Re: Timid
« Reply #241 on: April 15, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »
Yep, squads are just customizable hordes, everyone knows that.  :neener:
:P

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »
And if this was the only fight going I'd log for the night. Wheres the fun of engaging 1 only to have his "wingman" come in and pick you? Wingman tactics in a GAME is about as timid as you can get. I can see if you set-up a 2 vs 2 fight, or even a 4 vs 4 fight, but these guy couldn't go there, no advantage and that old timid backbone locks up and away they go to RTB and land their hard earned picks  :rolleyes:

Timid is when you run from a fight, or when your in a fight and you start thinking it's time to run away. Its a game of combat, fight it out!
It's a good thing we don't all listen to Fugitive...the MA's would be empty and everyone would be in the DA shining their cyber testicles on each other...until our 2 week passes ran out, then many would leave out of boredom.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: April 15, 2010, 10:25:39 PM »
Well of course they are.....

HTC just ordered another server just to store "Krusty" posts  :D

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: April 15, 2010, 10:29:34 PM »
 :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2010, 10:34:30 PM »
I would agree that K/H is the best indicator we have of a player's timidness or lack thereof.

Post #837

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »
Inspiration..

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2010, 01:11:22 AM »
The  fights I remember, the ones that really stand out over 10 years, tend to have one thing in common.

Either I was outnumbered, or they had a major advantage.
What makes them stand out is giving it all you've got and turning the situation around. Using tactics, ACM, and skill to turn the tables. 

Now timid would have been there in the first place.
And most likely wouldn't have stayed around to fight in the second.

Thats ok, we each pay our 15$ a month and we fly it our way. That is as it should be.
And some days the "force"is with us, and we pull  off things  we  really didn't expect to survive.

Other days we go down in flames, but we go down swinging.

I tangled with 4 ponys once, might have shot one down, I know they were all over me.
I pulled every trick out of the hat and invented a couple of new ones.
In the end I pulled off a ditch once I was shot to pieces. Exited out laughing and happy as could be.
Some times you just have to buck the odds, to truly measure yourself.

I think all to often to many of us fall into the trap of thinking that winning is everything.
Sometimes losing with style can be more rewarding, and more entertaining, certainly creates more memory's that last.

Take a chance, get out of the herd and stand on your own. Give it your best, win, lose or draw.
The planes are for the most part free, its only our ego's that get damaged.

What he said.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2010, 06:04:13 AM »
Take a chance, get out of the herd and stand on your own. Give it your best, win, lose or draw.

Wheres the fun of engaging 1 only to have his "wingman" come in and pick you? ...........Timid is when you run from a fight, or when your in a fight and you start thinking it's time to run away. Its a game of combat, fight it out!

:aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpHnrddCv0M  Here is me being timid...... :devil  This was a decent fight, had either one of the two had run away, I would have said thats timid, but they stayed and fought it out.  <S> to them for that.

Inspiration..
(Image removed from quote.)

Thats not timid, thats suicide to stay in that.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:16:52 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2010, 06:09:24 AM »
Wait, I think I heard that one before!

They walk into a bar, right?

Yep, and Steve drank their drinks while they were arguing if it was best to put your hand on the wall, hold with both hands, close your eyes and whistle, or just sit like a girl. In the end the donation gets back to the ocean and Steve is four drinks happier.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »
It never fails to amuse me how when the word "timid" pops up, the first thing out of everyones mouth is P51 :rolleyes:

9 times out of 10 these are the same guys that fly spits, F4Us, hurricanes etc. I have film, after film, after film of running 109s,190s,262s,Tempests,LA7s and Typhoons doing the same thing!

For the guys that don't fly P51s, let me clue you in on something. The P51 is not that great of a plane! It's takes alot of seat time to be able to beat a enemy aircraft at its own game. So the mustang pilot better know a thing or two before he tries to beat a 109 or 38 in the vertical, or a spitfire and hurricane in a turn fight. And the F4Us :lol....easy mode compared to P51s.

Don't understand your logic behind this statement but to stay on topic I'm not going to get into this conversation.

I think everyone's pretty much hit the nail on the head of what timid is, I don't even think having the E advantage is considered timid until it takes you several minutes before you feel comftable to engage.  I see higher cons with clearly the advantage continuing to get high and in reality, they just need to pick there spot and drop throttle and watch out for the vertical barrel roll reversal not to hard is it?
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2010, 06:58:39 AM »
If that's the case, everyone in a squad is timid then.

A whole new thread idea! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2010, 07:43:30 AM »
A whole new thread idea! :rofl

Nah.  Nothing to discuss, everyone agrees it's true!

- oldman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2010, 07:44:11 AM »
TnDep, that was a little jab at Saxman for his P51 remark. He didn't take the bait, but I see you did. :)

I stand behind that statement, and here's why. We have 5 F4Us in the plane set, 2 of which are perked and each one is better then the next. They have monster props to hang on, flaps that cut their turn radius down to almost half, gear that pops to act like air brakes, and with wep, a couple models are faster on the deck then a P51 without wep, as well as 2 or 3 models have more ammo then the pony. Basically they can do everything a 51 can do, and then some, at the alts that we fight in this game.

The only thing the pony have over the corsairs is speed until you get to the F4U-4, and then it's no contest at all. The only downside I see with the corsairs is landing them without breaking the gear off.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:46:19 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis