Author Topic: ENY vs Arena Cap  (Read 2379 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
ENY vs Arena Cap
« on: July 25, 2010, 05:58:46 PM »
Just left the late war blue arena because the ENY was high. That's what ENY is for right? Gets you so annoyed you leave. Trouble is the cap on the other late war arena is set so low you can't get in there. HTC is there some way you can coordinate those two annoying features?
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY vs Arena Cap
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Just left the late war blue arena because the ENY was high. That's what ENY is for right? Gets you so annoyed you leave. Trouble is the cap on the other late war arena is set so low you can't get in there. HTC is there some way you can coordinate those two annoying features?

First.   :D

Switch countries?   :headscratch:
Fly a 109?   :huh

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »
With all the planes we have in the plane set there should never be a complaint about not having something to fly. I really think people should pick a high eny ride to learn for just such times. To me it's a no brainer. It's just a matter of learning the plane. Why limit yourself?
Lighten up Francis

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »
I find the simplest answer is to forget the spitfires... Stay with me here.... And pick a lower ENY plane such as the zeke, Jug, P39, Yak or something of the like. Those planes fly, too.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »
Yep, I see a high ENY as an opportunity to fly something totally different and step out of your comfort zone.  Of course I like the spit IXs and Brewsters so rarely even notice ENY till someone starts complaining.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:24:53 PM »
I love me some LA5 action now and again!!  190-A8 also a plus plus ride!!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 08:47:39 PM »
ENY can only affect those that choose to let it.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 09:35:28 PM »
F4U-1  :aok

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »
Just in case you missed the other responses...

Switch sides or switch rides.  It's simple, really.  I can't say that I feel sorry for you, cuz you let the big bad ENY blow you down.   :rolleyes:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 10:57:59 PM »
Thanks for all the helpful responses.  Looking forward to receiving your 15 bucks in the mail.  Then I will be more than happy to do things "your way".  Which as we all know is the only right way.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 11:13:18 PM »
If HTC changed the game for everyone who came on the forums and whined about the game not working they way they think it should, well, the company wouldn't be around any longer.  ENY and arena caps are there for a reason, and although they can be annoying, they are currently the best solution to the problem.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:23:15 PM »
Thanks for all the helpful responses.  Looking forward to receiving your 15 bucks in the mail.  Then I will be more than happy to do things "your way".  Which as we all know is the only right way.

Naaa.  Keep sending your $15 the same place and don't play.  You won't hurt my feelings.

:banana:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 02:00:13 AM »
With all the planes we have in the plane set there should never be a complaint about not having something to fly. I really think people should pick a high eny ride to learn for just such times. To me it's a no brain-er. It's just a matter of learning the plane. Why limit yourself?

Why does everyone in this game insist on telling people what they should like and how they should think?  I like hawgs and spitfires, it is that simple.  My reason has NOTHING to do with how they perform in the game.  That is why I pay to play!  I really wish the forum was used by HT/team to "listen" to feedback and not feel compelled to defend.  And everyone here follows their lead and jumps on people for NOT thinking like they do!

I know this sounds negative and for that I apologize.  I have said in other posts how much I have enjoyed the new towns, bases, views from this recent patch and I am grateful as a paying customer!  But adding yet another thing for me to wade through in order to get in game to fly is frustrating.  I'm now editing sound files for Christ's sake and once done I will still need to deal with the old issues of arena caps, Eny, and being muted for expressing my political view on a channel when someone complains they can't find work.   

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 02:25:27 AM »
F4U-1 = ENY 25
Spitfire MkV = ENY 30
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 03:41:26 AM »
F4U-1 = ENY 25
Spitfire MkV = ENY 30

Sorry I was not specific F4U-1D and Spit IX.

But thanks for telling me and others what we should enjoy flying.