Author Topic: AVA ww1 arena  (Read 5066 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: AVA ww1 arena
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Oh do fill me in on what "they" want.

Your attitude for one thing  :lol

I know what I don't like about it so no need for your sarcasm.  Did you ever think that if people liked what was there it would be the MA that was empty and the AvA full?  On the other hand, if you found a set up that brings people in then great.  That does not mean I will or will not like it, but I will know better than you either way.

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »
"Did you ever think that if people liked what was there it would be the MA that"
was empty and the AvA full? "

If I turned Legal Seafood (restaurant) into a Burger King more people would
eat there. 

The MA being "fuller" is only testament that more people have bland taste and
are simple lemmings.  When asked most will say that "they'd fly in arena xxx
but it doesn't have plane YYYY with the hizooka cannons" or "my squat doesn't
fly there so I don't" 

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
"Did you ever think that if people liked what was there it would be the MA that"
was empty and the AvA full? "

If I turned Legal Seafood (restaurant) into a Burger King more people would
eat there. 

The MA being "fuller" is only testament that more people have bland taste and
are simple lemmings.  When asked most will say that "they'd fly in arena xxx
but it doesn't have plane YYYY with the hizooka cannons" or "my squat doesn't
fly there so I don't" 

Maybe true, but that is what they like. 

So, every one is blah except the few that visit the AvA ehh?  :lol  You realize only a small percentage visits the forums and an even smaller has ever responded to that question?  So small, that AvA posts need to be in this forum instead of the AvA forum. 

Actually, "most" have not responded with what you said. 

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
Dedalos, you forgot to mention there are a large number who do not even know there are forums...still Westy is right in his assessment...subject posts like this one and the HO postings are testament to the fact that "lemming" is easier than standing outside of the "accepted norms".

But someone has to do it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
Heheh it has been my experience that whenever one side of a debate has to resort to "name calling" (airquake, lemmings, idiots, run of the mill etc etc) they feel that they are losing the debate.  The facts are that almost EVERY combat flight sim I have ever played has or had some type of icon to identify the enemy, why???  One would be led to believe by the propents of no icons that it is the "superior" method of game play but yet most, if not all, game producers seem to disagree.

Maybe the lemming dollars out number the "elite" dollars????
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2010, 04:04:37 PM »
the No Enemy Icons on the other hand is working out great. people are having fun with it and thats all that counts. when that changes, the AVA will change with it.

Glad some like it, let me know via the AvsA forum when it finally goes back to having at least "short icon" range......so I can come back and enjoy the one Arena I only cared about outside of SEA and TA .....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »
Your attitude for one thing  :lol

I know what I don't like about it so no need for your sarcasm.  Did you ever think that if people liked what was there it would be the MA that was empty and the AvA full?  On the other hand, if you found a set up that brings people in then great.  That does not mean I will or will not like it, but I will know better than you either way.

I was not aware you had carte blanche on sarcasm, I'll make a note of your displeasure. I'm willing to bet no matter the set up or atmosphere of the AvA you would feel the need to complain. Comparing MA numbers vs the AvA is stupid and weak on your part. Everyone knows why there are more people in the MA's then any other arena. You get to fly what you want when you want. What's the big mystery there dedalos? I'm pretty sure the majority of AvA regulars over the years never cared to or expected to have MA numbers. It's was just another option on the menu. And if you're so enlightened why don't you step in and run the AvA?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Laissez les bons temps rouler
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
OK, folks, let's move along now, nothing to see here.

- oldman

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »
lol Oldman looking forward to seeing all the guys next week, looks like a fun set-up
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »
I was not aware you had carte blanche on sarcasm, I'll make a note of your displeasure. I'm willing to bet no matter the set up or atmosphere of the AvA you would feel the need to complain. Comparing MA numbers vs the AvA is stupid and weak on your part. Everyone knows why there are more people in the MA's then any other arena. You get to fly what you want when you want. What's the big mystery there dedalos? I'm pretty sure the majority of AvA regulars over the years never cared to or expected to have MA numbers. It's was just another option on the menu. And if you're so enlightened why don't you step in and run the AvA?

See what I mean by attitude?  Any disagreement what so ever and the gloves come off lol.  Maybe if you listened to your customers you would have a few coming in there all the time like they used to.

As far as running the AvA, I know I don;t have the time or the ability.  Maybe others should realize their limitations also?

Now, lets move this thread to the AvA forum so it dies off lol

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24:12 AM »
Please do start a new thread so I can help you with your misconceptions.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
Please do start a new thread so I can help you with your misconceptions.

ohhh comon, you can do better than that  :lol

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »
You're gonna try the AvA tonight right Dedalos? A bunch of us will be in there around 9-ish Central time...hopefully earlier.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
You're gonna try the AvA tonight right Dedalos? A bunch of us will be in there around 9-ish Central time...hopefully earlier.

If work allows it and  nothing else going on, I will.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »
See what I mean by attitude?  Any disagreement what so ever and the gloves come off lol.  Maybe if you listened to your customers you would have a few coming in there all the time like they used to.

You take shots at the AvA every chance you get and then complain about someone daring to give you attitude? Are there certain rules when engaging you in a disagreements I'm not aware of? I get you displeasure with the AvA. It's soured too many people for too long and it may indeed be a lost cause. However a lot of the nonsense we endured/took part in just isn't there and has not been for months. Has it turned a corner? No clue, seems that way but I've been fooled before. What I do know is there are people, new faces, who have taken an interest in the place. The numbers are still low to none but the few times I have got to fly in there lately It's been fun. And this goes back to why "the gloves have come off" or however you want to look at it. If they have something going what is to you or any of the other griefers who throw there 2 cents in AvA threads? If it's bringing a group of guys in there who are enjoying whatever the set ups are then so be it. If it's not for you then why feel the need to try and undermine the thing? I could care less about KOTH for a few reason but I don't feel the need to interject everytime I see a KOTH post in here.

And you comment about not listening to what the customers want is complete bs. That's one thing the AvA Staff may have done too much of. Trying to please everyone with rolling plane sets, war scenarios, "Fightertown" ,historical, non historical,alternate history's, free cake, etc. The guys on the Staff are nothing but receptive to input.

And if your issue is with me, I am only a reserve Staffer and I don't have much to do with the set ups other than some input now and again. Oldman, Soda, Jaeger, Fork, and Fudgums do the heavy lifting.