Author Topic: Ords Bunker Hardness  (Read 1289 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Re: Ords Bunker Hardness
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 02:50:49 PM »
Get off your lazy ars and fly from another field and kill him.... or better yet kill him with a Hurri IID or a B25H or an IL-2 with there guns before he get to the field. All above listed aircraft can kill ANY tank if used properly with just its GUN

If your too lazy or slow or, or too poor a player to kill a GV with the available options you derserve to get spawn camped on the runway for the 15min it takes a VH to come up after its taken out.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »
Instead of hardening the ammo bunkers why not just add more? Scatter oh, say 75 or 80 around the field. They can't possibly take them all out. It cuts down on the resupply thing too.  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 03:18:35 PM »
Just to put it in perspective how fast these 250lb are gunned down:

Single .50 = 18 seconds

6 x .50 = 3 seconds

2 x Hispanos = 2,5 seconds

4 x 151/20 = 1,5 seconds

You get the idea. It's a non issue.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 03:52:19 PM »
Kill the ords to stop the hordes!!. Keep in mind that you have to be careful what you wish for. If we hardened the ammo bunkers today, you might be able to bomb them GVs or CVsharrasing you. Tommorow though, whats gonna keep them guys off of keeping your hangers down because its too tough to kill THEIR ords?'
Many o' times Ive seen the hordes pack up and move off to some other target because you killed their ords, "I cant kill them hangers, Im certainly not gonna fight em"
Honestly, how many times you hear the cries of "NOONE EVER PORKS", now. Imagine if it were to be more difficult.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »
Get off your lazy ars and fly from another field and kill him.... or better yet kill him with a Hurri IID or a B25H or an IL-2 with there guns before he get to the field. All above listed aircraft can kill ANY tank if used properly with just its GUN

If your too lazy or slow or, or too poor a player to kill a GV with the available options you derserve to get spawn camped on the runway for the 15min it takes a VH to come up after its taken out.

That's fine until a flak shows up.  One on one and the odds are not in your favor.  Unless you can fly on a rope and nail them from way out.

Kill the ords to stop the hordes!!. Keep in mind that you have to be careful what you wish for. If we hardened the ammo bunkers today, you might be able to bomb them GVs or CVsharrasing you. Tommorow though, whats gonna keep them guys off of keeping your hangers down because its too tough to kill THEIR ords?'
Many o' times Ive seen the hordes pack up and move off to some other target because you killed their ords, "I cant kill them hangers, Im certainly not gonna fight em"
Honestly, how many times you hear the cries of "NOONE EVER PORKS", now. Imagine if it were to be more difficult.

They can bring bombs from more distant bases if you take down their ords. They will still bomb you.  But, if the bunkers are tougher, you can better fight wirbles and (much more importantly) kill the troops on the attackers field.  Killing their troops is much more significant and sends them looking for an easier target.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
(Ostwind) 15.6

That needs checked.

It takes (and has always taken) 20 rounds from an Osti to drop a town building.

It has to between 12.5 and 13.4 ish.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
That needs checked.

A town building has a hardness of 0.3125 (x1000lbs)
312.5/20=15.625
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »
Maybe the key word here is Bunker.  That usually refers to an underground or reinforced concrete structure.  So should it be ordinance storage area instead with little or no added protection other than built up berms.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »
312.5/20=15.625

Ahh that is right.

I had forgotten about the damage multiplier for smaller ord.

(i.e. 4x250lbs or 2x500lbs do more damage than 1x1,000)

My bad.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »
Hate to disagree with Lusche (usually causes me to look foolish) but I'm with Lute on this one.  I just tried it offline, 20 rounds from the Osti took ~13 seconds.

That needs checked.

312.5/20=15.625

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »
Aren't we talking about the Ostwind in this specific example?

Ahh that is right.

I had forgotten about the damage multiplier for smaller ord.

(i.e. 4x250lbs or 2x500lbs do more damage than 1x1,000)

My bad.
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 06:13:37 PM »
Hate to disagree with Lusche (usually causes me to look foolish) but I'm with Lute on this one.  I just tried it offline, 20 rounds from the Osti took ~13 seconds.

What has the time to do with this?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 06:16:42 PM »
What has the time to do with this?
Think he mighta confused himself with 15 and 13...thinking you were talking time or something...no clue.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
A single flak or Tank spawns near the base and drives over and shoots the ords out (or they are shot out by a single plane). This forces machine gun/ cannon attacks to clear him out which result in many dead planes before someone gets him.  Often a good fight between two bases can turned on the appearance of a single Wirble.

So up a Panzer or T34 and kill the Wirbel. Problem solved.

On the other hand, yeah, a coordinated assault by armor, Wirbels, and planes killing the ords, VH, and ack can shut down a field if the defense isn't rapid and strong enough. I don't see that as a problem. But a single Wirbel? Never, except possibly an undefended small field.

Option 3 is to take off from another base (usually a sector or more away and fly back with ords, only to have the GV re-up in seconds.

The GV doesn't re-up anywhere near the field in seconds. Depending on the spawn and the distance between the fields, it's likely to take him longer to drive in from the spawn than it takes you to get there with ords.

I do think the HE equivalency of everything below 37mm is too high.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 06:18:45 PM »
Give Spikes a beer........  :cheers:   I am so darn stupid today.

Think he mighta confused himself with 15 and 13...thinking you were talking time or something...no clue.
See Rule #4