Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: TY HTC
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2010, 10:13:02 AM »

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »

And I'm really getting a chuckle from all these guys, coming here with no arguments, no logic, unfounded accusations and "it all about ME" attitude, doing nothing than COMPLAIN - and then they call all others "crybabies" :)

Well Lusche, that is exactly what I've seen here in the BBS since 2002, but it was always from the "fighter purist breed".  I really don't care about the new DAR implementation either way.  I would think a better solution is to create multiple arenas like AirWarrior had, where you could have a fighter only arena, a complete set arena, and the events, and war periods.  You cut the head off the NOE raids and they'll become the orbital raids.  Maybe we should have the fuel burn multiplier reduced as we'll need the extra time to get up and stay up to cap the fields. :)  I'm not advocating any position in this change but I will caution those who are overjoyed over the change, be careful of what you wish for as you just might get it. hehehhe

All the Best...

Jay

awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »
I read some posts.

Many ppl talks about skills.

Well it's not a question about skills.   :old:

With these maps, radar range and new noe altitude, a pieces of this game is degraded!

Many other ppl, talk about noe horders.

Well no differences with the new horders.

:salute

PS.

Many times i thought about this ...

I will squelche all ppl that have no respect for children playing this game, because
these 'so-called man' have not a bit of force to listen their (children) tone of voice
and they have not a word of respect for them (children).
This kind of bullism phenomenon must to be stopped!

I think that Aces High Staff ruined a fun part of this game with the new NOE and Radar changes. NOE missions are a very fun part of this game. Whats next for the furballers to complain about. GV's? Look at the radar circles. They overlap each other now. You guys keep talking about this NOE horde. My squad does some NOE missions and most of the time 6 or so guys are involved, and we do not always succeed. Many times 1 or two wirbles upping will end it. Be prepared to play the same maps for a long time now. Bad Idea!!! I watched Titanic Tuesday last night. Every base take turned into a giant furball. Base taking and moving the map is all part of the fun.

The guys complaining about NOE missions could easily stop them by watching the map. Some days I spend time just going from base to base when it starts flashing and using the manned gun to stop NOE missions. Its fun when some NOE horde rolls in and realizes that the manned gun is shooting them down. Or a wirble.

I realize that some of you flamers are going to jump on these comments.  This change is in my humble opinion, a bad idea.....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:20:44 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »
Change IS good.
We ran a JU-87 mission against a vehicle base in the middle of an especially frantic TT.
The radar was still up and we were far from NOE.
After flattening the base and following up with Gvs the base was taken.
Surprise does still work(we were surprised that we made it to the target).
STUKA RAIDZ RULE!

And you think taking bases in Tank Town is good for game play?  I've always advocated that Tank Town should be uncapturable.  But what the heck do I know about game play?  Why not ruin the Ground Pounder's fun.

All the Best...

Jay

awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
Bad Idea!!! I watched Titanic Tuesday last night. Every base take turned into a giant furball. Base taking and moving the map is all part of the fun.

And you did notice that a lot of bases were still been taken? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2010, 10:21:02 AM »
Veeery Bad idea to split the community up into too many varied settings arenas like AW did.  HTC knows what they are doing better than most.  Besides, AW is out of business.  Not a good idea to follow their lead eh.

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »
And you think taking bases in Tank Town is good for game play?  

TT= Titanic Tuesday  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »
I did notice for the couple of hours i was on last night. The numbers seemed to stay even.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »
I think that Aces High Staff ruined a fun part of this game with the new NOE and Radar changes.
The game was becoming "NOE Low" not "Aces High".  The Late War dweeb game was becoming way unbalanced, thus the adjustment.  HTC doesn't do this sort of thing often.  Consider yourself nerfed.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »
I think that Aces High Staff ruined a fun part of this game with the new NOE and Radar changes. NOE missions are a very fun part of this game.

I dont doubt that NOE missions are fun. However, the whole point with the radar chages is to help promote fights. In the past, all you would see would be a bunch of greenies capping an enemy field with no uppers, and on the other side of the map would be a 15+ NOE enemy fighter hoarde overwhelming an undefended base. And this would just repeat itself all night long. Fact is, NOE hoardes do NOT promote fights when they are unseen (as it was in the past).

Looks to me like youre going to have to learn some ACM and some new tactics.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
And you think taking bases in Tank Town is good for game play?  I've always advocated that Tank Town should be uncapturable.  But what the heck do I know about game play?  Why not ruin the Ground Pounder's fun.

All the Best...

Jay

TT =Titanic Tuesday,sorry for any confusion. :salute
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »
And you did notice that a lot of bases were still been taken? ;)
Yes Lusche, You are correct. Bases were still being taken. My squad to one after a long and messy battle that included gv's. I just happen to enjoy NOE missions. I can fly at tree top level. I am more concerned with the 20 mile radar ring. We wlil play and see how it all turns out I guess.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2010, 10:28:09 AM »
I watched Titanic Tuesday last night. Every base take turned into a giant furball.

Guess HTC did it right.  :devil

Base taking and moving the map is all part of the fun.

Yeah it is, especially after hard-fought battle

This change is in my humble opinion, a bad idea.....

Yeah, if everyone said the same, Earth would still be flat and you wouldn't be here at all...  :aok

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2010, 10:34:09 AM »
Guess HTC did it right.  :devil

Yeah it is, especially after hard-fought battle

Yeah, if everyone said the same, Earth would still be flat and you wouldn't be here at all...  :aok

Salute 2BigHorn!! :salute.
We will just have to wait and see how it all plays out ..

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
My squad to one after a long and messy battle that included gv's.

Now didn't that feel good?  Didn't those backslaps, self-congratulations and declarations of how you are the greatest squad in the game mean so much more?  This will be good for you as you learn how to overcome obstacles and see the rewards of the fruits of your labors.

HTC has done their part to improve humanity.  I'm serious about that pizza...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla