Author Topic: Wow... Just Wow....  (Read 12073 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Wow... Just Wow....
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
I could see Hi-Tech releasing a different game altogether just for FPS action.  I would be based on Aces High obviously, but would have it's own graphics and physics and all that, and would be its own game.  The only thing it would share with Aces High would be the battles to take a base.

In other words, in Aces High... a Lancstuka hoard levels a town and gets troops into the map room.  This would no longer result in an automatic base take... however it would start a 'mission' in the FPS game... where people in its arenas would get to join in on the battle for this particular base.  And, the results of that FPS ground battle would be translated back into the AH game.  Then, when it's over, the people in the FPS game would go back to their massive shooting chaos until the next map room is taken in AH.

Your very close to my concept except the troops create a FPS spawn to complete the capture, it is entered into in the same game but the sim/combat piece does not interact with each other. I.E. planes can not strafe the FPS guys.

HiTech

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »
Your very close to my concept except the troops create a FPS spawn to complete the capture, it is entered into in the same game but the sim/combat piece does not interact with each other. I.E. planes can not strafe the FPS guys.

HiTech

So it would be exactly the same concept which Eve is currently implementing, sounds good. Being that I'm an experten FPS gamer I would be more than willing to alpha test your concept. that is unless you're going to create the FPS game for console(s) becasue I don't touch them.

Do you currently have enough staff to understake such a huge project? Surely you would need to take on a lot more staff to keep Aces High evolving while creating the FPS aspect of the game.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:38:51 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »
I'd much rather get all the old planes updated first.  :confused:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »
So if a pilot bails out in town to cover the maproom, do they then interact with the FPS troops??

Offline l0newolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2010, 05:14:07 PM »
Holy Crap... HiTech i am unworthy to play on this game.  :pray

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »

HiTech

So let me get this straight...  after delivering the troops, players could spawn into FPS mode to assist in, or defend against the base take... possibly saving the base from being captured? :aok
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:33:47 PM by AKP »

***G3-MF***

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »

HiTech

Wait, so does that mean planes and vehicles can't shoot troops running for the map room anymore?

That's going to make it REALLY rough on defenders....
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »
sounds kinda like an instance, except it impacts the outside world.

I don't know if I like the idea of a smaller inside game within the larger game where the inside game impacts the outside game yet the outside game cannot interact with the inside game.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2010, 11:06:43 AM »
I think it's too early to make judgments about the idea from one sentence.  It sounds like this is still in the "just an idea" stage and we won't be seeing it soon.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2010, 11:33:39 AM »
agreed, but a reasonable discussion early on might shine some light on unanticipated drawbacks, as well as potential rewards.  Its a fine topic for discussion :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
I can't argue with that, I'd just want a little more information to go off of.  I doubt we'll be seeing that any time soon though.  :uhoh
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »
Does sound like it will have to be one heck of a dynamic engine to support something like that. Still, the idea rocks  :x

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
I am "so in need" of a SE5a and Albatross you just simply wouldn't believe it  :pray

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
agreed, but a reasonable discussion early on might shine some light on unanticipated drawbacks, as well as potential rewards.  Its a fine topic for discussion :)

I'm not trying to jump on you Yeager but consider this. I have just posted a basic thought and you are already beginning to flame it. I have learned from past experience that it is almost always better to just ship the new concepts with out telling or asking for input. The reason is some portion of players will always have a false picture in their mind or a correct picture in their mind and try to make everyone else not like the change before it is launched.  It normally creates animosity before something is launched.

In some ways it is the same as "It is much easier to receive forgiveness the for permission".

Also read this.

http://blogmaverick.com/2010/04/06/why-you-should-never-listen-to-your-customers/

HiTech

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2010, 12:40:19 PM »
I think to "flame" suggests a derogatory purpose or foul intent.  I was certainly not trying to be  derogatory or foul but was more interested in the thoughts of other players.  I also found your posting of the idea somewhat unusual (per your link and general past experience) and thought maybe your intent was to solicit feedback.  In any event I have confidence that whatever HTC does will be done well.

In the end its all good.  Jeeze, does that sound right ;)

PS did you read my post about the SE5a and Albatross  :pray
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:42:30 PM by Yeager »