Author Topic: Perk pts in the dueling arena  (Read 2737 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Perk pts in the dueling arena
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 02:20:23 PM »
Ok, let's dance.

You're not dancing.  :cry
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »
200 mph winds at 5000 ft would help.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline justIN

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 07:56:14 PM »
Well since they took out the scoring and now you cant tell how much  improvement you have gained or judge if your hit/kill ratio has improved,why not just give the DA unlimited fuel,ammo,no damage.Since it is a dueling practice place???A place where one can learn to acm and duel to get better but cant even check the progress one has made,it has become a lake just like the training arena.What fun the DA has become 11 temps out of 23- 35 people in there  how can one get a decent furball going?Nothing but 10k drops and when you try to engage a temp they run soon as you turn back to the furball temps comes back soon as your slow and low pegged by 2-3 of them once you work so hard to get ones 6 guess what the temp comes in at 8k at 400 when your at 150 slow with no E to turn much.The DA might as well become the TEMPY lake only relief one gets from the temps is 1v1 but over time 1v1 is a burn out can only handle 25 or so a day.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »
I know Justin administators going lunny they want everyone in the MA and it isnt going to happen.  Some people want to furball not fly for 20 min.  but what do I know I'm just a customer that pays my $15. 

Well since they took out the scoring and now you cant tell how much  improvement you have gained or judge if your hit/kill ratio has improved,why not just give the DA unlimited fuel,ammo,no damage.Since it is a dueling practice place???A place where one can learn to acm and duel to get better but cant even check the progress one has made,it has become a lake just like the training arena.What fun the DA has become 11 temps out of 23- 35 people in there  how can one get a decent furball going?Nothing but 10k drops and when you try to engage a temp they run soon as you turn back to the furball temps comes back soon as your slow and low pegged by 2-3 of them once you work so hard to get ones 6 guess what the temp comes in at 8k at 400 when your at 150 slow with no E to turn much.The DA might as well become the TEMPY lake only relief one gets from the temps is 1v1 but over time 1v1 is a burn out can only handle 25 or so a day.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2010, 04:03:59 AM »
Skuzzy and HTC in general, ur friend SunBat would like to duel you for an answer.  Yes, I hereby challenge HTC's rep  (whoever that may be) to a duel in the DA for an answer to my question.  I have played this game for a while and have had a few accounts to my name for me, my wife and a few shades here and there for my general enjoyment. I figure all of that comes out to around $2k, US.  I figure that at least entitles me to one duel since I have never asked for anything else all these years.  If I win, u answer, if you win, you remain silent. K?  K.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:11:47 AM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 06:53:03 AM »
Ok, let's dance.

We put up an arena with all the planes available from WW2.

Next day, the board will be ripe with complaints about nothing but jets being flown around and lo, the cries for disabling it would be far and wide.  So we disable them.

Next day, the board would be ripe with complaints about the Tempest and C-Hogs, and lo, the cries for disabling them would be far and wide.  The cry, "No one can have a decent fight with those planes enabled", and so they are.

Next day, the board is ripe with the cries of bombers being used as ack-stars and lo, the cries would rise up from the land in a manner not unlike a Tsunami.  The cry, "Bombers have to go!!" would be the banner waved, and so they would.

Next day....

ad infinitum.

We already had to deal with that with the DA players.  Keep in mind, the call is not mine to make.  However, I would argue it would be more trouble than it would be worth.

WW1 gives you what you want, in terms of gameplay.  The 4 planes in there are pretty competitive with each other.
Hey skuzzy i completely understand your reasoning behind dropping the perkies in the DA but the thing is is why not have a separate perk point usage for the DA alone? and only lower the amount used in tempests and Chogs and 4hogs and sporkteens? then we can still have the noobs flying their uber annoying tempies for a price of say 15 for temps and 3-5 for the hogs and spit XIV and at the same time allow everyone happy that the perks ARE there at the moment from whining that youre taking them out? all that explaining can be simplified to the word compromise :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Scoring in DA and squads  :rofl

There are the problems.

The problem is that Aces High is a game in it's full totality.  It amazes me that grown men find a difference having fun in the MA v.s. the DA and puts down the guys who fly in the DA.  Fun is Fun find it where you can get it.  Another problem is that the guys who don't fly in the DA put it upon them self to try and put opinions on what the lake should be like.  Stick to what you know and not what you think you know. 

Scoring in the DA wasn't a problem and squads in the DA wasn't a problem.  We fly and give check 6's and have a website where we interact as friends and even have had a conference in Chattanooga.  Whats funny the most is that Grown Men in Aces High just like in School try to separate the jocks and nerds  :rofl
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »
I think the resentment of the DA squads stems directly from the shutting down of H2H. The Area51 crowd moved into the DA and set up shop at the lake. The old guard that used to go to the DA for ACM training and such, soon found that the days of fair fights were gone. Now, every con in the area will dive in on a lone red guy over and over again until they have enough kills to land. And then they're showered in WTGs as if they did something great.

But when they get bored with that and want more from their game, who do they go to? The Shufflers, Grizzs, Bruvs and TonyJoeys of the game, that's who. I don't see anyone asking Fatdog, Rowdy or EAce for training.

Yesterday I engaged a high P38 while 3 fellow countrymen looked on. I tore the 38 up pretty good, he broke off and i did not chase as he put up a good fight and deserved to rtb. He was beat. He knew it and I knew it. But as he's leaving the 3 boys looking on chased him down to finish him off.  :lol 3 of them! The 38 had parts gone everywhere as well as oil and fuel leaks. That's just uncalled for IMO. I don't understand the mentality of that kind of thing.

Lighten up Francis

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »
I think the resentment of the DA squads stems directly from the shutting down of H2H. The Area51 crowd moved into the DA and set up shop at the lake. The old guard that used to go to the DA for ACM training and such, soon found that the days of fair fights were gone. Now, every con in the area will dive in on a lone red guy over and over again until they have enough kills to land. And then they're showered in WTGs as if they did something great.

But when they get bored with that and want more from their game, who do they go to? The Shufflers, Grizzs, Bruvs and TonyJoeys of the game, that's who. I don't see anyone asking Fatdog, Rowdy or EAce for training.

Yesterday I engaged a high P38 while 3 fellow countrymen looked on. I tore the 38 up pretty good, he broke off and i did not chase as he put up a good fight and deserved to rtb. He was beat. He knew it and I knew it. But as he's leaving the 3 boys looking on chased him down to finish him off.  :lol 3 of them! The 38 had parts gone everywhere as well as oil and fuel leaks. That's just uncalled for IMO. I don't understand the mentality of that kind of thing.

That's pretty much it.

The mentality is getting a kill is a good fight no matter how it's gotten. As long as they can get their name in lights and all the wtgs' from their fellow pudknockers.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline justIN

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »
So what your saying is the DA is like the MA inthe way people gang on one and land there kills for a good fight in the MA you up at a base being taken over only to have trouble taking of before they vulch you.Or you and 20 of your friends to take that base over and now you and your friends are the ones ganging.Sounds like the DA to me!And one person in the DA lands his 5 kills great but one who lands 5 kills in the MA makes him all so better?The story line here is in each areana both fly ww11 planes each MA DA look to find a fight and get some kills under there belt and make it home to land,why do we all do this it's fun!Both areana's are great,and are different in ways but in the end it comes down to FUN the way you want it and how one wants to spend his or hers $15.
And for the perk price the temp was 50 C-hog 24 it worked out great for the time it was there.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2010, 11:46:08 AM »
So what your saying is the DA is like the MA inthe way people gang on one and land there kills for a good fight in the MA you up at a base being taken over only to have trouble taking of before they vulch you.Or you and 20 of your friends to take that base over and now you and your friends are the ones ganging.Sounds like the DA to me!And one person in the DA lands his 5 kills great but one who lands 5 kills in the MA makes him all so better?The story line here is in each areana both fly ww11 planes each MA DA look to find a fight and get some kills under there belt and make it home to land,why do we all do this it's fun!Both areana's are great,and are different in ways but in the end it comes down to FUN the way you want it and how one wants to spend his or hers $15.
And for the perk price the temp was 50 C-hog 24 it worked out great for the time it was there.
So why not take your squad to the MA if it's all the same?  Could it be that the DA is the only place where you get free perk rides and have the odds stacked in your favor?
The only reason the DA and MAs seem the same to you is because you made it that way. :lol It wasn't that way before they shut down H2H.

I'd like to think the DA is a place to duel like minded players with a end goal to improve their flying skills. Not some mini MA where all your uber planes are free. Basically you want all the freebies and perks of the game, but don't want to put the effort in to earn those planes. Kind of like H2H was.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:57:46 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2010, 12:40:16 PM »
So why not take your squad to the MA if it's all the same?  Could it be that the DA is the only place where you get free perk rides and have the odds stacked in your favor?
The only reason the DA and MAs seem the same to you is because you made it that way. :lol It wasn't that way before they shut down H2H.

I'd like to think the DA is a place to duel like minded players with a end goal to improve their flying skills. Not some mini MA where all your uber planes are free. Basically you want all the freebies and perks of the game, but don't want to put the effort in to earn those planes. Kind of like H2H was.

I have to agree with Justin, if you go to the MA it is exactly the same.  The DA is the Dueling Arena - Furball Lake is a Furball you have to have your mindset as the two are different and they are.  The furball lake is nothing different from the MA, there's ganging, hoing, ect.  As far as looking for trainers in the DA uptown how you got Fatdog in your post I'll never know  :lol but I work with a lot of guys in there improving there ACM.  Don't get me wrong the sticks you pointed out Grizz Bruv and Shuffler are great sticks (some of the best) and I've learned alot from Bruv, Kazaa, Grizz, and a bunch of them that I 1v1 some.  I'm kinda at my ACM high right now being here a year now just in the last week I was in a brewster against 4 zekes with less E and I killed them all and they were good sticks.  (Maita, TA57, Warpig02, and someone else) Been flying the k4 this past week so am I a noob even though perks are free and I could fly the temp all day long I rarely touch that plane but I enjoy flying in the DA.  I'm not bragging on myself I try and work hard to improve, I say this because up to now I've basically been a DA pilot and I believe I've established a good name for myself and the top sticks know who I am and what kind of person I am.  Not every DA pilot is the same just like not every MA pilot is the same. 

If that 38 didnt make it home it's his own fault for not paying attention to his SA bottom line.  Anything goes in the lake and you have to be prepared for it.  Thats why it's lame when MA player's make silly remarks about the DA when in fact the MA is exactly the same as the lake besides theres more vulching in the MA  :rofl This is my last post in this thread because some will never learn even if I explain it 50 times.   :salute
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline justIN

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »
So why not take your squad to the MA if it's all the same?  Could it be that the DA is the only place where you get free perk rides and have the odds stacked in your favor?

Uptown I am with a squad in the MA and it is a well known squad at that,I never said I disliked the perk system I myself enjoyed it so then I could up in a P40 E and not worry about 15 temps.I rarely up a perk plane in the DA I fly the f4u4 the most in the MA next is the C205 or the KI 61 those are the tree main planes I fly,It's just funny its seems only MA people have the biggest whine about the DA verses any real DA pilot!You dont see any DA pilot coming on these boards stomping and cutting down anyone from the MA for how they enjoy to spend there $15 or how there place of flyin is a drowning pool and so fourth!In the end flyin and dieing and killing can be done in both places and DA pilots can fly in MA,and MA can fly in the furball and in the end everyone has fun!

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2010, 07:31:05 PM »
The problem is the culture clash.  The guys who make the lake their home enjoy it and know that there's going to be ganging and picking.  MA guy comes to the lake looking for a fight and 5 guys come diving in competing for the kill.  Your lake guy, he knows that's going to happen if he winds up in that position so he doesn't go ballistic when it happens.  Short ride to the fight so he just re-ups.  But to the MA guy it's infuriating.  

And the setup dictates the game play. 3 high bases with a lake in the middle and free perk planes. Not to mention there seems to be a good number of new players at the lake usually.  The idea of a DA area with rolling 1v1's would only have a chance of working if there were only 2 sides.

So the MA guys will continue to denigrate the lake and the lake guys will continue to have fun there I guess.  

I've flown the lake enough to know what it's all about.  The majority are there just there to rack up as many kills as they can any way they can, rinse and repeat, ho and gang.  I use it myself to practice reversals and it is great for that.  But after a while I get caught up and find myself flying revenge missions against the last guy who picked me...then it's time to leave. 

But there are some real good sticks there that are a pleasure to fight- TnDep and nrshida especially.  Only problem is that a 3rd 4th and 5th party is usually coming along to bust up the fight.  But it is what it is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:53:21 PM by shiv »
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Crow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »

Well for a short time the DA had some balance, players having to pay points for those perk planes no longer up'd them and when they did, well they became the primary target and the race was on to kill it. It was great, competitive and fun. However due to the nature of the DA, one could see that earning perk points there was gonna be a problem, the DA is action packed, you never have to wait long for a fight and if your skill level is  .. say a little better then average, like myself, lol, you accumulate perk points rather quickly and that alone is enough to get the MA gang to balk. I do believe the gang at AH could fix that in much the same way as they adjust the fuel  multiplier,  so why not do it?

Perhaps the intent of the DA was simply to be an extension of the TA and has since developed an identity of its own,  :rock then that's awesome, its the way we who play there like it. Two years ago, when I started my career as a cartoon pilot, the DA is the first place I logged into and today its about a 70/30 ratio (DA/MA). Until recently I still enjoyed playing in the DA flying either of my two fav's the FM2 and Spit5 and dodging those perk planes with their speed and big guns, which is not always easy in a fur ball. Currently we jest get to up planes and die, there is no scoring system to compare how we are doing against each other. This is an unnatural state, humanity must compete, its our nature, so at the very least GIVE US BACK OUR SCORING SYSTEM please.