verify the wins by no later than midnight Tuesday before I assign aircraft for the next round.

Jbecks forfeit his match this week and therefore shiv advances.

Based on the following rule:

- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time and a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.

kilz
C.202
SkyRock
kilz posted numerous times and PM'd me showing that they had a Wednesday duel arranged that Skyrock didn't make while Skyrock has failed to post anything in this thread so kilz advances.

In accordance with the following rule:

- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in this thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.

The following unfought duels were determined by random draw:

Manurin - Advances
La-5FN
L0nGb0w
L0nGb0w posted 2/14 inside the 48 hour window

Mensa
Yak-9U
Kazaa - Advances
Both players posted 2/14 inside the 48 hour window

MANPLESR - Advances
Hurricane Mk IIC
rattler2
Neither player has posted all week.

The following unfought duels are being granted 48 hour extensions as both players in both cases have made numerous posts in this thread attempting to schedule their duels.  These duels must be completed by midnight Tuesday:

DBCooper
I-16
Snaphook
Snaphook will forfeit if the duel cannot be completed.

CRAZYiVN
N1K2-J
Jolly01
Jolly, I suggest you visit the roster in the first post of this thread if you don't know a player’s in-game and BBs names.  This duel will be subjected to a random draw if not completed.

Speaking of that I had CRAZYiVN's in-game name just ever so slightly wrong.  It's actually CRAZYiVN.

And so, here's the bracket update.  Congrats to last weeks winners:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:49:43 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
Strip and I fought...  I lost decisively..  Can figure out how to post films.

But I witness the donut whooping first hand
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »

You Upload to mediafire or similar and then post the link here.....

Man Baldeagl....and to think...you do this all off your own back.....you must be a good and patient Dad...and if you are not one...would definitely make one...   :cheers::salute....

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »

OK.  No need to review those films then.  The next match-up is:

Strip
P-40B
MANPLESR

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »
You Upload to mediafire or similar and then post the link here.....

Man Baldeagl....and to think...you do this all off your own back.....you must be a good and patient Dad...and if you are not one...would definitely make one...   :cheers: &  :salute....

I have to admit I was questioning this morning why I do this.  Last week was the least fun I've had running one of these and I couldn't even tell the whole story because I didn't want to go over the 10,000 charachter post limit.

Maybe the worst part is having to go through every post between updates to see who was and who wasn't trying to arrange duels for those that didn't get them in and then determining how the rules apply to determine who advances.  If everyone got their duels in on time it would really help me out as this update took me 4 hours to complete.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:12:16 PM by BaldEagl »

Offline -Draken-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #411 on: February 15, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
Again my apologies for messing up.. twice! I didn't even realise I had broke the alt cap in the first duel, at least until I was asked to post it.
I figured I had saved the second duel by being at 10k and at a ~50mph speed deficit at icon range. Ah well.

Good luck all <S>

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #412 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:09 PM »
Again my apologies for messing up.. twice! I didn't even realise I had broke the alt cap in the first duel, at least until I was asked to post it.
I figured I had saved the second duel by being at 10k and at a ~50mph speed deficit at icon range. Ah well.

Good luck all <S>

Just FYI most of us did agree that your violation of the alt ceiling didn't actually influence the outcome of the fights but they were violations nonetheless and as such constituted grounds for disqualification.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #413 on: February 15, 2010, 12:19:26 PM »
Baldeagl,

Mensa and myself have arranged a duel in a couple of hours time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:22:39 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #414 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »
Baldeagl,

Mensa and myself have arranged a duel in a couple of hours time.

OK then I'll let you get it in.  You have until midnight Tuesday.  If not completed by then a new random draw will determine a winner.

A new plane will be assigned for the winner vs dedalos so don't jump ahead until you have a new plane assignment for that duel.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:34:11 PM by BaldEagl »

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #415 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »
Tupac,

Lets get this done mate, before Thursday if possible, I am hoping to avoid another Sunday/Monday fight, will send a PM....

Strip

Offline -Draken-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #416 on: February 15, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »
Just FYI most of us did agree that your violation of the alt ceiling didn't actually influence the outcome of the fights but they were violations nonetheless and as such constituted grounds for disqualification.

Roger that. Gonna have to fire the mechanic who put my beer holder in front of the altimeter  ;)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #417 on: February 15, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
I have to admit I was questioning this morning why I do this.  Last week was the least fun I've had running one of these and I couldn't even tell the whole story because I didn't want to go over the 10,000 charachter post limit.
BaldEagl, you are doing a great job.   :salute

For what it's worth, when I duel, the standard rules are 'BaldEagl' rules.  You are the Marquess of Queensbury in the AH world.

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #418 on: February 15, 2010, 01:47:38 PM »
I had scheduled via pm to meet manurin today at ~2:30 CST, I see that you already did a random draw but I'd like to actually do the duel.  I'm sittin in the DA right now waiting and would like the same chance a few others were given to get our duel done.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:43:16 PM by L0nGb0w »
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #419 on: February 15, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
Here are the films...

SWneo1

SWneo2

Strip
Im having a problem viewing these films, anyone else? It opens but then Strip just augers..........
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"