Author Topic: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...  (Read 8580 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 03:28:43 PM »
this is like asking NBC in the mid 90's to move Seinfeld away from Thursday night.

too many of the old timers here are jaded...and there are other ways to appease them... (open a "Skilled Ace" Arena and cap it at 50)  

titanic tuesday is a smash hit...there's no denying that.

No it is not.  Total arena numbers are lower for TT than any other night of the week.  It does exactly what we knew it would do and what we witnessed before we switched to the split arenas.

total cop out.

Nope.  It is quantifiable.  You can chose not to believe that, but that does not make any less of a truth.  Do you really think we sit around here trying to find ways to piss off the customer base?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:31:05 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »
IMO there is more lag, more glitching, more text buffer delay, more rubber bullets, more lost shots, more warping, more vox loss (across multiple arenas) when TT is running.

Somebody at HTC has said before that the CPU load isn't even close to being pegged, but SOMETHING somewhere (some cog in the system) cannot handle it well.

In my opinion TT doesn't work. It's not the cesspool (although that's a factor) that kills it. It's the fact that it cannot run as smoothly, even if you choose to fly/fight in a small secluded less-populated corner of the map you still suffer.

Moving away from a single LWA was a good move, because the rest of the week these things are scarce, but on Tuesdays it was so bad I stopped playing. I'd be ready to log in, remember it's Tuesday, and boot up Half-Life 2 or something else.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »
We need a Snailman pie chart of Monday-Thursday numbers in the LW arena(s). :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »
We need a Snailman pie chart of Monday-Thursday numbers in the LW arena(s). :)
no we dont  :bolt:
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »
IMO there is more lag, more glitching, more text buffer delay, more rubber bullets, more lost shots, more warping, more vox loss (across multiple arenas) when TT is running.

Somebody at HTC has said before that the CPU load isn't even close to being pegged, but SOMETHING somewhere (some cog in the system) cannot handle it well. <snip>

Not trying to take this out of context, but the "something" is usually the local ISP service or the local computer. or both.  Now, it is more noticeable due to the fact you have more around you, which also could be suffering the same problems/issues as you.

We are just like everyone else.  We are at the mercy of the Internet.  All we can do is make sure the servers are not loaded down (they never are), and the local LAN is running smoothly (it always does).  Once it hits the Internet, all bets are off.  Some will always have it better than others.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »
I acknowledge that fact that it might be near my end, and I have had some issues in the past, however the general concensus is that many people experience these effects on TT, not simply just me. People all over geographically, all using different ISPs, all experiencing issues with their gameplay quality.

It seems to affect a wide variety of people consistently.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 03:52:34 PM »
I never said it was just you Krusty.  How many of those players are all traversing Level3's network?  I can tell you there are many ISP's using them and I can assure you all those players could have problems.

That is just one example of a massive network, which is badly managed.  They are cheap and that is why ISP's use them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »

Krusty, I'm playing from the UK here, zero hardware issues when I'm playing on TT. Runs smooth as silk for me.

cess-pool comments are making me lol btw. The bigger maps can support TT with ease.

I can't wait for H2H arenas to come back, I'm sure you'll all have fun playing 4v4.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:01:05 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 03:55:05 PM »
Most people will not have a problem.  The ones that do, make a lot of noise.  They really are a small percentage of the overall population.  They just sound like a big number.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
Screw this, I'm moving to WarBirds III. :noid

Was a joke btw.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:06:44 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
As am I!!!   With life on the line even, I will SAY NO to cesspool's!!!

I am anti-cess-pool.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
well....... I still think there's more people here on TT in that 24 hour period...but I'll leave it at that.

I also know there are a lot of players here who say they don't fly on TT...when the infact do.

I also know that there is a number.......a certain and specific number.......that most likely only HT knows.  that number directly represents the amount of NEW members who have to sign-up each quarter to balance out the number of members who leave...before he starts having to cut back.  I wont even venture a guess as to what the ratio is of free look -to- paying customers is.  thus my desire to forward HT my ideas for getting new customers in here.  I think those of you who live in the "smaller is better" mindset need to understand that.  loss due to attrition is not anyone's friend.

however....my bigger point is..........and it was made clear today...... MANY people here are very frustrated......that when they find a little bit of spare time..and want to jump in and have some quick fun...the ONLY option is joining an arena with NINE other people in it.  there HAS to be a solution for BOTH groups of members here...that much is obvious.

skuzzy..of course nobody thinks you cats sit around thinking up ways to piss people off...the game and the level of service is awesome. I..and hundreds more .. just don't like when we are sometimes in a hurry...and then signing on and seeing an arena capped and locked at 200...and offering us the opportunity to join another one with 11 people.  that may be OK if we have big amounts of time...but not if we're trying to get in some fun with only 20 minutes to spare.

anywho......I posted about this three years ago.... I did it again today, because my thoughts have not changed on the matter.  and now...I'll drop it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:08:53 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 04:12:53 PM »
I have to say that is no point at all...... BLUE never has 9 people in it other than the morning on the east coast maybe...  AND at that point in time, there is plenty of room in ORANGE.

however....my bigger point is..........and it was made clear today...... MANY people here are very frustrated......that when they find a little bit of spare time..and want to jump in and have some quick fun...the ONLY option is joining an arena with NINE other people in it.  there HAS to be a solution for BOTH groups of members here...that much is obvious.

Everybody has their own unwavering opinion, but Skuzzy actually has already mentioned less people play on Tuesday's than other days of the week. 

Until somebody wants to start tracking themselves (thinking somehow HTC is doing it wrong), this is a moot, not m00t, conversation. 
See Rule #4

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »
 When I came over from fighter ace years ago, I was blown away by the huge arena.  It was good fun and one of the reasons I came over.  I think arena caps although theoretically a good idea, are poorly implemented.  It's just not fun to have to wait to get into an arena where your squad mates are. I'm sure there's a creative way to get the best of both worlds, but I haven't a clue what it would be.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
You love them more than they love you?  What's wrong with everybody moving over to BLUE?

where your squad mates are.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:42:55 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4