Author Topic: Why does this community........  (Read 7502 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Why does this community........
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
Are we still talking about the original question?     :headscratch:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »
Are we still talking about the original question?     :headscratch:

not at all.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »
Okay, cool.....  I shall not add to that then.........      Where were we?   :devil

not at all.
See Rule #4

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »
Gyrene is starting to sound like he's on Wild Bill's payroll. :neener:

What an asinine statement...but from the mouths of the uninformed has come drivel throughout the ages!!

FYI Gyrene, as several others of the squadron, has  been banned - PNG -  from WB's for questioning FM's that were patentedly incorrect. A carrier based fighter that was modelled so it could not take off from the cv was "corrected" by making it  substantially lighter so it could. It also then proceeded to perform all it's inflight evolutions at that decreased weight which gave it totally unhistorical capabilities. This was pointed out repeatedly but fell on deaf ears at WB's until the uproar got him and several others "booted" from the game - permanently.

Oh ya - soon after that WB removed that FM from play and admitted it's mistake.

Through out history it has been a fact that frequently the "accepted" position of the main stream community has been proven wrong by a single individual who has had the courage, against all assults upon his character, to say : "You're wrong....but I can't prove it....yet!"

In the future it might be worth a pause before stuffing your foot in your mouth - hehehe - I know from experience.

....cheers eh!! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »
You're right it's probably irrelevant and I can't disagree with the point you made.

Thing is Thor may not be able to prove his observations about the FMs, but unfortunately you all have clearly proven his point about the AH community/boards...which considering how frequently it is illustrated here is highly amusing.

You're looking at the posts which support your position instead of looking at the posts to see what your position should be.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »
Cut me teeth on Warbirds, and I really enjoy'd the offline mode emensly...
It's not a bad sim, I just dont like the way they do buisness.

Flight in Aces seems a little better, but I do miss them skip bombs.....
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2010, 06:34:32 PM »

Thing is Thor may not be able to prove his observations about the FMs, but unfortunately you all have clearly proven his point about the AH community/boards...which considering how frequently it is illustrated here is highly amusing.

Like a red headed step-child, Luftwhiners are born to be bashed  :devil

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2010, 06:37:53 PM »
Gentlemen, it is in bad taste to speak of someone when they can not defend themselves.

HiTech

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2010, 07:03:15 PM »

Krusty this is not even close to the history.

The only real point about history I made was that you wanted to code a flight sim based on forces rather than tables or whatever WB has. I'm pretty sure I've read that you or somebody else on the staff mentioned you wanted to do this and had no creative control over it.

As for the rest, I haven't caught up with the extra 3 pages of the thread, will keep reading  :lol

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2010, 07:03:43 PM »
What an asinine statement...but from the mouths of the uninformed has come drivel throughout the ages!!

It was a joke.  Lighten up Sally, or maybe I'll come check out yer mouth hmmmmmmm.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
Oh right....... This is where we were. 

Listen to Dale, he knows something!
See Rule #4

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2010, 07:24:14 PM »
This is Hitechs first response to Thorsim.

Thorsim: Welcome to our board.

It appears to me from your post you are doing two classic mistakes when looking into modeling.

1. It appears to me you are showing a bias in wishing the planes you like to be better then they are.
2. You are looking for data to support you position rather than looking for data to find out what your position should be.

HiTech

Hitech nailed it. Thorsim never learned one thing on this board. Hitech showed incredible patience explaining and refuting everything Thorsim posted. Thorsim pays him back by slamming him on the WB BB. Kilo wants to know why the drama queen doesn't love us and Hitech tells him to look in the mirror. Kilo doesn't get it and gets all drama queen on Hitech.

Hitech rocks.   :rock

When was I "all drama queen".

I think hitech was off base with his comment but that is his opinion.

And thorism is not the only one to voice a distaste with the ah community. Having flown with thorsim I can tell you he is a great guy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:41:29 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »
Gentlemen, it is in bad taste to speak of someone when they can not defend themselves.

HiTech
Words of truth. This bashing of thorsim when he is not here to defend himself is part of why our community can be called total jerks. Also, talking about people behind their backs is very similar to the drama of high school.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
HiTech created both sims.

This one is better.

WarBirds started dying the moment HiTech left to make AcesHigh.

nuff said IMHO.   :salute
Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »
I managed not to get banned from the forums during nine years of hammering about the Mosquito model, gradually seeing things changed.  I proved that is was consuming fuel twice as fast as it should have been and it was fixed in the next version.

How do you think I managed to complain to HTC about the Mossie for that long and not be banned?  It sure isn't because they don't tolerate critical discussion.  It is because I recognized what is and is not data and when my position, even if I thought I was correct, was not strong enough to act on.  Above all, I remained civil and never took it personally.  Do that, and no matter the aircraft you won't get banned.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-