Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42665 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #540 on: February 21, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »
It appears I will not be able to get my duel in with Tupac/Manplesr.

Not for a lack of effort on my part though....

Strip

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #541 on: February 21, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »
Good fun AAJagerX!  Was going through films and figured I'd post this one.  Has to be the closest I've ever been (external view) without a collision message!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ez4kqnxnigm

:salute 11

No doubt man, I couldn't believe we didn't hit.  I laughed my arse off when I watched it for the first time.  I knew we were close, but that was just ridiculous!

:salute
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
That was close your wing went between his wing and tail.

but...

I saw some HOing in there on the merges :salute

Not quite a ho, but was close.  Any shot I get against JB11, I'm taking it.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #543 on: February 21, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
L0nGb0w if your reading this thread i have been in the MA's for hours waiting for you to show up. you said you where on afternoon to evening. i will pop back in the ma in a couple of hours. i even woke up early to make your time zone dang it
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #544 on: February 21, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
If anyone hears of any 2weekers or number guys touney let me know. I could possibly make it into the quarter finals in that one. :(
Charlie don't surf!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #545 on: February 21, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »
Not quite a ho, but was close.  Any shot I get against JB11, I'm taking it.

The rules do state that anything goes after the first merge. But that don't make it right.....just my 2 cents  :salute
Charlie don't surf!

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #546 on: February 21, 2010, 09:48:27 PM »
come on L0nGb0w lets do this already. I finaly get a nice default plane P47M and no one to fight in it. BE i have been online for 6 hours now and going to wait maybe another three but thats it i have to get some rest as well
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #547 on: February 21, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »
my bad, power been out almost all day, I'm back up and running and will be online shortly here.
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #548 on: February 21, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »
The rules do state that anything goes after the first merge. But that don't make it right.....just my 2 cents  :salute

Fight JB11.  Then you shall understand.

On my vid it clearly wasn't a ho...  Just one of those fabled low angle merge deflection shots.   :devil

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #549 on: February 21, 2010, 11:57:21 PM »
P47M L0nGb0w
A6M5B L0nGb0w

i misunderstood the rules i thought we had to stay 10k till the merge. i didnt know we could dive down to pick up E when in Icon range. Salute longbow good fights

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=532230

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=532229
Former LTARkilz

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2010, 08:14:04 AM »
i misunderstood the rules i thought we had to stay 10k till the merge. i didnt know we could dive down to pick up E when in Icon range.

- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling at all times prior to the merge.

The merge dive is a dueling standard used by many if not most duelers.  Now you know.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #551 on: February 22, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »
This week went much smoother than the week prior.  No drama, no hours searching to see who posted what because duels weren't fought, PM's were at a manageable level... whew!  I wish every week of the tournament went that smoothly.

I think the review committee issues are worked out.  I appreciate the offers of assistance and if the situation warrants it I'll keep those offers in mind.

There was some talk this week about segmenting off European and possibly even Asian/Australian players into their own areas of the bracket to accomodate time zone differentials in future tournaments but after a short poll in another thread I'm scrapping that idea and we'll continue with the current format.

There was an issue brought to my attention in the SEraider/Bruv119 duels that I need to address.  In at least one of the duels Bruv was at 9K pre-merge (pre icon range).  I reviewed the films when the review committee didn't respond and advanced Bruv.  At the time I wasn't thinking of being below pre-merge cielings as an advantage although it could be.  In retrospect I made a mistake in letting Bruv through and that/those duels should have been re-fought but I won't force that issue at this point.  Just be aware, in the future you must be at the 10K pre-merge alt (within reason) until icon range.

In this weeks only unfought duel Strip advances with no posts from MANPLESR.

So that's it for news. 

This is the final week of Elimination Rounds and will be a big week as the winners will advance to the Quarterfinal round (you can tell it's big because it's a different color in the bracket  ;) ).  Only one player has made the QF's in each of the last two tournaments (batfinkv).  He has a chance to add a third to that this week while three others (JB11, Sunsfan, TonyJoey) each have a chance to make their second QF.  No matter if they make it or are denied the entire lower half of the bracket will be first time Quarterfinalists.

It's time to seperate the contenders from the pretenders.  Here's the updated bracket:

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #552 on: February 22, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »
Good fights kilz  :salute
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #553 on: February 22, 2010, 10:23:51 AM »
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling at all times prior to the merge.

The merge dive is a dueling standard used by many if not most duelers.  Now you know.

i wasnt whining nor b|tching was simply stating
Former LTARkilz

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #554 on: February 22, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »
Good fights kilz  :salute

:salute good luck with the rest of the turny
Former LTARkilz