Author Topic: Customer Suggestions Unwanted  (Read 4213 times)

Offline willy928

• Zinc Member
Customer Suggestions Unwanted
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:12:13 PM »
Before I get a ration and told; "that if I dont like it, cancel your account". I have had a subscription to Aces High for well over five years. I own a internet service that is a provider which use at least double of what HITECH uses and yes I dependent on the 15 to 20 bucks a month each customer pays me. I understand all to well its a very rough go at it nowadays. Many people do not have fifty cents for the entertainment that HiTech offers. I am sure revenues are down and HiTech cant advertise for new subscribers like they did a few years ago. I remeber the T.V. Ads on the History Channel. I realize its a very small operation. With all thats going on and ever shrinking disposal entertainment dollars available. Why doesnt HiTech ask or speak to what the current customer base desires?

I dont think I have ever been asked more then once or twice about what I as a customer would like Hitech to do. Sure I have been polled once or twice about a new object I would like added, but I have never been asked a question like, how are we donig? what I like or dislike? Simple things to get a sense of how my needs as a customer are being met.

After five years dozens of updates and few changes here is what I would suggest:

• What is with the WW1 arenas? I am sure a lot of work went into it, but its an obvious strike out.
  • What is with choking off the arenas? 100 people allowed during certain times in late war areas. Half this game is squad play and do we really need two late war arenas? In fact why waste your database with early and mid war arenas? Do the 5 to 10 people who really use them make you that much more profitable?
  • Whats with your old, excuse me elderly website? I do a google a search of many terms around this keyword phrase "ww2 flight simulators online" and I dont see Aces High anywhere. Take it from an expert in the field, your missing out on many subscribers because you wont invest a 100.00 bucks into a more modern search engine friendly design. Thats just cheap!
]

If you had surveyed me like my vendors do, you would have kept my complaints in house and at least made me feel my 50 cents a day was a good purchase.

[/list]

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Customer Suggestions Unwanted
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:15:05 PM »
If HTC had advertisments on Facebook or Twitter, then they might get more publicity and maybe more players.
Strokes

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Ughh some of you people honestly, the way your acting is like HTC is on its last legs or something ffs.

***CUSTOMER***                                                            ***OWNER***
         YOU                                                                              HTC

How insulting must it be for HTC to have to come on here and read from people who have zero experience in running a business like this, that they are wrong and you are right. Theres a big line there a lot of people don't seem to see when businesses start up a public forum  :rolleyes:

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:35:04 PM »
I LOVE the WW1 arena.  It is why I still subscribe and I am absolutely positive they will give it greater attention and make it more viable to a larger group with varied tastes and styles.  

HTC has never done anything half assed.

The thing I like most about HTC is that they are beholden to no one but themselves.  They do whatever they feel is in their best interest, and the best interests of their loyal customers.  Always have.

Edit: If you have ever canceled your account you would know that HTC has an exit survey where you can select multiple choice as to why you are leaving the game.  One of the reasons you can select goes something like this: The mean man made you cry
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:40:11 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »
I see the opposite. I see that HiTech does listen... I.E the brewster, the M4, the plane polls (B25 and P39, radar changes (HiTech was aware people were avoiding fights), Mossie fixes, Brewster FM fixes, P38 FM fixes, etc.

Willy, there is a difference in B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to customer) services. There are many more B2B surveys, many of which are required.

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 01:41:04 PM »

C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
P38 FM fixes, etc.
Dear Cod!  When and what did they do to the P38 fm?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 01:44:11 PM »
Ughh some of you people honestly, the way your acting is like HTC is on its last legs or something ffs.

***CUSTOMER***                                                            ***OWNER***
         YOU                                                                              HTC

How insulting must it be for HTC to have to come on here and read from people who have zero experience in running a business like this, that they are wrong and you are right. Theres a big line there a lot of people don't seem to see when businesses start up a public forum  :rolleyes:
He just explained how he DOES have experience running a business, a subscription-based internet business no less, and you accuse him of the exact opposite.  How insulting it must be for the OP to have to read on here what you said, you who didn't even read what he wrote.

Also note I didn't say "you people", I said "you".

Now, back on topic, replying to the everyone other than who I just quoted:

HTC has looked for input in the past, but I think maybe they don't feel like following it ended up being in their best interests.  I think its clear that HTC could increase subscriber numbers quite easily, and in fact I've posted about it myself before.  But for some reason they've chosen not to.  Maybe its the desire to remain a small company.  Maybe they don't need the income and this game is their hobby.  Maybe they really don't know any better (but I doubt it).  I don't know, I'm sure some people on these forums could shed some light on it though.

I do agree that we would be better served by one large-map late war main arena.  Titanic Tuesday every day of the week would be nice.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 01:45:46 PM »
I have a feeling that customer feedback is not aggressively pursued by HTC because of two likely factors.  The first is that the feedback they got would mostly like be selfish in nature, people want what's good for them, HTC is concerned with the group as a whole. A fine example of this is the arena cap complaints, HT has stated that subscription growth and/or retention had dropped off prior to the split/caps and resumed once they were put in place, while we have to take his word for it, there really is no rational reason to doubt what he says in this regard.  Secondly I honestly believe that a lot people THINK they know what the want but if somehow they could see ahead to the consequences of that decision may change their minds, people always THINK they know what the want but it is less common for them to really KNOW what they want, perhaps a better way to say it is that people often don't ask for what they're really after.  

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »
Dear Cod!  When and what did they do to the P38 fm?

There have been a couple 38FM changes... a while ago after research done by a player (and P-38 fan) it was discovered that 600lbs had been left off of the P-38G and it was corrected, and more recently it was discovered that the P-38L wasn't producing proper thrust at low speeds (I don't recall which speed exactly but I think it was in the ballpark of 150mph).

*edit*
The 38G weight addition may have been 400lbs... I can't recall exactly.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:54:57 PM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline willy928

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »
Would it really hurt Hitech to send a email receipt when they collect your money each month. My merchant account does it automaticaly. It also makes my customers feel appreciated. Another thing that makes clients feel appreciated is when they have invested the time and very little money to build a decent website. Its a few hours work? I get the feelling the spend there profits at the local racetrack. Come on a email and real website would be nice.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »
That thought never occurred to me wily.  Perhaps they could make it optional for those that request it?  Sure doesn't seem like any sort of a deal breaker though.......not sure about your racetrack comment though.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:54:21 PM by Yeager »

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 01:52:26 PM »
before..

I get the feeling the spend there profits at the local racetrack. Come on a email and real website would be nice.

after..

.squelch Willy928

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 01:55:57 PM »
Would it really hurt Hitech to send a email receipt when they collect your money each month. My merchant account does it automaticaly. It also makes my customers feel appreciated. Another thing that makes clients feel appreciated is when they have invested the time and very little money to build a decent website. Its a few hours work? I get the feelling the spend there profits at the local racetrack. Come on a email and real website would be nice.

For someone who's interested in someone else doing something for them, you sure have an interesting way of asking.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
I don't remember exactly how HiTech worded it but something along the lines of "sometimes what a player thinks he wants, isn't always what the player really wants."  I'm not saying I agree with every decision HTC makes, but I accept that he knows what he's doing.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.