Author Topic: Loose lips, guys  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Brazos

• Zinc Member
Loose lips, guys
« on: May 01, 2000, 07:59:00 PM »
Hidy killas,

That was a neutral post from Hedu, huh?   I know we want to share our pleasure about this great sim, but we don't want to put people off by harping on other ubb's. I am hot tempered, and got fed up with Hotstink over on AGW. But after a while there's no point of continuing to spout off. He will prolly never get our trust in teams like HTC. They have been flying with and against us for many years. We know 'em, and trust their desire to make the best sim possible. So I took AGW off my bookmarks, and hope we can hold the morale high ground by refusing to reply in kind.

Cya up...Braz

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2000, 11:03:00 PM »
Hey rip, come here, brazos got something to tell you!  

<g,d,r>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2000, 08:29:00 AM »
Awww, sometimes life simple pleasures of reading whines from Spitboy, Cabby, and MG just make my day!  I did delete my bookmark to AGW as well due to the hipocrasy that is rampant over there.  Someday they'll see the light.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-02-2000).]

Offline Hedu of JG26 Warbirds

• Zinc Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2000, 03:18:00 PM »
Rip, I hope you would not blame the whole barrel for a couple of bad apples.  I have posted at AGW that we conduct ourselves as we wish others to do the same.  I am not real thrilled with MG/Macboy, and I guess thats a Mac guy for ya.  Get your bookmark back, cause I think I see things changing.  The old WB guys are not putting up with the crap, and I think things will get better.

Brazos, there are many who refuse to change, and they get left behind, and this is on both sides or our fences.  Moral highground is good, but I also beleive on knowing your enemy!

I love WBs its a great sim for me.  AH has alot of great things also, maybe I'll continue after my 2 weeks are up.  I'll prolly put up a big "Hedu wants to know..." post to see whats up, but at least I look at both and make decisions.  Many won't.

------------------
John "HEDU" Babarovich,JG26, Warbirds
Dedicated Bf109 driver

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2000, 07:40:00 AM »
Thks for the encouragement Hedu, but it just seems the 'old timer's that I used to have good conversations with in the past are no longer present over there.  I can remember bringing up other online sims in conversations over there a year or 2 ago and was never treated like I have been over there recently.  Some of the guys responding I never even new online (probably the reason for lack of respect).

Much more openess over  here, and one can say anything he wishes about another online sim without getting flamed.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »
"I can remember bringing up other online sims in conversations over there a year or 2 ago and was never treated like I have been over there recently"

That's because two years ago the only other online sim was AW and just about every WBer dislikes AW  

-Westy

(haven't forgotten the CH info Rip. Been busy at night. I'll try and email you from my desk here today)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2000, 09:38:00 AM »
Whats  great about this board is, one can say anything positive  or negative  about ANY flight sim and one will not get responses like "This is the AH bulletin board, take it to AGW"  or "Take it to off-topic".  This community is alot tighter IMO, since WB's community became so big that respect was lost among the posters on their AGW board.  It's a shame.  Don't get me wrong, there are alot of respectful posters over there, but the minority seems to be the one's that vocalize the most.  I once posted in off topic portion about what was new in AH, and had a WB trainer post that "if it was my BB, I'da had Rip banned along time ago"...hehe, can you believe that?!?...okay, maybe I should be banned from reporting any information that may be addicting!!!    

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
I./JG2~Richthofen~
=CO=Panzer Group Afrika-15th Panzer division
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps

JG2 "Richthofen"

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.  Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it
only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm, grasp the joystick button,
and shoot the sucker down!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-03-2000).]

Greg 'wmutt' Cook

Loose lips, guys
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2000, 12:12:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
This community is alot tighter IMO, since WB's community became so big that respect was lost among the posters on their AGW board.  

I think that in part has to be because a good deal of us came to AH as disgruntled customers of other online sims.  So we, having felt the loss of leaving a community that meant a good deal to us, place a higher value on this community.  I used to fly AW back in the AOL days, then I found WBs and now I'm here. In all of these sims, I would urge new players to find a squad as soon as possible.  That is where the true sense of community comes from.
--------------------------

332nd Flying Mongrels
"When in doubt, put a few more rounds into it."

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2000, 12:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by Greg 'wmutt' Cook:
In all of these sims, I would urge new players to find a squad as soon as possible.  That is where the true sense of community comes from.

You hit the nail on the head!  As quoting someone else "I came for the flightsim, I stayed for the community"

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2000, 01:20:00 AM »
Whines from Spitboy, huh Rip? I don't call them whines. I call them calling you out on your hypocrisy and attempt at playing the poor martyr. Like this:

Rip says:

Whats great about this board is, one can say anything positive or negative about ANY flight sim and one will not get responses like "This is the AH bulletin board, take it to AGW" or "Take it to off-topic".

Uh-huh. So when Macboy said some anti-AH things and suggested WB as an alternative, albeit it in a negative way (which YOU said was OK, remember, it's DIFFERENT here?), he was embraced with open arms and intelligent debate by you?

Oh, no. That's not what happened. What happened was, you, an AH trainer with a leadership role in this community, traced his IP, called him an arrogant, bitter, mac-loving moron, ran and tattled on him to Pyro, and then proceeded to post an outraged message on AGW lambasting him like he'd been selling crack to schoolkids.

Riiight. Whatever, Rip. I find it exceedingly ironic that you posted that not three days after you posted your "outing" of Macboy..over what? His 8 posts here. Call it a whine if you will. I call it merely pointing out hypocrisy and calling a spade a spade, much like I did in the two or three posts I made about you over on AGW.

But who knows! Maybe some day I'll see the light.

Spitboy -SW-

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2000, 01:29:00 AM »
 This is so dumb. Both sims are big fun. And its a win win for all of us.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2000, 04:31:00 AM »
easymo,

I wish it were that simple.  Actually what really grates at many of the WB players is the lose of old friends and opponents - the lose, or more accurately, the changing of the community.  It is personal preference that compels many to stay with WB, but the reason many WB'ers are disgruntled is because they are beginning to see buddies, friends, and opponents leaving WB, some never to return.  I can completely understand, and sympathize with this.  It's never fun to see your circle of friends diminish, or disappear.

For those of us who voluntarily left our old online sim haunts, it was difficult to say goodbye, but we chose to make that decision.  But for those we left our departure was out of their control.

It really is true, AW, FA, WB, and AH are not only games, they are communities as well.

------------------
leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2000, 05:00:00 AM »
Rip wrote :

"Whats great about this board is, one can say anything positive or negative about ANY flight sim and one will not get responses like "This is the AH bulletin board, take it to AGW" or "Take it to off-topic"."

Rip are you on crack  

This statement above is _not_ true. The main differance here is that you dont see any WB players posting here and stirring up trouble.

There where even an thread here whining about what they said on AGW about AH for christ sake!!

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-

http://www.rsaf.org/osf/
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2000, 05:27:00 AM »
I think we should not post on AGW (or here) anything about MG incident or other flammable stuff.

It gives bad image for our community and game, possibly hurting HTC business. Would you switch to game whose players has been not too nice to you or your community?

I do post on AGW but I try to refrain myself from slamming WB or glorifying AH. I have made my choice, I feel secure about it and I don't feel need to prove anything or convert anybody to my game. I trust that everybody can make decision for himself. I try to give realistic vision about AH and correct misunderstandings or false assupmtions. Sometimes it work, sometimes not.

------------------
jochen

Geschwaderkommodore (on leave) Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen' (Warbirds)

JG 2 'Richthofen' (Aces High)

I want to believe! Fw 190F-8 / G-8 / D-9 to Aces High!

Thanks for the Fw 190A-5 HTC!

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2000, 08:30:00 AM »

Originally posted by Spitboy:

Oh, no. That's not what happened. What happened was, you, an AH trainer with a leadership role in this community, traced his IP, called him an arrogant, bitter, mac-loving moron, ran and tattled on him to Pyro, and then proceeded to post an outraged message on AGW lambasting him like he'd been selling crack to schoolkids.

Riiight. Whatever, Rip. I find it exceedingly ironic that you posted that not three days after you posted your "outing" of Macboy..over what? His 8 posts here. Call it a whine if you will. I call it merely pointing out hypocrisy and calling a spade a spade, much like I did in the two or three posts I made about you over on AGW.
Spitboy -SW-

LOL !  Suuuuuure! I traced his IP Spitboy, thanks for the laugh! Show me the text where I called him a moron...people know me better than that!  That's the game YOU play, sir!

Spitboy:But who knows! Maybe some day I'll see the light.

I highly doubt that!  Enjoy your Mac, and am looking forward to seeing you online in WW2 Online!

Maniac:This statement above is _not_ true. The main differance here is that you dont see any WB players posting here and stirring up trouble.  

I guess I need to point you to a few threads on AH BB!  

Also, my 1 post in AGW general topic BB was in regards to "What's new in AH", and yes, I was trying to get people to try it, since I would want them to enjoy something we all enjoy.  The rest of my posts were in OFF-TOPIC where every game from chess to flight sims are discussed.  Got a problem with that Maniac?  Hell, I see folks posting about WW2 Online all the time over there, that's where the hipocrasy lies, no one is flaming them!

Let's drop it...move on with life..I no longer 'publish' over  there so its a moot point.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-05-2000).]