Author Topic: Why does this community........  (Read 7499 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why does this community........
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2010, 12:40:36 PM »
Or make a special arena: WB versus AH. Ladies fly free.
LOL...I've heard that actually already happened...WBs vs AH toonpeelots in an AH arena...word is the AH sticks got pwnd. I have no idea if that is fact or not.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »
LOL...I've heard that actually already happened...WBs vs AH toonpeelots in an AH arena...word is the AH sticks got pwnd. I have no idea if that is fact or not.

If you are referring to the WB vs. AH duel held a few years ago, it was the WB ladies that got their tulips handed back to them.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »
If you are referring to the WB vs. AH duel held a few years ago, it was the WB ladies that got their tulips handed back to them.

ack-ack

Really, Ack-Ack..? Because I seem to recall one '38 pilot wearing jam-jams with a cartoon character on 'em by the name o' deppity dawg.

Seriously, does somebody actually have some data on this? I'd say it's high time we matched up agin' Wild Bill and his circus klowns once't' agin.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
In the AH vs WB duel, the Aces High pilots won.  It was a well fought match, on both sides, and both sides represented themselves very well.

BaldEagle, I would like to clear up something you said.  I am not soliciting any players from Fighter Ace.  I am merely answering questions about Aces High.  I let the product and service speak for itself.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:29:44 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2010, 02:02:10 PM »
In the AH vs WB duel, the Aces High pilots won.  It was a well fought match, on both sides, and both sides represented themselves very well.

BaldEagle, I would like to clear up something you said.  I am not soliticiting any players from Fighter Ace.  I am merely answering questions about Aces High.  I let the product and service speak for itself.

:rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2010, 04:03:57 PM »
ith the AH community comes from the ankle humpers around here that think just because they have been fondling their joysticks for 10 years it makes them WWII era aeronautical engineering experts with PhD's in history...
BS his problem was he couldn't post any data or links to data when asked. Pilot xx said ac y did this is not data. He couldn't let that go. So  :neener:.
See Rule #4

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »
BS his problem was he couldn't post any data or links to data when asked. Pilot xx said ac y did this is not data. He couldn't let that go. So  :neener:.

When asked for proof of his claims he gave us secondhand anecdotal opinions.

Thorsim: "AcesHigh's flight model is wrong"

US: "Why?"

Thorsim: "I read some book by some guy who said something that I have misinterpreted as meaning that AcesHigh's FM is wrong"

US: "Here is the math and physics and tons of proof from respected sources that the FM is pretty durn close"

Thorsim: " Those facts have to be wrong because I saw this youtube video where this one guy said that...."

(and so forth for 20 pages)

He seems to have been replaced with Gaston. 
(if you keep up w/ these types of things)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »
Really, Ack-Ack..? Because I seem to recall one '38 pilot wearing jam-jams with a cartoon character on 'em by the name o' deppity dawg.

It's not jam-jams, it's the S.A.P.P regulation flight suit all S.A.P.P members wear. Except Mensa, she wears Wonder Woman jam-jams...err flight suit.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2010, 04:33:16 PM »
His problems with the AH community comes from the ankle humpers around here that think just because they have been fondling their joysticks for 10 years it makes them WWII era aeronautical engineering experts with PhD's in history...there are very few that actually have the knowledge, and even fewer have any real life military aircraft flight experience...it's just too bad the chest thumping big brass cyberballs attitudes of the loudmouths here rub off on them and the wealth of useable information gets sidelined in favor of dipstick remarks from people who know less than the ones asking the questions.

Actually there are several current and former military aircraft pilots in this community and several others with very strong aeronautical knowledge not to mention all the players with private aircraft licenses.  I'm not saying that the occasional dipstick, myself included, doesn't occasionally pipe in but it's a public BBs and they have the right within the limits that are posted.

Speaking of which, there is one person who trolls the forums here that was not only a German jet fighter pilot but also a close personal friend of Eric Hartmann sometime around the Korean war period...and I have seen him treated with as little respect as Thor...that speaks volumes about this community.

I don't know who you're talking about and won't venture a guess but I don't think it matters who you are or who you know.  You get treated the way you treat others or by the way you act.

After over 20 years in the music business I met a lot of famous personalities.  Some were down to earth, some were party animals and some were absolute and total jerks.  Just because you are or were someone doesn't make you a good person.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »

After over 20 years in the music business ................
[/quote] Ted Nugent!!!!!!  :x :banana:  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
Lute you and Bronk are so far off it's pathetic...someone else posted data and he said the data seemed faulty when compared to the very easily found data from other countries...I didn't see Lute, BaldEagl, Bronk and a couple of others post any evidence to contradict his opinions...even ignored what Krusty was saying in spite of the fact that he started out agreeing with Thor...

So give it a break, unless you guys have suddenly become experts and have the evidence to back it up.
jarhed  

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:53:01 PM by Skuzzy »
jarhed  

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
Lute you and Bronk are so far off it's pathetic...someone else posted data and he said the data seemed faulty when compared to the very easily found data from other countries...I didn't see Lute, BaldEagl, Bronk and a couple of others post any evidence to contradict his opinions...even ignored what Krusty was saying in spite of the fact that he started out agreeing with Thor...

So give it a break, unless you guys have suddenly become experts and have the evidence to back it up.

The BURDEN OF PROOF was on Thorsim.   If Dale's "Flight Model" is incorrect, it is NOT up to Dale to "figure out what the hell is wrong".   It is Thor's job to "point out where and how".   But Thorsim never did/could.  

Thorsim has only his lack of facts to blame Gyrene.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
The BURDEN OF PROOF was on Thorsim.   If Dale's "Flight Model" is incorrect, it is NOT up to Dale to "figure out what the hell is wrong".   It is Thor's job to "point out where and how".   But Thorsim never did/could.  

Thorsim has only his lack of facts to blame Gyrene.  
I agree, but on the same token the luftwhiner slams don't belong in discussions, especially when posted by people with less knowledge or evidence than Thor. I disagree with him a lot...but I also take the time to justify my reactions and if possible back them up with evidence.
jarhed  

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
I've posted on here before about the P51D FM and HiTech himself replied that it was correct. He has flown one, so I reckon he'd know. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:54:28 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis