Author Topic: AoM Challenge  (Read 12111 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: AoM Challenge
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »
You're just too darn nice a guy Guppy :salute
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2010, 09:50:34 PM »
I'd actually like to count 3 of our 5-duel matches towards SDL standings.

Then don't we have to abide by the SDL rules?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »
Dog Fighters Club is made up of a lot more folks then AoM I believe which was why I was asking.

Since the Few is an RAF based bunch, I suppose DFC makes some sense as the sign of an accomplished vet RAF pilot tended to be DFC after their name, ie; F/L Johnny Johnson DFC.

Not that a squadron ever had DFC behind their name. 

QTF. :)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
Then don't we have to abide by the SDL rules?

I'm sure we'll figure something out that both sides can agree on.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2010, 10:01:06 PM »
Yeah, this lol?

Welcome to the Squad Dueling League

This league is designed in part to encourage friendly competitive game play between squads. Currently the Squad Dueling League (SDL) has three managing members, daddog, hammer, and trotter. Decisions by any of the three are final and not open for debate. Squads may be dismissed from the league at any time for any one or any combination of the following:
- Members whose intent is to insult other members
- Members whose intent is to discredit HTC or Aces High
- Members whose intent is to frustrate other players
- Members who continually complain or whine

SDL will not run a permanent ladder, but we may have ladder tournaments within our league.
SDL will not keep track of any stastics beyond a thread that posts wins and losses for each squad.
SDL encourages squads to track their own results in duels. Examples of squad stats can be found here.
http://www.332nd.org/dogs/daddog/Squad%20Stats08.htm
and
http://www.jg11.org/fsokillboard/fsokillboard.htm

The rules listed below are relatively lax because some rules or conditions that are common to 1 VS 1 or 2 VS 1 ladders are easily verified. This is not always the case with squad VS squad duels.

Rules for Squad Duels
- Squads must participate in a duel at least twice every 6 months.
- Squads must post an AAR after the duel in the private SDL forum. AAR’s maybe brief, or detailed. Ideally members are looking for constructive criticism or simply encouraging remarks about the duel.
-For the purposes of the Squad Dueling League, a squad is defined as the 32 individuals listed in any single Main Arena squad roster on the HTC Squads Page.  Multiple wings of the same name are also permitted to take part.
-As part of the challenge, the challenging CO will post his squad roster. The challenged CO will post his roster as part of the acceptance. Changes to these rosters must be agreed upon by both CO's.
- Squads must have at least 6 participates to duel
- Squads may more than 6 in a duel so long as both squads agree on the number.
- Squads must remain within icon range of fellow squad mates prior to the merge.
- Duel may not start (aircraft combat maneuvers) until the first 2 opposing planes come into icon range of each other.
- Squads will accept or decline all duels on this forum. An example subject title would be
332nd Flying Mongrels Challenges JG11
The challenge is accepted or declined in the thread. If accepted, any and all AAR’s are posted in that thread. C.O.’s and X.O.’s may cut and paste AAR’s from their squadies to satisfy the AAR requirement.
- All merges will be hot
- Fuel and load out will be up to each squad
- Prior to the duel Squads will decide in the challenge thread:
a) Date and time
b) Number of participants on each side
c) Merge altitude
d) Aircraft to be used
e) Any other considerations
- All duels will be the best of 5 matches.
- If a squad ups the wrong AC the round is done over
- We encourage any results from squad duels to be posted in the private Squad Dueling League O’Club forum.

Generalities
As squads become more comfortable with each other, rules for their duels may give one squad alt advantages, numbers advantages, or other criteria, but it is strongly suggested any changes like those mentioned are not employed till squads have dueled each other at least once.
Squads are welcome to ‘scrimmage’, (quick duels) each other at any time or any place. Scrimmage’s are not official and do not have to be recorded in this forum. Scrimmages may employ all the rules of a regular duel, but they are not official and do not count as a win or loss.
Remember the idea of the SDL is for squads to compete in friendly game play. We all want to win, but that never should be paramount.
For now duels will take place in the Dueling Arena. Should squads wish to have their duels in the Special Events Arena arraignments can be made for that.

Winning is important to me, but what brings me real joy is the experience of being fully engaged in whatever I’m doing. – Phil Jackson
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. – Confucius
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:02:37 PM by Kazaa »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2010, 10:03:07 PM »
Rules for Squad Duels
- Squads must participate in a duel at least twice every 6 months.
- Squads must post an AAR after the duel in the private SDL forum. AAR’s maybe brief, or detailed. Ideally members are looking for constructive criticism or simply encouraging remarks about the duel.
- Squads must have at least 6 participates to duel
- Squads may more than 6 in a duel so long as both squads agree on the number.
- Squads must remain within icon range of fellow squad mates prior to the merge.
- Duel may not start (aircraft combat maneuvers) until the first 2 opposing planes come into icon range of each other.

These?  Perhaps you could explain to me why we would not be able to arrange that 2-3 of our fights be credited towards SDL standings as well.

If it's the 'loser picks next ride thing' I'm sure we'd be able to prearrange the SDL planes in advance for some of the fights.  There would be no problem there from AoMs side.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:05:08 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »
I doubt that there are more people with Irish passports in the states than in Ireland. Maybe you should look the word citizen up... just saying..

I'm sure there's a lot of quarter Irish plastic paddys however.

Rubbish.

You can doubt it all you want, it's a fact.  

It's Ack-Ack's turn now!  :neener:
(I think he's just bitter that he won't be able to take part in the most epic aces high battle since neither squad would have him- discuss!)

Well, first off, I don't think a squadron like The Few would appeal to me, don't know exactly what it is, there are some nice members but you guys just seem to lack something.  As for the Muppets, I was invited a few years ago to join, around the same time the Blue Knights asked me as well but I had to respectfully decline because I'm a Raider and will be one until I decide to hang up the flight helmet.

If this is what you call "my turn", please, next time try and bring your A game or at least put some effort into it.

anyway, enough of the hijack and back to your regularly scheduled thread.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:33 PM »
Dog Fighters Club is made up of a lot more folks then AoM I believe which was why I was asking.

Since the Few is an RAF based bunch, I suppose DFC makes some sense as the sign of an accomplished vet RAF pilot tended to be DFC after their name, ie; F/L Johnny Johnson DFC.

Not that a squadron ever had DFC behind their name. 

If this is the case why didn't you guys just say so?   :headscratch:  That actually makes sense. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »
Dan, Lew, I have no idea whats going on - not that thats unusual.

Ink, I'm looking at being in PA august sometimes (with a bit of luck) - I'll be dropping in for some ink work bud (coverup on a manky tattoo).

Will bring beer  ;)

Wurzel

Sweeeeeet :aok

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »
well id love to be in this fight fellas but im heading back to school in august... GOOOOOOO0000000000OOOOOOOOOOO OOoooooooOOOOOOOO MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2010, 11:22:15 PM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:22:40 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »
For someone claiming to be "inactive", they're sure as hell not acting like they're "inactive".   :banana:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »
For someone claiming to be "inactive", they're sure as hell not acting like they're "inactive".   :banana:

Yea my 10 general discussion posts over a year in the 1 thread really blows my inactivity out the window huh. What an astute diddlying observation.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:24:04 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »
If this is the case why didn't you guys just say so?   :headscratch:  That actually makes sense. 

Obviously I don't know if The Few took DFC as a jab or representative of the actual RAF DFC. 

If that's the issue, it would be easy enough to solve.  Below is the uniform badge representing the Distinguished Flying Cross below RAF wings on a pilot's tunic.

I'd imagine someone could make that badge easy enough and put it in the sig of the Few who belong to the 'Vet' part of the wing.  It looks better then just seeing DFC anyway :)

I do know that as an RAF history fan, my first thought when I saw DFC with The Few was Distinguished Flying Cross, not Dog Fighters Club.

The running joke among the RAF pilots was that in a room full of vets, it always seemed that the room was slanted due to all the DFCs

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters